Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 17:16   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"

The birdie speaks.

- Amaze might have a delayed June 2013 launch in India. Localisation is attributed to be the problem. Test mules should be out by Jan/Feb 2013.

- The Brio facelift (with a diesel avatar) may be bumped to December 2013, or January 2014.

- Next-gen City should be here by April 2014.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 17:16   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
IMHO, without real-world usage review, we cannot decide whether this will be successful or not. Some facts:
3. Hondas are known to rattle (my Civic rattled like there is no tomorrow)
I respectfully disagree, my City is 6 months old now & for me, its been a rattle free ownership till now. One of my friends bought a brio in May 2012 & I drive it some times & there isn't even a single squeak that comes out. I may be biased towards Honda because I drive it or may be I am feeling its rattle free because I upgraded from an i20

But on a serious note, the City that I test drove before buying mine had 27k on the Odo & was rattle free too, so I guess the Civic you talking about is a faulty one.
Old 15th November 2012, 17:45   #183
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this particular rendition has been posted yet hence :-

From gaadi.com
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"-hondabriosedan.jpg  

Old 15th November 2012, 18:59   #184
MHG
BHPian

The rear seems inspired from the previous-gen 77 BHP Honda City. Wish they'd given the same treatment to the front end as well. The insect headlamps looks too horribly ugly, with all due respects to everyone who love its "cuteness".
Old 15th November 2012, 19:05   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo

From gaadi.com
Its just a photo shop. Honda might change the front little or at least like what maruti did to dzire grill

But this sedan looks more like previous gen city. As rightly pointed out

Also i here that Honda is going to launch this sedan with 1.2 petrol engine first and diesel will come towards end of the year only. Can some one throw more light on this?
Old 15th November 2012, 19:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Well what i meant was since the new city will arrive here only by 2014(??) the city's sales will fall drastically because of the diesel amaze. There is not much talk about the next gen city so i guess it will come much later, But if honda manages to launch a diesel city at the same time then it will be good.
Your thoughts are right on target regarding the next gen City. The min is 2014.
But the Amaze and City will be in two different segments and it is highly unlikely that the City getting affected by the Amaze. It would be rather the Dzire that is gonna take the hit.
Old 15th November 2012, 22:02   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrikantDora View Post
I respectfully disagree, my City is 6 months old now & for me, its been a rattle free ownership till now. One of my friends bought a brio in May 2012 & I drive it some times & there isn't even a single squeak that comes out. I may be biased towards Honda because I drive it or may be I am feeling its rattle free because I upgraded from an i20

But on a serious note, the City that I test drove before buying mine had 27k on the Odo & was rattle free too, so I guess the Civic you talking about is a faulty one.
Please don't get me wrong but I used my Civic for 10 years and that motor was just awesome. I'm also a Honda fan but it just rattled. Just google "honda civic rattle" and you will see what I'm talking about. Not only that, my (2001) AT also had a design flaw (you can google that also).

Now, I believe the disconnect is that you guys are comparing to Maruti and I'm comparing to others (say Toyota).

Between Honda and Toyota, I have always believed that Honda makes better motors and Toyota makes better built cars.

Just my 2 cents..
Old 15th November 2012, 22:04   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post

From gaadi.com
The front is way too "cute" for my taste. They better make this thing more "handsome".
Old 15th November 2012, 22:44   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The birdie speaks.

- Amaze might have a delayed June 2013 launch in India. Localisation is attributed to be the problem. Test mules should be out by Jan/Feb 2013.
June 2013 is the timeline for the petrol engine? When is the diesel engine amaze slated to be launched?
Old 15th November 2012, 23:03   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo

From gaadi.com
Gaadi folks got it wrong. Same with the Autocar guys too.

Take a look at the teaser video shared by Honda Thailand @

It clearly shows a new front grill which is more like the one on the CITY. Also from the teaser pic released by Honda earlier, it is very clear that the side profile has two separate lines, one from the front bumper till the rear door & another from the second door till the boot. You can view the pic @
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...o-sedan/14500/ (apologies as I am unable to find the link for it on honda's Thai website).

Hope the overall car looks good. Look forward to Nov 23 for the Thailand unveiling of the car.

Regards,
Abhi
Old 15th November 2012, 23:20   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal

Your thoughts are right on target regarding the next gen City. The min is 2014.
But the Amaze and City will be in two different segments and it is highly unlikely that the City getting affected by the Amaze. It would be rather the Dzire that is gonna take the hit.
I agree that the dzire which is going to be hit the most but just giving my scenario.
Honda has very good following here in India, look at the city's sales figures 2k odd cars are sold every month that too only petrol. Now i am guessing these sales come from the lower variants like the E & S variants since the top ones are way overpriced for petrols(somewhat True??) . Now if the diesel amaze is launched at slight premium than the dzire, the topend diesel is going to come close the price of the E & S variants of the city. The amaze will have lots of space like the city and may have better equipment than the city's lower models and will have a really powerful and fuel efficient engine( best in class??) so why would the am janta go for the lower models of the petrol city?? Only reason i can think is :
1. Awesome engine.
2. Looks
3. Prestige of owning a honda city

The sales may not be hit drastically but they will definitely be hit hard. These are my personal views which may not be correct

Sent from my Razr

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 15th November 2012 at 23:24.
Old 16th November 2012, 07:40   #192
Senior - BHPian

It all depends 'when' it is launched. Does the June 2013 tentative launch date pertain to it launching with both the petrol and diesel variants or will we see petrol in June and dies later?
Old 16th November 2012, 12:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

As per an article in ToI (link - http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML) Honda have targeted Rs.7 Lacs as the price for the diesel Amaze (against Dzire's Rs.5.99 Lacs), that will be launched in late 2013.

Although they will try best to localize components cost to keep the price down, it is still on the higher side IMO. Lets hope better sense prevails, & they do not do the Jazz again.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:45   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
As per an article in ToI (link - http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML) Honda have targeted Rs.7 Lacs as the price for the diesel Amaze (against Dzire's Rs.5.99 Lacs), that will be launched in late 2013.

Although they will try best to localize components cost to keep the price down, it is still on the higher side IMO. Lets hope better sense prevails, & they do not do the Jazz again.
Who cares! The Honda can have another 'Jazz' at hand. But I don't think they will dare to do that again. This segment is too important for them to goof up. They can no longer rely on just one product, Honda City. I'm sure they will price it around Dzire.

No one seems to be talking of Brio Amaze petrol! It's a wonderfully refined engine with good mileage to boot. I'm sure with good pricing it has lot of potential as well.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:27   #195
Senior - BHPian

Contrary to the renderings floating on the web, the teaser video shows some different and interesting aspects of the Brio Amaze.

Name:  bumper.png
Views: 2314
Size:  129.0 KB
The front bumper seems to be the same as the one on the hatch, just look at the highlighted part in the picture - same large air dam as in the hatch!

Name:  grill.png
Views: 2806
Size:  199.1 KB
Nor is the grill's exterior design changing, the same small and narrow design as in the hatch, save for the double slated chrome bar on the inside (a.k.a. the previous gen Swift Dzire)

Name:  Taillamp.png
Views: 2821
Size:  158.7 KB
Tail lamps looks very similar to the pre-facelift Honda City. The line from the side carrying onto the tail lamps is very similar to the City too.

Name:  parcel tray.png
Views: 3924
Size:  196.7 KB
This angle shows that the rear speakers have been moved to the parcel tray from the rear doors - welcome change from the Hatch and the City.
Thick chrome bar on the boot lid accentuates the 'Dezire' feel of the Amaze, Honda could have avoided this!

Name:  Sidelines.png
Views: 2190
Size:  175.8 KB
Name:  Amaze.png
Views: 2673
Size:  77.0 KB
The two - disjointed lines in the side makes for an interestingly unique side profile of the Amaze, but more interestingly, most of the renderings available today, seem to be missing this design touch

Name:  Speedo.png
Views: 3723
Size:  143.3 KB
Speedo is the same as in the hatch too (with 180 kmph of max read-out!) This might be very disappointing, as this could mean that the top speed is electronically limited to 140 kmph for the Amaze sedan aswell! Sigh !

Last edited by aravind.anand : 16th November 2012 at 15:37.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed