Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 09:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DNA News Article on Indian Car Forums (including Team-BHP)

First heard of TeamBHP in my then monthly fix of ACI in 2004-05, didn't care much,also didn't have net connection.
Then came across it when i wanted to search for a Contessa. Since then hookedand unlike many other's got into membership the first attempt.
It's not only just car reviews,everything under the sun is discussed and also more and more interesting discussions are put up every day.
the kudos have to go to the moderators who have worked to keep the forum clean and readable unlike other forums(which i seldom visit) which seems to have embraced SMS slang and bad mouthing.
Let it get into much higher heights... Jai TeamBHP!!!!
Old 5th July 2012, 13:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic to see TBHP getting recognised and the word about this forum spreading - its indeed a matter of great satisfaction to be a part of this wonderful forum where anything and everything about automobiles can be discussed and a new perspective is just around the corner .

Reviews and that too unbiased online reviews are gaining in stature with each passing day [ an example - BMW Courts Bloggers for $110 Million Online Boost: Cars- Bloomberg ] and I can only see TBHP brand growing in strength in popularity and stature at every stage . Lets keep up the good work .
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 16:11   #18
BHPian

I am a veteran here :-) Joined the forum in 2005 and have witnessed the improvements over the years. There is not a single day without visiting this informative forum, even when I am not looking to purchase an automotive! There is so much of information to consume and learn.

I have seen new forum members joining every year, usually when they are about to buy new car, contributing a lot to the forum in excitement and fading away with time. But the consistent contribution from moderators to maintain the quality and discipline is outstanding, which makes it one of the best online forums. By the way, I don't know any other online forum as good as and as addictive as TEAM-BHP!

Congratulations to all the moderators and active members to make this happen! And I am sure we will witness lot more improvements to make this forum much more exciting and informative.

-Selective
Selective is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 17:44   #19
BHPian

The only car related forum I am associated with is TBHP. While other forums may have quality content, none of them are as organized as ours. There is ZERO junk in team-bhp and the mods have kept it that way for years together, despite having a day job to do for their living. RESPECT GUYS! RESPECT!

Even the shifting gears section is so useful, the doctors thread or the loan thread or 'how to post in proper english' thread (! )for example.

I was a total dud on automobiles when I joined T-BHP 3 years ago and I have personally learnt immensely with this encyclopedia!

We have got experts in every area within automobiles. And you get all the consulting for free!

Last edited by veyron_head : 5th July 2012 at 17:48.
veyron_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 18:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

This may be stating the obvious, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

I was browsing (as a visitor) another esteemed forum looking for information or ownership threads of the new Pulsar, as someone in our Pulsar thread mentioned that there are reviews on this other site. What I found there was literally pages and pages of completely useless posts, and just a few photos with the OP promising to update the thread "soon" with a proper review.

My point is that it really only struck me then how important and valuable the mods harshness on irrelevant one-liners is, and the assembly line where a proper review can (and must!) be composed prior to making the thread public. Perhaps this commitment to quality is what really sets us apart.

Forgive me for being so bold as to presumptuously say "us" when I haven't contributed much in creating or maintaining this forum, but it does feel like a community. Mods please feel free to delete and give me an infraction if this post irrelevant.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 22:11   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
My point is that it really only struck me then how important and valuable the mods harshness on irrelevant one-liners is, and the assembly line where a proper review can (and must!) be composed prior to making the thread public. Perhaps this commitment to quality is what really sets us apart.
I fully agree. Having been a Sys Op + Moderator myself back in the old days + a member of automotive and non automotive internet fora, I really appreciate the steadfast adherence to quality that TBHP strives for and dare I say achieves. The difference in the quality of posts on TBHP and other sites is very, very noticeable and stands out in stark contrast to others. Some sites have threads that a pain to read, making me wonder what the Mods there are doing.

Kudos to GTO and all the Mods. And not to forget TBHPians

Last edited by R2D2 : 5th July 2012 at 22:13.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 14:27   #22
BHPian

Great to see Team-BHP gaining recognization through the media. Congrats Mods! Thank you for creating this forum in the first place
Old 12th July 2012, 16:49   #23
BHPian

Congratulations Team-BHP, I am proud to be a member. Not only do we provide valuable information about cars and related matters but we also encourage members and visitors to behave responsibly when it comes to road etiquette and safety.
Old 12th July 2012, 21:13   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

A great piece of news for us all teambhpians. Congratulations to Rushabh.
Teambhp has several thousand members (72,000 plus). Among them are automobile lovers, owners and aficionados and others too!
Each road test and review or any other automobile related topic put up here on a thread by a member is discussed threadbare by several other members, who give their diverse opinions. All the pros and cons about any topic are discussed available in the threads from which the viewer can draw his or own inferences.
The swarms of posts give hundreds of opinions.
So at the end of the day which information is more reliable? The one where the reviewer or the person conducting the test drive records his or her own singular opinion and it is for the reader (print media) or viewer (other media like TV) to appreciate what all he or she has to say ?
Or else, the test drive or review or any other topic (teambhp) is put up on a thread and discussed with hundreds of opinions from several members. All these are available on the thread and the viewer can draw his or her own conclusions objectively.
Its certain that we are here to stay and flourish!!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th July 2012 at 21:14.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 21:42   #25
BHPian

Great to know and feel so proud to be associated with this forum. I don't remember a single problem of which there was no solution on this forum.

Moderators may have a lot of work to do in coming days probably because lot more people may try to get in who never knew about tbhp and got to know from this article in DNA

Cheers to that!!!
Old 16th July 2012, 10:51   #26
BHPian

Proud to be a member of this forum. Congrats T-BHP. Hope TBHP goes from strength to strength.
Personally what I think and appreciate which is not in the other forums I saw before I became member is the honest reviews , high quality of content and very useful point of view of members who may not be car experts but share their expertise with fellow members benefitting all. It might be something as major as a car review for all ranges of new launches to something as small as a DIY experience.
This calls for a special mention of the wonderful amazing mod team who maintain such high quality of posts. Cheers...!! Hope more media notices this website and the website shines out as a very unique website.
Old 16th July 2012, 11:23   #27
BHPian

Well i think the biggest upside of being recognized for quality contribution and a solid informational source, is that a lot of people who are in the business aspect of motoring begin to respect you when they know you're aware and a part of such influential and objective forums. That's when they know that they can't get away by bluffing you, to put it mildly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks