Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 12:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: June 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

When you consider retails ,last month Nissan has overtaken VW by almost 50 nos.Can any one throw light on the city sales figures?
ram
Old 6th July 2012, 14:48   #92
BHPian

Can anyone get figures for Merc, BMW, Audi, Jag etc. Would be interesting to see how they fared in this difficult market scenario.
Old 6th July 2012, 15:53   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Can anyone get figures for Merc, BMW, Audi, Jag etc. Would be interesting to see how they fared in this difficult market scenario.
I too was looking for these figures but it seems they have stopped providing their figures for the past few months. At least their numbers have been missing from the TBHP sales analysis. I did come across this article for Audi's sales in June Audi sales up 76 pc in June - The Economic Times. Would this 718 number for the month of June also include the 500 Q3 that were booked within 5 days? Not sure. But 718 is indeed impressive and I suspect they might have overtaken BMW in June after eclipsing Merc before that. Yes I love the Audis over the Beemers and the Mercs .
Old 6th July 2012, 18:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
I too was looking for these figures but it seems they have stopped providing their figures for the past few months. At least their numbers have been missing from the TBHP sales analysis. I did come across this article for Audi's sales in June Audi sales up 76 pc in June - The Economic Times. Would this 718 number for the month of June also include the 500 Q3 that were booked within 5 days? Not sure. But 718 is indeed impressive and I suspect they might have overtaken BMW in June after eclipsing Merc before that. Yes I love the Audis over the Beemers and the Mercs .
A lot of it must be the stock clearing of old A4s before the new one was introduced. Some friends of mine bought it for as low as 26 lacs on road mumbai. I was keen to know how the A6 is performing. Hardly see any on the road in Mumbai.
While Audi is known for great cars, their service/dealer in mumbai is really pathetic.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:30   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
A lot of it must be the stock clearing of old A4s before the new one was introduced. Some friends of mine bought it for as low as 26 lacs on road mumbai. I was keen to know how the A6 is performing. Hardly see any on the road in Mumbai.
While Audi is known for great cars, their service/dealer in mumbai is really pathetic.
My hunch was correct about Audi overtaking BMW last month Audi set to displace BMW as top most in Indian luxury car market? - The Economic Times. I am not sure if a majority of those sales were the Q3s. Do bookings count as sales? Maybe not as per the classic definition. I wonder what happens when Q3 enters the fray full force past its limited bookings phase. Audi might eclipse BMW even earlier by 2013. I also read somewhere that the BMW country head has been called back to headquarters which is generally considered as a sign of loss of faith.

Last edited by samarjitdhar : 10th July 2012 at 16:32.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:33   #96

The graphs shown above are not surprising me so much as these are the almost same as with my rough chart, But here i got the exact information about increasing and decreasing ratio of car sales per month for every Company.
Old 18th July 2012, 15:29   #97
BHPian

Tata loses third spot to M&M

M&M pips Tata Motors to 3rd slot in the passenger vehicle market - The Economic Times

Tata Motors is sure in trouble. How long can the Indica/Indigo, Vista/Manza range keep them going? They need something new... and fast.
The Aria was too ambitiously positioned and has flopped. At the other end of the spectrum, the Nano, which was expected to revolutionize the market, has also been a disappointment.
The Sumo range is loosing steam and the Safari is a marginal player at best.
Where do they go from here?
Old 18th July 2012, 16:10   #98
BHPian

Re: Tata loses third spot to M&M

Thanks to the XUV 500 , M&M has been able to tip off Tata. Not to forget, Tata's forgetable After sales and poor engine performance.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:36   #99
Senior - BHPian

Tata made all classes of cars and except the Indica, I dont see any other cars doing very well. M&M made limited models but ensured that whatever they made was good enough to rock the sales charts.

BUT - India is a market of small cars. The top 2 manufacturers - Maruti and Hyundai has 9 and 4 different models of small cars respectively. M&M has none. With the mini Xylo, M&M hopes to have a share of the small car market too, but they do need to design a small car to compete with the top 2 manufacturers.

That said, I personally feel UVs are M&M's strength and they should concentrate on that.
Old 18th July 2012, 19:55   #100
BANNED

The 'TAXI' image that TATA has got with the Indica/Indigo is not good for the reputation of the company and which could not help in gaining numbers on the sales chart, non-Taxi sales are a few because of the Safari and the Vista. Indigo CS also is equal in both taxi and non-taxi market.

When compared with M&M whose got the Scorpio and Bolero that sell in good and consistent numbers without much compliant in the after sales is what is needed. Never owned any cars from either of the companies but if given a chance I would definitively buy a Scorpio.

When I was on the search for a replacement for my WagonR, I had my eyes set on either a Swift/Ritz VDi or a Fiat Punto 90HP. Backed of the Punto because the attitude the service people at TASS had didn't motivate me to buy one. One mechanic had told "Saaar, TATA is not able to service its own cars properly what it will service the Fiat's". Was surprised to hear this from a worker there.
Old 18th July 2012, 20:11   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
M&M pips Tata Motors to 3rd slot in the passenger vehicle market - The Economic Times

Tata Motors is sure in trouble. How long can the Indica/Indigo, Vista/Manza range keep them going? They need something new... and fast.
The Aria was too ambitiously positioned and has flopped. At the other end of the spectrum, the Nano, which was expected to revolutionize the market, has also been a disappointment.
The Sumo range is loosing steam and the Safari is a marginal player at best.
Where do they go from here?
M&M has been doing really great with their product strategy so not at all suprised with this jump. I also heard that they are coming up with a new SUV and the design is being jointly done with Ssangyong. Is that true?
Old 18th July 2012, 20:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

One more thread for Tata bashing.
Isn't it amazing on M&M part that they have cars priced from 5 Lac onwards and they managed to beat Tata Motors which have most of their cars priced 1.25 Lac, 2.5 Lac and 3.5 Lac onwards.
Tata is good (or even excellent) in making nice Ads, designs, beautiful looking cars, Alloy wheels, etc. but when it comes to A.S.S. they are more than pathetic. On top of it their dealer attitude and brand image, lesser is said the better.
If I were the owner of Tata Motors, I would sell the Indian car division and enjoy the success of JLR worldwide. Its not worth try to sell Nano to Indian customer and still get bashed for the effort.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:29   #103
Senior - BHPian

H Sorabjee just tweeted that duster has got 9000 bookings, has a one month waiting period & XUV is available off the shelf now.
It would be interesting to see if M&M can maintain its position with the coming onslaught of global majors.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:59   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
H Sorabjee just tweeted that duster has got 9000 bookings, has a one month waiting period & XUV is available off the shelf now.
It would be interesting to see if M&M can maintain its position with the coming onslaught of global majors.
Ta ta or Bye bye to Bombay Club.
Welcome to hard core professionals, (wish this in every field).

Please correct if I am wrong, was XUV possible for Mahindra without its S Korean subsidiary ?
Old 18th July 2012, 23:22   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Things are just about heating up right now. Once the Ecosport is launched in first quarter next year,with all that 80% localization that they're to achieve and with the competitive pricing which follows, its going to be one amazing battle for sure.

With bated breath,I sure do look forward to the way it's going to unfold.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks