Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 16:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Mercedes C-Class AMG Edition (C250 CDI). EDIT: Now "Edition C" for the C220 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wheels View Post
Booked a White amg performance edition which will be delivered in 2 weeks time.
hot wheels,

Congrats, you just got the best car in it's class, and you sure will love those sports seats!

Enjoy it! You are in the brightest side of Automotive Industry!

Regards,
Old 18th June 2012, 17:40   #32
Team-BHP Support

re: Mercedes C-Class AMG Edition (C250 CDI). EDIT: Now "Edition C" for the C220 CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wheels View Post
Visited one of the dealership so clicked some pictures of the car and had a test drive too,the padel shift is amazing. Booked a White amg performance edition which will be delivered in 2 weeks time.
Thats double confirmation of the 7 speed auto. Congrats on the car, do post detailed pictures once you get it.

I expected Mercedes to shout from the rooftops about the 7 speed in the Performance Edition, surprisingly they have kept quiet about it.
Old 18th June 2012, 18:52   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
hot wheels,

Congrats, you just got the best car in it's class, and you sure will love those sports seats!

Enjoy it! You are in the brightest side of Automotive Industry!

Regards,

Thanx,

These are the pics of the sports seats you mentioned!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes C-Class AMG Edition (C250 CDI). EDIT: Now "Edition C" for the C220 CDI-img01531201205291636-1.jpg  

hot wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 01:42   #34
BHPian

This is just like the "Sport" model available on the C Class sold in North America. I should know, we just bought one .
Old 19th June 2012, 02:33   #35
Team-BHP Support

The kit looks good, and cross-drilled-rotors + 7G Tronic 'box, etc. would make it a great option over the A4 and the 3. A nice car, but MB seems to have lost the plot a little.

Any reason why they're limiting numbers to just a 100? I'm sure they could have made this a mainstream variant and made it an even bigger success. Forget the kit, the 7G Tronic 'box should have been made available across all variants.

Or are they just waiting for the new C so that they could plonk it in that?
Old 19th June 2012, 08:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Rehaan,

Also here's the official MB page with the same details,

C250 CDI AMG Pack

This is not Really rubbish at all! This is how all car makers globally operate, BMW has the M pack, Audi the S line, and MB the AMG pack, but MB goes a little ahead in India and also adds Sports seats, and few others, it's not diluting the brand at all it just makes the cars look a lot better, and look at the price it's amazing,

And this is NOT any form of desperation but rather just market plans for the C which is now the oldest from the 3 germany trios! I find this update wonderful esp. for those who will not want the new 3!

vb-san,

Mate, Honestly speaking yes soon all models will get 7G but to keep things simple and be able to dilute old inventory with 5G I believe there will be little noise made about it, so they will soon be able to move 5G cars to those who are not exactly updated.

Regards,
I just got my c200 delivered a few days back and have been completely impressed with 7Gtronic.

I noticed from the picture that the performance edition gets the ECONOMY and SPORTS mode button in the centre console while the regular C's have it next to the gear box.

Also the instrument cluster also shows the HOLD feature activated. I havent been able to activate it on mine. Is this feature specific to the AMG edition?

And finally, the newer c200's come without the CGI badge. Apparently the cgi technology has been removed. So now regular unleaded petrol should be fine right?
Old 19th June 2012, 10:32   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Or are they just waiting for the new C so that they could plonk it in that?
It will be launched in the normal C class soon. That is why you can get some nice discounts on the present C250cdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
I just got my c200 delivered a few days back and have been completely impressed with 7Gtronic.

Also the instrument cluster also shows the HOLD feature activated. I havent been able to activate it on mine. Is this feature specific to the AMG edition?

And finally, the newer c200's come without the CGI badge. Apparently the cgi technology has been removed. So now regular unleaded petrol should be fine right?
CGI tech removed? I doubt that would happen. All other direct injection cars like TSI engines are running fine on normal fuel.

As for the hold feature, when the car is stopped say at a signal, you have to push the brake pedal in fully, and quickly and that should activate the hold feature. I'm surprised you didn't get a demo of all these little features.
Old 19th June 2012, 10:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It will be launched in the normal C class soon. That is why you can get some nice discounts on the present C250cdi.

CGI tech removed? I doubt that would happen. All other direct injection cars like TSI engines are running fine on normal fuel.

As for the hold feature, when the car is stopped say at a signal, you have to push the brake pedal in fully, and quickly and that should activate the hold feature. I'm surprised you didn't get a demo of all these little features.
Thanks. Yeah i was told that the techonology was removed in the newer cars as the cgi requires 95 ron petrol.
Even in this thread people seem to suggest that.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...an-petrol.html

Thanks. Will try what you suggested. Im assuming this feature is activated on D mode and not in neutral.

Last edited by vinj14 : 19th June 2012 at 10:44.
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 12:45   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Also the instrument cluster also shows the HOLD feature activated. I havent been able to activate it on mine.
The Brake-HOLD function will not work in Sport mode. You need to be in Economy/Comfort mode for it to work.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th June 2012 at 13:13.
Old 19th June 2012, 14:52   #40
BHPian

FInally, MBIL doing what it should have done a long long time ago. Their 220 and 250 series of engines finally gettting a worthy gearbox ! Now i think its time to plonk the 7G in the E220 and E250 CDI as well ! That out to do wonders to those cars ! For me the lack of ratios and the gruffness of the engines was the deal breaker for the cheaper Es .

Waiting to see MBIL do that soon !
Old 24th June 2012, 11:04   #41
Team-BHP Support

To add a bit more confusion to the mix. Autocar show just reviewed this C250 AMG edition and have added that the dampers are adjustable by pressing the Sports button on the centre console.

As far as I know, the C class the agility controlled dampers which work like the Koni FSD i.e. soft when speeds are low and stiffens up as the speed increases. Driver has no control over it.

They also forgot to mention the new 7G -Tronic box.

For those of you think that the Mercs are boring and this upgrade is of no use to a stately Merc, take a look at this video of the C250 in Bangalore. Now add stiffer suspension and a better gearbox to the mix :-)

Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 11:28   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

As far as I know, the C class the agility controlled dampers which work like the Koni FSD i.e. soft when speeds are low and stiffens up as the speed increases. Driver has no control over it.
I think the suspension does continuously adjust, but either to the comfort/economy setting, or the sport setting.
Old 24th June 2012, 11:41   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think the suspension does continuously adjust, but either to the comfort/economy setting, or the sport setting.
Akshay, The AGILITY control package is selective damping based on speed and road conditions. It has been there for a long time in the C and required no driver control. It would change based on driving style, speed and road conditions.

As far as I know the Economy and sports setting in the C250 CDI is only for transmission to change to sports mode. It does nothing for the suspension, engine, throttle sensitivity.

What I'm not sure is if they changed this in the AMG edition since the sports button is located on centre console instead of near the gearstick.
Old 24th June 2012, 12:14   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Akshay, The AGILITY control package is selective damping based on speed and road conditions. It has been there for a long time in the C and required no driver control. It would change based on driving style, speed and road conditions.

As far as I know the Economy and sports setting in the C250 CDI is only for transmission to change to sports mode. It does nothing for the suspension, engine, throttle sensitivity.

What I'm not sure is if they changed this in the AMG edition since the sports button is located on centre console instead of near the gearstick.
Your right viddy. Except on a friends C200K, when switched to S it felt like the suspension actually did firm up a bit, but the exhaust note certainly changed a tiny bit. I thought that the suspension would adjust on its own according to comfort and sport presets.

But seems you are right, with the normal C/S button near the shifter it doesn't affect the suspension (in the C class).

The buttons on the dash indicates this car has some optional package, probably what they call the AMG suspension, or its along with the AMG suspension. So with these buttons, the suspension does stiffen and soften.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 22:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Is the front grill from the C63 AMG a straight fit on the C250 CDI? MB dealer is quoting ~60K for it. Can the original part be sourced cheaper from elsewhere?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks