Team-BHP - Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/122528-honda-brio-sedan-launched-2013-edit-called-amaze.html)

Mod Note : GTO's comprehensive Honda Amaze Review is located at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

This thread is closed.

Honda Motors planning to launch the sedan variant of its Brio hatchbak in India by 2013. This is to be priced lower than the city and will target first time buyers. They are also planning to launch an MPV based on the Brio platform.

More info here.

Sedan variant of Brio hatchback to be launched in 2013 | CarTrade.com

That slant on the bood will JUST not work.
I feel we may have another Indigo on our hands soon.
Plus, wont a boot take away the talking point of the brio, the rear glass?

Hmm doesnt look too bad in this PS render posted on IndianCarsBikes

Given the rear profile of the Brio, I have serious reservations about how the sedan version will shape up cosmetically.

If Honda does proceed with this, good move! An entry-level Honda sedan will be enticing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya101 (Post 2820803)
Hmm doesnt look too bad in this PS render posted on IndianCarsBikes

Wel well well...I had some apprehensions about how the boot job would look like especially after seeing some really weird and disproportionate ones on the Indian roads, but this one looks quite good atleast from this angle. Do post if you have pics of the rear end. I am expecting Honda to do a Octavia kind of rear where boot lid is mostly glass. It was quite a looker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aditya101 (Post 2820803)

This looks out of sync. Reminds me of Toyota 'out of sync' Echo. I still find Echo quite ugly and Brio wouldn't be better.

@F50, its no beauty queen but I think it still ends up looking better than the Dzire or the gawky Brio hatch itself.

If they can keep in under 4 meters in length, then we have a winner. Great going Honda.:thumbs up

Honda will have a winning horse in its stable if they bring out this Sedan plonked with the Diesel engine in the Brio, which at least 2 other threads are talking about. Brio and its supposedly elder brother might (just might!) be turn-tables for Honda and Maruthi (ofcourse, Maruthi being on the loosing end)

They are spoiling a very good car. I think the Brio looks sensational. And people say it looks too different and quirky, but I think that is better than looking completely dull. But the sedan just looks bad because the boot almost looks stuck on like it used to in the earlier swift dzire.

But the hatch does't sell, will this?

Another Hatch + Boot combination, But still Brio ( hatch ) scores very low on interior space. I managed to get a ride once, the only thing which was coming to my mind was- When the ride will end. I was NOT at all comfortable sitting in the back seat.

I doubt if they'll be able to increase the wheel base as well.

But still, no matter they add a boot to the Brio or plan to make a van style MUV based on Brio, They won't get success until and unless they plonk in a diesel engine in it. With the fuel prices heading north, There are very few buyers, who are opting for a petrol car.

The PS pic looks completely out of place, U-G-L-Y is the word for it. Honda needs to work hard on design front, so that brio-sedan doesn't look out of place.
BTW I remember reading somewhere, Honda is planning a Van style based MUV on brio as well :Shockked:

Cheers,
Sameer

But why would Honda do this? If I needed a bigger boot, I'd go ahead and buy a Jazz instead. The to be Sedan has to be priced between the Brio and the Jazz. And there isn't too much space in there.

They should bring on CVT on the Brio. There is a clear lack of options in the Automatics in this segment!

Looks like this is a dumping ground or maybe even a tesing ground for ugly vehicles.I brio sedan,even if its priced well i wouldn't buy it.Yeah yeah its a honda..a honda diesel,who cares.I aint driving a car that has a front of a small car and the back slapped on like some half hearted job.I hate these new hybrid sedans that emerge from small cars.I know they are practical and excellent value for money.But dont let these car manufactures fool you.
A brio Sedan will look downright ugly.Only if honda does some major mods like increase the bonnet height and merge the rear with the front by added flanks on the sides..then maybe it will do justice.
Lets see another ugly duckling in the making.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman7 (Post 2821139)
But why would Honda do this? If I needed a bigger boot, I'd go ahead and buy a Jazz instead. The to be Sedan has to be priced between the Brio and the Jazz. And there isn't too much space in there.

IMHO this is a good move from Honda. But the key is to bring the car to the market as soon as possible preferably by end of the year or early 2013.

To answer your question, I believe, with a diesel engine plonked, they are trying to compete with the compact sedans segment, viz., Indigo, Dzire, Etios, etc. I believe there is still lot of room in this segment and playing the cards well, they have a winner on hands.

Yes, pricing is the key. They have to price it sensibly between Brio hatch diesel, Jazz and the City.

Given our fixation or should I say obsession with saloons, I am not surprised. I am waiting for the Brio AT to be announced to take the plunge (August / September / October) depending on whom you believe. I need to change my Santro AT soon.