Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2013, 20:19   #271
BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi All,

I just got a static electric non mesh type sun shade for my car. I believe this is allowed as per law. Any thoughts on this. This does not require water for installation as well. Just use it like a mesh sun shade.
Hi Alive2Drive!. I too drive an i20. Will you please tell me where can I get these type of sun shades for my i20? can I get it from a local accessories shop or I have to order it online?
Old 27th May 2013, 20:49   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Some say that door visors help protect from sun? Is this true?
I think they do help. Have them on my lancer. They might not help in keeping the cabin cool while your car is parked out in the sun but they do surely prevent the glare from the sun on your face during the day.
Old 27th May 2013, 21:23   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post

As per the law, it is ILLEGAL. As per the law, you can not apply anything on the windows aftermarket. It is perfectly legal if retractable sun shades come factory fitted.
This is not applying !!!! This is just putting it on the window frame!!! It is non sticky and something like meshy sin shade!!! I saw cops not reacting at all to the mesh shades on cars .

Any thoughts ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAsta View Post

Hi Alive2Drive!. I too drive an i20. Will you please tell me where can I get these type of sun shades for my i20? can I get it from a local accessories shop or I have to order it online?
I got this from my accessories guy !!!! This product is available online however not on indian sites !!!! Where do you reside ??? If delhi, i can refer you to that guy !!!!

Last edited by Eddy : 27th May 2013 at 23:48. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 27th May 2013, 21:50   #274
BHPian

Thank you Alive2Drive. Well.. I stay in Mumbai and will try to get it form the accessories guy.
Old 13th June 2013, 10:05   #275
BHPian

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-fr.jpg

Attaching a news article from today's "Mathrubhumi".

Transport commissioner, Kerala has issued order to cancel registration certificate of vehicles plying with sunfilms. Article says that they plan to enforce section 53(1). He says that as the fine amount is very less, many owners pay the fine and continue use of sunfilm. The order also says that it is against law to stick on anything on car window glass which blocks inside view of vehicle. Seems all the curtains and screen have to be removed. As the commissioner is none other than Mr Yrishiraj singh IPS, I think, that it is going to be enforced strictly.

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2013 at 14:18. Reason: Correcting Picture Orientation
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 12:39   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
As the commissioner is none other than Mr Yrishiraj singh IPS, I think, that it is going to be enforced strictly.
Oh yeah. The MVD is going to be on their toes. As soon as he took charge yesterday, he conducted surprise checks in RTO offices and heard public grievances there.

On the other hand, there is a related order from the Kerala HC yesterday:
Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-13062013844.jpg
©Times of India
darklord is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 21:07   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Attachment 1096081

Attaching a news article from today's "Mathrubhumi".

Transport commissioner, Kerala has issued order to cancel registration certificate of vehicles plying with sunfilms. Article says that they plan to enforce section 53(1). He says that as the fine amount is very less, many owners pay the fine and continue use of sunfilm. The order also says that it is against law to stick on anything on car window glass which blocks inside view of vehicle. Seems all the curtains and screen have to be removed. As the commissioner is none other than Mr Yrishiraj singh IPS, I think, that it is going to be enforced strictly.

The New Transport Commissioner has already started his work. My friend was picked up today in Trivandrum for sun-film use. The police initially said that they had no option but to cancel the registration of the car. They also mentioned that they had no option since the post has now been taken up by Rishiraj Singh. He was let go finally for a fine of Rs 500/- with a strict warning to remove them ASAP.
nettooran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 21:13   #278
BHPian

Can somebody explain to me the logic behind these anti tinting laws? Especialy when motorcycle riders are REQUIRED to wear helmets (full face included) that prevents anyone from looking at their face?
bdman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 22:09   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Can somebody explain to me the logic behind these anti tinting laws? Especialy when motorcycle riders are REQUIRED to wear helmets (full face included) that prevents anyone from looking at their face?
cause some rich brats in Delhi drove around drinking and making out and even raping girls in tinted SUVs.
And we have to suffer as a result. I don't like dark tints, they are a pain to drive around with. But thats for the front windows. Why does the rear windows and qaurter windows be not allowed.?
They have funds for radar guns and breath analysers, why not buy the things that measure tints and allow the 70%, 50% VLT as per the Motor vehicles Act.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 22:22   #280
BHPian

So, what is the recourse if one gets pulled over and has "legal" (70% transparency on the front and rear windows, 50% transparency on the side windows)? I hear Kerala cops are notorious (as confirmed by previous posts). Can one get a receipt from the Tinter, to indicate that the tint is in compliance?
Old 20th June 2013, 23:42   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, what is the recourse if one gets pulled over and has "legal" (70% transparency on the front and rear windows, 50% transparency on the side windows)? I hear Kerala cops are notorious (as confirmed by previous posts). Can one get a receipt from the Tinter, to indicate that the tint is in compliance?
The SC ruling is a blanket ban. So no tints of any kind at all.
Kerala cops will stop and fine at the spot if they find that the windows are tinted. Mine has a lighty light green tint, that makes it almost clear glass-like. Cops have caught once, but let off with warning.
Not much checking down here, other than for seatbelts.
Will remove the tints ASAP if they catch me and fine, but till then will enjoy them.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 00:28   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes if they allow 70 and 50% VLT then you can actualy get a certificate from the manufacturer telling the same. I got one from Vkool and they say they will refund any challan you might be issued. Ofcourse I guess only reputed companies would give you this. But as of now everything has become illegal.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 09:32   #283
BHPian

I think only legal alternative for sunfilm is wearing a burka, as according to the recent developments, nothing can be pasted or clipped to windshield or side glasses. I was having 55% visibility film in side glasses and rear windshield. Removed from the right side front and rear glasses so that police wont stop me as over all visibility is good. No much issues in Thrissur, but seems law enforcement is strict in TVM.
Also Kerala govt collected about Rs 2.9Crores last year in Sunfilm fine alone!!!!

Last edited by ontheroad : 21st June 2013 at 09:36.
Old 21st June 2013, 09:46   #284
BHPian

Quote:
I stand corrected . The ruling, as Nitrous Power stated, states that NO after market film can be applied. The light transparency ratios apply only to factory fitted glass.

Link to SC Ruling: http://www.answeringlaw.com/php/disp...hp?linkId=1545
Old 21st June 2013, 13:08   #285
Senior - BHPian

How about filling some muddy water or even better water mixed with fly ash in a water sprayer and spray your glass windows neatly from outside.

I have observed dirty side windows help a lot in cutting the sun and there is no law which says windows can't be dirty.

I am dead serious about this on long highway travels. Last time while going to Gokarna from Bangalore I tried sticking wet newspapers on the windows from inside it works but impacts visibility of sides.

One sure shot legal solution I am using is this SPF 50 sun screen lotion

http://www.flipkart.com/lotus-herbal...md9avgedggwsjz

Last month went to Kedarnath and forgot the sunscreen got sever sun burn on arms , neck and face. My one arm is still copper color after 3 weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks