Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 23:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"

Looks much better then DZire IMO and boot looks well integrated.
It would be interesting to see where Honda places it. If they place it above Jazz, I would any day prefer Jazz. I feel it would be too early to make assumptions
Old 27th October 2012, 00:14   #62
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2012 at 11:03.
harishpr is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th October 2012, 00:27   #63
BHPian

Looks good in my opinion. I feel the rear of the Dzire is also decent.

The major disadvantage of the swift and the Dzire is the space management.
The swift has about 204 ltrs of boot space and ok leg space for both front and rear passengers.
All this with an overall body length of 3810 mm. So there wasn't much room for maruti to increase either the boot space or the leg space in the Dzire.

On the other hand, Honda with its "man maximum machine minimum" design philosophy has managed to get similar or slightly lesser front and rear seat leg space and a 175 ltr boot with an overall length of just 3610 mm.

So, I would expect Honda to either provide a larger boot or better rear seat space in the brio compact sedan while still staying under 4 m length.

This was confirmed by Hormaz Sorabjee also in the scoop section of Autocar show on Bloomberg UTV couple of weeks back. He mentioned that Honda is increasing the wheel base of the compact sedan to create more space for the rear seat passengers. He specifically mentioned that the wheelbase of the hatch and the sedan versions of the brio would be different.

I wonder how Honda is going to price this. Can we expect 60-70 k premium over the corresponding hatch versions (sedan V-MT petrol @ 6 L ex showroom Delhi)? Am I being too optimistic?

I eagerly look forward to the Thailand launch of this car!
Old 27th October 2012, 01:01   #64
BHPian

great ! This a very good news. An all new 1.5L Diesel motor. Hoping it will be at-least on par with the DDis and Multijets, if not better.

If priced well, this is going to be a pretty good rival fro Dzire and Verito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
I wonder how Honda is going to price this. Can we expect 60-70 k premium over the corresponding hatch versions (sedan V-MT petrol @ 6 L ex showroom Delhi)? Am I being too optimistic?
6L for VMT is killer pricing bro. I'm expecting it to be on par with the Jazz. If its priced lower than Jazz, and India being a sedan favoring country, Jazz's sales will further go down. Lets wait and watch.
Old 27th October 2012, 01:36   #65
BHPian

rear looks good. the front though looks a bit like renault scala. it will definitely have an edge over the Dzire given the image honda commands in india. will be a big blow to maruti suzuki if and when this car comes in the market as Dzires sell like hot cakes at present and I assume there is a long waiting period for it too.
Old 27th October 2012, 14:12   #66
BHPian

The boot looks good! It should have atleast 350 litre space to be practical. As brio petrol base model starts from 4.15 lacs ex showrom, with the same engine I expect the sedan base model to be around Rs 4.65 lacs ex showroom and diesel to start from Rs 5.75 lacs. If Honda provides a good engine and this price it will blow the lights off Suzuki Dzire!
Old 27th October 2012, 15:13   #67
BHPian

From the teaser,it looks very well integrated with a boot IMHO and better than the Brio hatch.The best part of this is that,people looking for an entry level sedan with a fresh design will be delighted to get such an offering with a Honda badge.Also I am sure Honda will never go wrong with its pricing after all this model is going to be their top seller(personal opinion) with a diesel engine.
Old 27th October 2012, 19:58   #68
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
One big plus for Brio Sedan, a longer wheelbase, so more rear seat space.
+1 to that. I was disappointed when I sat in the rear seat of a Brio. While the front seats are very spacious, supportive and comfortable, it's the exact opposite for the rear seat. Also, it's quite difficult to get in and out of the rear seat when compared to its tall boy competitors whose rear seat ingress/egress is a breeze.

Apart from the obviously bigger boot (the only other area of weakness for the Brio), Honda should make the rear seat as comfortable and spacious as possible for the Brio sedan and provide height adjustable headrests and a foldable armrest at the rear. With the diesel engine's debut on the booted Brio, one can expect long waiting periods as long as Honda follow the same pricing policy for the hatch and the sedan.
Old 27th October 2012, 21:41   #69
BANNED

I think Honda should name this car as 'Metro'! Will be a fitting sibling to 'City'.
Old 27th October 2012, 23:09   #70
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th October 2012 at 11:04.
achyutaghosh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th October 2012, 09:47   #71
Team-BHP Support

Moderator's note: Posts discussing the Brio sedan in the Diesel Brio hatch thread have been moved to this thread.

Please continue all discussions relating to the upcoming sedan in this thread and diesel hatch related discussions to the below thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...highlight=brio

Thanks,

Team-BHP Support.
Old 28th October 2012, 13:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

Will the boot be made of glass,taking cue from Brio hatch?

Just kidding. The rear looks like more or less Dzire 2012
Old 28th October 2012, 16:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

Oh, no! Not another stick-on boot. What's with these guys? At this rate someday we may also see a Nano sedan. I would prefer a proper hatch over a cut-paste-job sedan.
Old 28th October 2012, 17:35   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar
Oh, no! Not another stick-on boot. What's with these guys? At this rate someday we may also see a Nano sedan. I would prefer a proper hatch over a cut-paste-job sedan.
Yes your right the nano might also soon come down with a boot!

The Maruti Dzire sold like hot cakes and so was the indigo at that point of time. A stick on boot seems to be highly profitable for these manufacturers.
Old 28th October 2012, 21:05   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
But why would Honda do this? If I needed a bigger boot, I'd go ahead and buy a Jazz instead. The to be Sedan has to be priced between the Brio and the Jazz. And there isn't too much space in there.
The Jazz sales numbers haven't really been anything to write home about. Honda also claims that at current prices, it isn't profitable either.

Methinks if the Brio sedan is introduced, the Jazz may be shunted out. As you correctly pointed out, positioning the Jazz, Brio sedan and Brio diesel will become tricky for Honda, otherwise.

Not sure if there is any room for a 2013 Jazz in the line-up either.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed