Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 14:05   #136
BHPian

Re: The Diminishing Value of D1 Segment Sedans (Altis, Cruze, Civic, Laura et al)

I always like the car that is n+1 class of my budget. Right now I have budget of Vento, but really like Jetta. I am sure the day I can afford Jetta, I will start liking Passat .
Old 5th November 2012, 17:59   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Diminishing Value of D1 Segment Sedans (Altis, Cruze, Civic, Laura et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Which C2 sedan has 6 airbags? Any hatchbacks attempting to scale this peak?
Well if I am not wrong then both the Verna top end and Hyundai I20 top end variants come with 6 airbags each.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 18:21   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

Well if I am not wrong then both the Verna top end and Hyundai I20 top end variants come with 6 airbags each.
I20 comes with 6 airbags only in petrol AT, AFAIK.
Old 5th November 2012, 19:46   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

I20 comes with 6 airbags only in petrol AT, AFAIK.
i20 comes with 6 airbags only in top end model Asta (O) for both, petrol and diesel. Petrol AT is available only Sportz trim and comes with only 2 airbags.
Old 5th November 2012, 19:49   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Which C2 sedan has 6 airbags? Any hatchbacks attempting to scale this peak?
The 1.6 SX (O), which is the top variant of the new Fluidic Verna has 6 airbags - 2 curtain airbags running along the length of the cabin, 2 side airbags and 2 for the driver and front passenger.

Note to Mods: Please delete this post as question is already answered. Not able to delete the post.

Last edited by IndianGuardian : 5th November 2012 at 19:55.
Old 5th November 2012, 22:45   #141
BHPian

I know just one thing. When I buy a car today, quality/reliability/etc are given and thus XUVs & Safaris of the world are out. The tipping point in my buying decision is 'pride of ownership', 'self-esteem', 'ego', and definitely, no matter how well-equipped a C-segment car is, it can never be as satisfying as a D-segment car. A 'C' may come with all the bells & whistles of a 'D' but "being seen" in a 'C' is just not the same as 'D'.

VFM is when I can get a cracker of a deal! For eg, my friend bought a new Laura TSI in Nov 2011 for Rs 10.25 Lac. That's VFM. Last month, a colleague bought a new Corolla (P) for Rs 10.5 Lac. That's VFM in my understanding!
Old 5th November 2012, 23:40   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork
VFM is when I can get a cracker of a deal! For eg, my friend bought a new Laura TSI in Nov 2011 for Rs 10.25 Lac. That's VFM. Last month, a colleague bought a new Corolla (P) for Rs 10.5 Lac. That's VFM in my understanding!
Your friend and colleague bought new cars or pre owned ?

The price they paid, looks like for a pre owned car.

10.5L for a TSI is awesome man. For same price, around a year old TSI are available in the market.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 5th November 2012 at 23:43.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:49   #143
BHPian

What a car means to a person would define the value proposition. The important presumption here is the availability of M factor.

For some even when they can afford say a Laura / Jetta they would be happy to go for a Honda City / Verna at 60% the price as for them it is just a point A to point B transport or maybe opt for an XUV as "more car" for the money with a long list of features.

For someone who "Lives to Drive" the comfort, performance, safety & engineering that a loaded D segment would provide can never be matched by a C.

While I was debating my last purchase I had inputs saying that Verna is the way to go as it provides all & more features that you want in a vehicle.

Well my final buy was a Jetta Highline with paddle shifters (which was quite a stretch from a budget perspective) - so you know where my preferences lie
vkaul1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 13:46   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Your friend and colleague bought new cars or pre owned ?

The price they paid, looks like for a pre owned car.

10.5L for a TSI is awesome man. For same price, around a year old TSI are available in the market.
Brand new cars straight off the showroom ex-Mumbai! The only component not included in the price was insurance. That's what I meant when I said "cracker" of a deal, bro :-)
Old 4th March 2013, 15:25   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
Brand new cars straight off the showroom ex-Mumbai! The only component not included in the price was insurance. That's what I meant when I said "cracker" of a deal, bro :-)
You do run into these deals once a while esp on demo cars. The cars are likely to have clocked a few thousand KM's and will have signs of some wear and tear...not like fresh stock
Old 4th March 2013, 22:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
You do run into these deals once a while esp on demo cars. The cars are likely to have clocked a few thousand KM's and will have signs of some wear and tear...not like fresh stock
No, the company I work for is a lender to the makers & the sellers alike!
Old 8th July 2014, 21:13   #147
BHPian

Few years down the line i see the growing number of C segment buyers upgrading to D segment cars, so i guess this will be the next big segment to watch for in the coming years.
Vijayraj1890 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:06   #148
BHPian

Purchased a 98000kms done pre owned2009 Jetta Highline 1.9 with DSG,, paddle shifters,8 airbags,ABS-EBD,TCS,ESP,cruise control,pretensioners on all seat belts,climate control,heated external mirrors,auto dim IRVM,Leather seats with heated front seats,Electric lumbar support,rear AC vents,10 speaker 6cd/MP3 player with SD card support,built like a tank,fantastic handling and what not...All for 6.25L.

I guess i will have to shell out another one lac for suspension,timing belt,water pump and brake pads,but still at 7.25 i wont get all the above in any C segment car even if it can be picked up for the same price.Used/pre worshipped D segemnt is the way to go

Last edited by Sam.k : 22nd December 2015 at 16:28.
Sam.k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:07   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Purchased a 98000kms done pre owned2009 Jetta Highline 1.9 with DSG,, paddle shifters,8 airbags,ABS-EBD,TCS,ESP,cruise control,pretensioners on all seat belts,climate control,heated external mirrors,auto dim IRVM,Leather seats with heated front seats,Electric lumbar support,rear AC vents,10 speaker 6cd/MP3 player with SD card support,built like a tank,fantastic handling and what not...All for 6.25L.

I guess i will have to shell out another one lac for suspension,timing belt,water pump and brake pads,but still at 7.25 i wont get all the above in any C segment car even if it can be picked up for the same price.Used/pre worshipped D segemnt is the way to go
Congrats buddy!!! You are right that all those features would not be available in any C segment car. Having said that, I would never have the guts to buy a VW car which has done 98k kms though. Wish you many more trouble free miles with the car.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:45   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Purchased a 98000kms done pre owned2009 Jetta Highline 1.9 with DSG,,
Hi Sam.k

Congrats on your acquisition!

From what I gather, you have gotten hold of a PD engine Jetta with a DSG gearbox. Take care of her well through routine maintenance and she will keep going on and on!

I have been using the same engine+gearbox, albeit in a different car - the Skoda Laura, for the past 5 years. This is a fine combination and the PD engine, even though not as powerful/silent as the CRDI units, is more durable than it's common rail counterpart (the 2.0 TDI) - my car is now at 1,10,000 KM and it's still running like clockwork. My family regularly does Kochi-Bangalore runs with her and she performs these duties admirably.

Best Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks