BHPian

Caparo's Rs. 1.17 cr car ( 1000 bhp supercar ) in India soon

Ok got this piece of news on rediff.

http://in.rediff.com/money/2006/apr/11caparo.htm

anyone .. any ideas ???

BTW it says 1000 bhp supercar...
Old 11th April 2006, 13:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

WHoa!! 1.17Cr for a 1000hp supercar seems like a bargain of sorts. The car will be first marketed in India??!! I guess we will know only by the end of this year.
Old 11th April 2006, 14:40   #3
BHPian

caparo is that owed by that lord swaraj paul the bengaki business man in london. since hwne did he get into cars...sounds good. wonder what it gonna look like!!
Old 11th April 2006, 18:07   #4
BHPian

Actually, the car they are referring to will not have a 1000bhp engine, but the power to weight ratio of 1000bhp per tonne, as the car would weigh only 500 kgs. I doubt how many of these cars will see the road in India unless used only for track days as the car is very low.

Caparo just bought over Freestream Cars, which is headed by two people who worked on the famous Mclaren road car.

Details on the car made by Freestream can be found here

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2006-Freestream-T1.htm

The link confirming the purchase of Freestream by Caparo can be found here :
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/66...new_owner.html

Last edited by salil_kulkarni : 11th April 2006 at 18:09.
Old 13th April 2006, 07:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Excuse me![Swaraj Paul to make 1000hp car] A little too late for Apr Fools Joke!!

I cant believe this and it makes no sense..but here is the article..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeofindia.com
LONDON: Lord Swraj Paul's Caparo group has formed a subsidiary that will manufacture a 1000 bhp 'super car'by the end of this year, the first of which will be marketed in India.

The super car, to be named Caparo T1, will come at a price tag of £150,000 (around Rs 1.17 crore) and has all the features of a racing car.

To manufacture the Caparo T1, the group recently acquired automotive consultancy firm started by Ben Scott-Geddess and Graham Halstead, who developed the famous Mclaren F1, Lord Paul said.

The subsidiary to manufacture Caparo T1 will be headed by Lord Paul's son Angad, who is the group's CEO. Scott-Geddess becomes the design director of the new company while Halstead will be the engineering director.

Commenting on the group's move into advanced vehicle technology, Angad Paul said, "I warmly welcome this opportunity for the group to move up the value chain with this high value added proposition."

"We will use our vehicle technology company to add new material know-how to our existing aluminium and steel structural capabilities,"he said.

The new company will provide advanced technology development, materials engineering, and design services to mainstream automotive, motorsport and aerospace markets.

Coupled with its global manufacturing resource and capability, Caparo aims to accelerate the use of light weight materials in vehicle structures. Angad said the company would market the Caparo T1 in the niche low volume segment.

The car will be powered by a 2.4 litre, V8 engine, which the company has branded as Caparo V8, and has the capacity to deliver 480 bhp at 10,500 rpm. "The car is developed aerodynamically and is designed to offer a unique race car performance experience that is not achieved by the current generations of sports cars,"he said.
The news doesnt seem to be consistant or I have just not understood it..it says its a 2.4L engine making 480hp @ a freakish 10.5k RPM and they are talking of it having 1000hp? until they are combing the 2 V8s to make a V16 with 960 which is almost 1000hp...

still crazi stuff...

Link to article

then i can easily get this car without being on any wait list, my dad's best friend's real sister is married to his son , so bale bale for me i guess...

Last edited by 1Day : 13th April 2006 at 07:18.
Old 13th April 2006, 10:33   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
then i can easily get this car without being on any wait list, my dad's best friend's real sister is married to his son , so bale bale for me i guess...
So... what your trying to tell us is that your REALLY close eh??
Old 13th April 2006, 11:52   #7
BHPian

really SEXY design. here are the pics bhailog

Old 14th April 2006, 06:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

Times screw up again. Its not 1000 bhp but 1000bhp per tonne.
500 horse and 500 kg weight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks