Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 23:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Maruti cuts down Petrol car production

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Have you read the joint statement made by the three oil companies yesterday (5 June 2012) of how they have been ripped off their margins et al.
- Can someone please advise them to make statement which could be read and understood by the reader. They sell in litres (retail) and talk in barrels (in statement made to public), no wonder a large chunk of readers could not make out what they want to say.
- Why in this world our excise duties, central and state taxes are linked as percentage of the fuel prices so that the taxes increase simultaneously with increase in fuel prices? Why can't we have an absolute number say Rs X/litre as a fixed tax / duty amount so that the impact of global crude price is clear to the end user. The revenue of government even in the case of fixed taxes is bound to increase with increased consumption, but no we are at their disposal and are suffering because of them. The government is here to fool us.
- The government is against monopoly (with all kinds of laws to check it) why they have created a monopoly / cartel in fuel market?
Ya that's correct they have published it on the very front page in left side at down corner, however even I have read just couple of days after the petrol price hike In the Economic Times the net profit posted by the one of these Oil company for the last quarter & also for the whole year.

However even though the Maruti cuts down the petrol car production they may not convert it fully into manufacturing the diesel cars as Maruti has signed a contract with fiat for limited No of their multijet engines per year, also i dont think so that there are any news about suzuki developing any Diesel engine for India.
Old 7th June 2012, 09:35   #32
BHPian

Re: Maruti cuts down Petrol car production

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Ya that's correct they have published it on the very front page in left side at down corner, however even I have read just couple of days after the petrol price hike In the Economic Times the net profit posted by the one of these Oil company for the last quarter & also for the whole year.

However even though the Maruti cuts down the petrol car production they may not convert it fully into manufacturing the diesel cars as Maruti has signed a contract with fiat for limited No of their multijet engines per year, also i dont think so that there are any news about suzuki developing any Diesel engine for India.
Just after posting reply on this thread yesterday night, today while having my morning tea read in Economic Times that Maruti official have confirmed that due to rise in petrol prices demand for petrol cars have fallen down down & they don't want the investories to pile up hence have stopped the production of 800, Alto, Estilo & A-star for 3days.

My question here is why these three models only ? why not Ritz, SX4 & Eeco?
Sales of these three products are not doing that great even.

Last edited by GTO : 7th June 2012 at 16:16. Reason: Fixing quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks