Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2017, 17:51   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi_chd View Post
Hence, the directive of the Supreme Court that all films need to be taken off makes sense.
I agree, 100%. Few appreciate that Indian cars are allowed to be registered with OE glass of VLT of as low as 70% and most Indian cars already have glass with tints that have VLT approaching those levels. Almost no car has glass with 100% VLT.

Of course heat rejection and UV reduction isn't just a matter of tinting and here again there is a lot that the car makers can do and some do/many don't. But within the leeway provided by the legally allowed 70% limits, a lot can be done on both fronts.

If more of us bought the cars of those that do, those that don't would also start doing.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 21:47   #677
Senior - BHPian

As all sunfilm is banned per SC order, I wonder how companies like 3M openly advertise and sell sunfilms like CR70 and others? The car care outlets claim CR70 is legal :-( Or am I missing something obvious? LINK

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2020 at 11:03. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 20th December 2017, 08:49   #678
Senior - BHPian

I got only the front windshield 'filmed' with the clearest one 3M had, on my Nexon. This offers 100% UV protection. I can't make out the difference at all. The front windshield lets in most UV, so I want this area covered. For the side windows I'll consider options in March/April if it becomes a problem. For now, I'm sorted.
Old 20th December 2017, 10:41   #679
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone managed to find a magnetic shade for the Honda City (4th gen 2014 and later model) that fits within the inner frame of the windows?

All the magnetic shade I've found so far sticks to the metal window frame and bangs against the pillar. It will eventually result the paint from the chipping away and corrosion/rust.

A diagram may give a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-honda-city-shade_0.jpg  

for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:00   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Has anyone managed to find a magnetic shade for the Honda City (4th gen 2014 and later model) that fits within the inner frame of the windows?

All the magnetic shade I've found so far sticks to the metal window frame and bangs against the pillar. It will eventually result the paint from the chipping away and corrosion/rust.

A diagram may give a better idea.
I have installed it in my City and it fits perfectly. Costs around Rs. 750/-

Have just put a small cello-tape at the point of contact and it works well for me.

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-city.jpg

Although its funny that the sun film is not allowed and this alternative is because this actually blocks the view inside more than the films.

Last edited by The Great : 20th December 2017 at 11:02.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 12:29   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Thanks! Can you please let me know the brand. I'll buy the same if it is available online.

If possible, please post an interior window shot.
Old 21st January 2018, 01:31   #682
BHPian

How about tint treatment for the door windows? Are there any good options available in India? It will be hard for police to identify if lighter treatments treatments are done. Even if they find it they will think it’s factory fitted as they only look for films in the glass.
Old 22nd January 2018, 00:21   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Door windows are easiest to detect, if they are looking at all. Just lower a little, and look at the edge. They will know it is not factory fitted.

In fact, "factory fitted," in this context, is not film: it is glass that is manufactured with a tint.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 03:15   #684
BHPian

Sir I was not referring to films. I meant to ask if there are any other methods to get tint on plain glass just like the factory fitted ones where its manufactured like that. Like in YouTube I saw videos where people are using black tint spray on the glass as alternative to sun films. Is that a good option? How could police know if such tints (for eg. Spray) are factory fitted or not? Are such alternatives available in India? Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2018, 08:00   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
How about tint treatment for the door windows? Are there any good options available in India? It will be hard for police to identify if lighter treatments treatments are done. Even if they find it they will think it’s factory fitted as they only look for films in the glass.
Actual tinting can be done / best done at factory. The one after market option I have come across is a nano coating on the glass, but this is yet to take off. It is color-free, but the USP is said to be less heating inside / less transmission of heat through the glass. Unless done in a dust-free environment, the spray collects dust particles and these cannot be removed. The cooling is there to some extent, but not that much to match the price that was there at that time. Last I heard, Amaron was planning to launch this as their product, but yet to hear more about this.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 08:48   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Can you share the brand and seller (if purchased online)
And like others asked, a close up pic of the interior and exterior would immensely help.
Old 22nd January 2018, 11:32   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
All the magnetic shade I've found so far sticks to the metal window frame and bangs against the pillar.
Yes. that's true. The magnet sticks to the metal frame of window nicely but the lower-end remains hanging & makes vibration noise. However, my sunshades came with these (attached images) kind of rubber parts, which accommodates sunshade's lower-end nicely.

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-sun2.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-sun.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:58   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Can you share the brand and seller (if purchased online)
And like others asked, a close up pic of the interior and exterior would immensely help.
I use these large sized FISHBERG shades. They fit-in perfectly within the window frame of my Newest City's rear side windows without the rubber suckies.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...311.0.0.xnMUrN
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:31   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I use these large sized FISHBERG shades. They fit-in perfectly within the window frame of my Newest City's rear side windows without the rubber suckies.
Have these in various colour and designs, but looking for magnetic shades which covers the complete window.
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:39   #690
Senior - BHPian

I am using the zippered magnetic sunshades on the city as well for the last 10 months. Serves the purpose very well and gives a nice black tinge from outside. I have been using on my Ritz as well for 3 years without any issues. I am using the Autopearl one from Amazon. Instead of cellotape using Bicycle anti scratch frame protector stickers from Aliexpress which I got for less than a dollar.

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-img_20171127_142326.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Yes. that's true. The magnet sticks to the metal frame of window nicely but the lower-end remains hanging & makes vibration noise. However, my sunshades came with these (attached images) kind of rubber parts, which accommodates sunshade's lower-end nicely.
These are really cool. I wish I had them as well.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 22nd January 2018 at 16:45.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks