Team-BHP - First Gear : A Book for first-time Car Buyers in India (Download link Inside)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   First Gear : A Book for first-time Car Buyers in India (Download link Inside) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/121800-first-gear-book-first-time-car-buyers-india-download-link-inside.html)

Name:  First Gear  Cover Screenshot.png
Views: 18645
Size:  868.0 KB

Ford India releases an extremely comprehensive & helpful book for first-time car buyers in India. Best part is, there is hardly any Ford branding inside (except for images of cars, mainly). It's just plain, simple & useful advice.

Topics covered include:

- Understanding the cost of car ownership
- Choosing between new & used cars
- Ford recommends researching online :)
- Choosing the right car
- How to choose the right dealer
- The documentation
- Vehicle Finance
- Insurance tips
- Common errors when buying a car
- TWO chapters on Safety :thumbs up
- Maximising fuel efficiency
- Basic technical tips
- What to do if you experience a breakdown or an accident
- Accessorising your car
- Emerging green technologies (hybrids, electric vehicles etc.)

The book is well designed and has a simple, easy format. There is a lot of reading material though, so plan accordingly. This isn't a 5 minute quick read.

Download Link (143 MB): Click Here

Name:  First Gear  Index Screenshot.png
Views: 16396
Size:  637.9 KB

Very very interesting. Even though Ford has not adopted a very 'marketing' stance to it, the brand will be able to enjoy good recall. That apart, this is a very positive step since we all choose to google stuff and go through innumerable articles which in most cases gets us more confused than required.

Appreciate the download link!

Wow! Great initiative by an auto major. Am planning on buying a Ford so let's see what I can apply from their book.

Superb, I had just given tips for couple of my friends this weekend on how to shortlist a car depending on the usage, long term perspective as well as about Insurance, depreciation etc etc. No prize on guess from where I got all that info.

But now, Thanks to GTO's post, not only I've got a better understanding (Went through couple of chapters) and new info, it also a serve as a guide for all. Truly appreciate it :)

~Cheers

Certain topics covered in the book such as dealing with the dealer,safety in the car and on the road will be really helpful to new car-buyers. I wish this book was available 2 months back, when i bought my i20 :)

anyway, its never too late to gather more info!

Ford India is doing great in ensuring safe driving and imparting basic knowledge-base to car buyers and car enthusiasts!
At-least they understand and appreciate the necessity of promoting safety and guidance and place it at par with their internal marketing.
Thanks Ford.

They are also very visible over Facebook and maintain their page with dignity.

Thanks for sharing, GTO. :-)

Me and my friend were just discussing about a new car for him. This couldn't have come at a better time for him. Plus never late for me to read up too!!

Good initiative by Ford India.

Thanks for sharing, GTO.

PDFs are made to make the document small why is it 143 MB I cannot understand.

I believe the Mod and downloading it :-D

Do download it, its worth it. Took about 2-3 hours to get 140MB down (Maybe the servers were slow). Started reading and till now it does look very good.

For all those revv happy heads like mine, it starts where most of us miss out i.e. Money/Finance and how much one should stretch.

A must read for a new car buyer, or if i can rephrase, for an impulsive buyer. So as he/she does on err on the money side of things.

I have seen a few folks on the forum selling their wheels in less than six months of ownership, the first chapter on money will help in such cases.

Awesome initiative, Thanks GTO

Thanks GTO for sharing this excellent link.

I have just finished reading the book and I must say it is an excellent guide for new car buyers. I recommend it to even experienced buyers just to have an idea if they were missing on some front.

I am saving the copy for future reference in my ebooks folder.

Thanks for sharing, GTO!

This will be very useful for those novice / first time car buyers. It is always good to have some materials handy to refer whenever you are new to something. Folks will definitely prefer to have a "one resource for all / or well most of it" rather than trying to Google for each and every question they come up with.

Indeed a great initiative by Ford! Nice to see these companies coming up with unique strategies to leave their brand image in the individual's minds.

r-six

Downloading it now. Thanks for the share GTO.

The server is not slow, its downloading like any other file share site.

Thanks for finding and sharing GTO. It will be a grt reference for buyers at this stage. Already referred this to many prospective buyers..

GTO,
Thank you for this link . My daughter is just shifting from a two wheeler to a four wheeler . This download is a perfect read for her and also for a multitude of young neices and nephews I have.
Regards,
Ashok

I have not yet downloaded the pdf but plan to do so soon. One basic question for people who have already read this:
Is this meant specifically for India or are the pointers very generic in nature?