Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:48   #61
BHPian

Re: June 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180 View Post
However, i10 which is again a petrol only hatch still selling 6000 units and at the same time a similarly competitive hatch Brio fetching only 600?
Exactly my thoughts. I think there is some serious issues with Honda's manufacturing strategies in India. This surely does not have anything to do with the RS 7.50 hike.
Old 4th July 2012, 08:12   #62
BHPian

Is this the first time Ever, Beat's Sales has been higher than its american brother-from-another-mother 'FIGO'? Is the Beat a success story after its abysmal start? To me it looks like the case.

In such a terrible economic environment holding out its annual average volume seems quite a surprise to me.

I am also unhappy with Figo Volumes Going down almost every month, any particular reasons?

Last edited by anu21v : 4th July 2012 at 08:16.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 08:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

• ........ The waiting periods for the Swift & Dzire are nearly wiped out in many parts of the country ......
I am looking for Dzire VDi. Just yesterday I went to showrooms in New Bombay. The waiting periods are 2.5-3 months. This was at Automotive Nerul. Atleast according to the salesman, there is no reduction in waiting period. I will be checking with Sai Service, Lower Parel today. We have been buying all our Maruti cars from them.

In which regions have the waiting preiods reduced? Can anyone suggest of outlets around Mumbai where the waiting periods are lower?
Old 4th July 2012, 09:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I think there is some serious issues with Honda's manufacturing strategies in India. This surely does not have anything to do with the RS 7.50 hike.
well its not really fair comparing a i10 with Brio. The pricing for Brio is more than the i10 and not to mention,the design of the Brio is a hit and miss compared to the i10 . Add to it, the negative of having just petrol cars just keeps most people away from a visit to the showrooms. Until Honda brings in a few diesel models, the sentiment is unlikely to improve plus Honda needs to shed its "premium quality" tag. It clearly isnt working in India even though they do try to maintain high quality.
Old 4th July 2012, 10:00   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The waiting periods for the Swift & Dzire are nearly wiped out in many parts of the country
My father will be taking delivery of one of those 5927 Ritz's sold last month. He had a ~2 weeks waiting period for VDi+ABS variant. While he had gone for PDI yesterday, the sales person mentioned that he is lucky to have got delivery of his car soon. According to him, Maruti is facing issues with the suppliers for ABS and airbag systems in their cars and hence the waiting period of higher-end models of all their cars will be going up. So much so, that Maruti has instructed the dealers to stop taking bookings of higher-end modles, unless the customers are willing to wait for long/unspecified periods.

Last edited by StarrySky : 4th July 2012 at 10:03.
Old 4th July 2012, 10:58   #66
BHPian

Recently called up Megacabs to book a taxi for airport drop. The automated response started with the announcement that megacabs have started service in Bangalore with a new fleet of Etios.
Guess no one would now like to buy an Etios if it is thus touted as the next taxi favourite!!!
Does this count as negative publicity?
Old 4th July 2012, 11:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
My father will be taking delivery of one of those 5927 Ritz's sold last month. He had a ~2 weeks waiting period for VDi+ABS variant. While he had gone for PDI yesterday, the sales person mentioned that he is lucky to have got delivery of his car soon. According to him, Maruti is facing issues with the suppliers for ABS and airbag systems in their cars and hence the waiting period of higher-end models of all their cars will be going up. So much so, that Maruti has instructed the dealers to stop taking bookings of higher-end modles, unless the customers are willing to wait for long/unspecified periods.
This problem must have been running for a long time..when I bought my Ritzin March, the sales person was not pushing for the ABS version, although his argument was that a longer wait might delay the billing process post budget when prices would rise.
Now i understand this was the root cause which till now maruti has been trying to cover up.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: June 2012 : US Car sales comparison

Just read that in U.S, owing to lower gas prices and new models, the sales increased by 22%.
Toyota and Honda had increases of 60 and 48% in June over last year. Big car sales have increased due to lower gas prices.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 11:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Guess no one would now like to buy an Etios if it is thus touted as the next taxi favourite!!!Does this count as negative publicity?
I heard the Etios are sold at a discount to the mega taxi operators. Does it mean there is not enough demand from general public?
Old 4th July 2012, 11:10   #70
Senior - BHPian

Excellent report as always!

IIRC,Honda Brio and Jazz were in the top gainers last month ? This month the sales have taken a HUGE hit. Is it because of the petrol hike or there are other reasons too ?

Honda needs to get the Diesel Brio and fast, i'm sure Brio hasn't had as much success as Honda would've liked.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:14   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I heard the Etios are sold at a discount to the mega taxi operators. Does it mean there is not enough demand from general public?
Fleet sales are always at a discount. It's essentially bulk buying.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 11:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
All taxi's in Bangkok are usually Toyota Corolla Altis, maybe they have some similar strategy in Bangkok which they are trying to replicate in India?
Old 4th July 2012, 11:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
M&M's fierce strategies & products vs, Tata's lacklustre attitude?

You are some distance away from the truth. TML is as fiercely competitive as any company, whether in the auto industry or in the FMCG industry or electronics industry.
That's okay, what I posted was my view which is based on my experiences. Which is the truth here, we cant judge.

Quote:
I have iterated it many times in this forum that M&M is in a very sweet spot of the market - UV& MUV & SUV. There is just no international competition in all the segments that it is plying right now and this will remain for sometime.
We cant say M&M has no competition, except the Bolero.

The competition to Scorpio is the desirable Innova. And if the decade old Scorpio still manages to do around 4k units a month, it is good.

And it is a known fact that XUV has challenged even the D segment sedans which are made by the well known international brands. That segment was "dead" before the XUV was launched. The Aria could not manage to shake it.

Quote:
While TML for whatever the reason concentrated its energies on the passenger car segment. Where it is fighting with the world's best for market share. Consequently,it will be battered more.
I dont see that happening. Vista's and Manza's sales are nose diving.

Quote:
And mind you I won't get into subjective issues like customer care to compare the improvements made by the two firms, but on objective parameters like products, quality etc, both are as good or as bad. Given the market realities, it is highly unfair to term one as fierce in its approach & the other lackadaisical.
I brought customer care into picture as that is one of the most vital aspects when a person goes out to buy a car. Bad customer service = poor sales.

Coming to the products -

You can compare the sales figures of Bolero and Sumo, Xylo and Grande, Scorpio and Safari and finally XUV and Aria. M&M knows what this market wants... much better than TATA at this point of time.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 11:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Excellent report as always!

IIRC,Honda Brio and Jazz were in the top gainers last month ? This month the sales have taken a HUGE hit. Is it because of the petrol hike or there are other reasons too ?

Honda needs to get the Diesel Brio and fast, i'm sure Brio hasn't had as much success as Honda would've liked.
This is because, as mentioned before, Dealers are stuffed to the brim with inventories which arent selling. So they have stopped supplying them with more new ones. I can personally attest to this as i noticed around 40-50 brand new Honda Brio and Jazz of varying colors and models lying around in Magnum Honda. How times have changed for Honda and their so called premium tagged vehicles
Old 4th July 2012, 11:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
That's okay, what I posted was my view which is based on my experiences. Which is the truth here, we cant judge.
Quite clearly there is no point arguing with you.

There is a distinction between failing and not trying. Your original post to which I commented to, hinted that Tata was not trying, and I just reacted to that, saying your assertion is totally wrong.

Failing in the market is one thing, and 'lacklustre attitude' is another. Even if a product fails doesn't mean the company is having 'lacklustre attitude'.

So the same Mahindra has a flop Verito, 'almost' insipid Mahindra-Navistar partnership, does that mean they are not aggressive in these segments? No!
rrsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks