Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 19:49   #16
BHPian

maruti omni 63K ???

wow . i know its a cheap people mover , but wasn't expecting those figures.
Old 13th April 2006, 20:01   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
maruti omni 63K ???
wow . i know its a cheap people mover , but wasn't expecting those figures.
The Omni is unbeatable value for money provided you can live with the lack of safety, A/C and image. Most small businesses use the Omni as a load carrier as well as a people carrier.
Old 13th April 2006, 21:23   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
live with the lack of safety, A/C and image.
You wont literally be able to 'Live'
I think its the worrrrrrrest car this country has ever produced. They should stop production of this suicide machine!
Old 14th April 2006, 07:17   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I think its the worrrrrrrest car this country has ever produced. They should stop production of this suicide machine!
In what sense are you saying that it's the worst car in India ? If it's sooooo worrrrrst then how it survived for more than 20 years ?

And never forget that Omni is the vehicle with the best road view in India which can be manoeuvred easily by people of all height levels. If you can't see the road in front of you do I need to teach you about the after-effects ? If you've travelled in Indica/Maruti 1000, you'll know what I'm saying ?

And never forget that it's one of the cheapest VFM utility vehicle available in India and it's the ultimate vehicle for large families who can't afford Scorpios/Innovas.

Also it's easy and cheaper to maintain an Omni than a new generation Indian bike. That's why it has got one of the highest resale value like M800.

Everyone are of the opinion that a bonnet in the front can save you from all the accidents. Are you thinking that a M800 with a effeminate bonnet alone can survive all the accidents ?

Every vehicle has it's own pros & cons and nothing is perfect in this universe and in the case of Omni it's pros outweigh the cons that's why it's still remaining as one of the top-sellers...

Last edited by Aditya : 20th April 2006 at 07:57.
Old 14th April 2006, 09:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

You have a Maruti dealership, mithun?

lol Just joking man, yeah I guess you are right, but the Versa seems to everything the Omni does, only better. What about that, eh?
Old 14th April 2006, 10:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
In what sense are you saying that it's the worst car in India ? If it's sooooo worrrrrst then how it survived for more than 20 years ?
it survives even today as it is the cheapest people mover in the market(with no alternatives at that price). just because the car sells in large numbers, it doesn't excuse OMNI from being one of the most unstable,and unsafe car to ever hit the indian car market.

Last edited by Fiero : 14th April 2006 at 10:11.
Old 14th April 2006, 12:30   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Well, I've owned one for 3 1/2 years, approx. 42000 km and I'm here today, am I not?

As I've said earlier, the Omni is NOT a car and is not meant to be driven like one. Drive it like a van and you'll be OK.

If it suits the budget and the purpose, why not an Omni? Nobody is forcing you to buy one, are they?
Old 14th April 2006, 12:35   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
but the Versa seems to everything the Omni does, only better. What about that, eh?
Budget, islero, plain & simple. Let me quote from personal experience - in 1999, I had a budget of roughly 2 lakhs to get a new 'car'. I didn't want second hand and my choices were non A/C 800 and the Omni.

Why the Omni then - my requirements of carrying 5 people & their luggage were met.
Old 14th April 2006, 16:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, good point hrag.

I have noticed these 'commecial' versions of the Versa in Airports and sometimes on the roads. They have a different rear bumper, and are white colour, wihtout any graphics.

Just how mcuh cheaper are these Versas than the normal ones?
Old 14th April 2006, 17:47   #25
BANNED

It proves the point again!
Make good cars! And we'll buy it.

Maruti as no.1 is clear. They're the best car maker in the country in terms of sales, service and reliability.

A TATA as no.2 ?
I would love to see that drop (out from the top 10 hopefully) if TATA doesnt want to change their way of making cars. They're taking their customers for granted and build quality (which was improving a while ago) has gone down again.
See the post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html
Being arrogant is not the solution. But TATA does'nt seem to understand.

Innova's sales shout the fact that Indians are ready to pay if it's worth it.

WagonR is indeed making good progress and it's being agreed (slowly) that overall and in long term it's better than a SANTRO.

Hyundai has many models in india and only Santro made it to the top10. It's a clear indication that Hyundai is not a well respected brand here (It is not worth a brand) and price is the only factor for their cars to sell.

And if Toyota can, then Honda cant be far away. NHC is a good car for India and I wish to see more models from both these manufacturers.

Regarding the OMNI, it is by far the best VFM in India. It can carry about 8 passengers with their bags, Shift the house for you, Run your department store and take your children (No matter how many) to school. All this with just a tankful of Fuel! It also saves precious road space too as it only occupies a bicycle's area. And safety? When did we Indians even think about it? 18 people travel in a motorised rickshaw with joy! Now tell me where's place for safety here?
Old 15th April 2006, 01:58   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
A TATA as no.2 ?
I would love to see that drop (out from the top 10 hopefully) if TATA doesnt want to change their way of making cars. They're taking their customers for granted and build quality (which was improving a while ago) has gone down again.
See the post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html
Being arrogant is not the solution. But TATA does'nt seem to understand.

Regarding the OMNI, it is by far the best VFM in India. It can carry about 8 passengers with their bags, Shift the house for you, Run your department store and take your children (No matter how many) to school. All this with just a tankful of Fuel! It also saves precious road space too as it only occupies a bicycle's area. And safety? When did we Indians even think about it? 18 people travel in a motorised rickshaw with joy! Now tell me where's place for safety here?
I do not agree with you on the first one. The link you have posted is the favorite ranting thread for us against the tatas (don't we all need a cause?!). Their response to that case is really disheartening. But a lemon does not make the whole lot bad. If you you say their quality is continuously going down you are blatantly wrong buddy. I have known Indica since last so many years. The newer version is far superior to the previous year's and so on... they are improving everyday. Smallest of things are slowly changing. They do take those customer feedbacks seriously and improve things. And you can make it out from the things. Whether that be a light stalk or the beading quality, the wiper blades, the paint quality or even the NVH levels. They all this year are better than any Indica that came out two year's back.

The proof of the pudding is in eating it. I/my family has owned Tata vehicles and I know the difference. So probably do those lakhs who buy these vehicles every year. Remember during their V1 days once people started realizing that the car had problems the sales tapered to an extent where the pundits started writing an obituary for the car. So if they bounced back and continuously going higher they must be doing something right.

About the Omni, yes, it is the ultimate VFM. Proves the point that cheap 4-wheeled options are desperately needed for this country. No wonder Tatas are so keen on that 1-lakh car. However the fact remains that Omni with all its virtues still remains a real dicey thing on the wheels. Forget head-on impact cases. That may still be something which may involve lot many factors besides the car's problem (of having no cushion zones). However I feel the biggest problem is that of toppling. Soooo many cases of toppling has been reported that Maruti should actually have done something about it. At anything above 50kmph if you give a sharp steering input to the car it topples. In fact I am even aware of a case where a Omni rubbed against a Karizma at moderate speeds and then did a crazy twist and toppled!!!
Old 20th April 2006, 06:05   #27
BANNED

I'm seeing lots & lots of new Scorpios on the roads, but Scorpy is missing on the Top-10 list and the costlier Innova is on the list.

So what is the actual sales figures of Scorpy ??
Old 20th April 2006, 07:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

I wonder which one amongst Corolla, Optra and Octavia sells better? Since they all take turns at topping the monthly sales figures. Anybody has any idea how many units of the Laura have been sold till date?
Old 20th April 2006, 10:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
I'm seeing lots & lots of new Scorpios on the roads, but Scorpy is missing on the Top-10 list and the costlier Innova is on the list.

So what is the actual sales figures of Scorpy ??
he he....You can never miss a Scorpio on the road. That is probably why.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks