Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 11:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
h@r$h@l, did you succeed in registering yourself on the Hyundai site?

I got kicked out couple of times even though I was entering the correct info. To be on the safer side, I even tried confirming and re-entering the info from all the separate documents where the chassis number was mentioned. Still no luck.

As everyone else pointed out, it could be something related to their system up-gradation or they might have not back-filled the entire data onto the new system.

r-six
Hey,

Still no luck for me. I spoke to the dealer and he said try after 1 week as my car was delivered only last sunday and would probably take a week or so for the system to have the VIN number details updated on their system.

Will try now after a couple of days only.

Regards,
Old 5th July 2012, 11:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hey,

Still no luck for me. I spoke to the dealer and he said try after 1 week as my car was delivered only last sunday and would probably take a week or so for the system to have the VIN number details updated on their system.

Will try now after a couple of days only.

Regards,
Fair enough, at least in your case. The reasoning they gave you seems to be fair! Given that your car was delivered just a week ago, it is quite possible that the VIN number is not updated in their system.

Mine was delivered an year ago. So not sure what would be their excuse when I will ping them about it.

It looks like a couple of other folks are encountering the problem too. But yea, will try later and keep you all posted.

r-six
Old 5th July 2012, 12:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
For people who are getting VIN error while registering, please ensure you are using the full 17 digit VIN. For example: MALCU**ULCM0****9
Attachment 951397
All people who are facing registration issues, hope you all are entering the VIN in the above format.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:45   #34
BHPian

Mind blowing stuff. High time for all dealers to catch up and bring this transparent system! Kudos to Hyundai for innovative thinking!
Old 5th July 2012, 12:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Good initiative by Hyundai! I hope others like VW/Skoda/Maruti etc. follow suit. My cousin owns an i20, will tell him to register his car and share his experience with us.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
All people who are facing registration issues, hope you all are entering the VIN in the above format.
I have entered all the details correctly but still throwing up the same error Name on Registration certificate, VIN number and owner type do not match for vehicle1 or vehicle has been registered using same details.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The website claims to get the car serviced within 2 hrs, is this an achievable target or just tall claims? Also are the dealers trained to provide the services claimed by the website. This i guess remains to be seen.
Well, I once got the free service for my i20 done in a shade over 2 hours at Lakshmi Hyundai, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. So, its not a simple claim. Ofcourse, its always better to take a prior appointment tat too early in the morning. You have less rush and the service guys are all fresh and quite eager to work on your car.
racer_ash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 15:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwas View Post
I had the same problem initially. The Form converts everything to uppercase and displays them as capital letters regardless of what you enter. The same seems to be happening for the VIN/chassis number. The second time I entered all characters in the VIN as capital letters and the site accepted my input. So for example try entering MNOPQ89UVWX123456 instead of Mnopq89uvwx123456
I got the "Registration name, VIN and owner type do not match" error message and followed the above technique for entering the registration name and it worked.
Old 5th July 2012, 15:42   #39
BANNED

Very good initiative

Please note that the date has to entered in MM/DD/YYYY format. Use ALL CAPS while entering the VIN.

Here is my car's service history page screen shot. Service history wont give you details of repairs done in your car also running repairs carried out at the Hyundai A.S.S are not visible in the service history.
Attached Thumbnails
Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-hyundai.jpg  

wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 17:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Did anyone try to register their vehicle? I tried and all the times it kept giving me "Enter valid VIN Number" Error. I tried atleast 3-4 times and same error.
This is a brilliant concept. Its very transparent. Hats off to hyundai.
Only thing, even i got the "enter a valid vin number" error. I punched in the 17 digit code a couple of times but the same error kept popping up.
Has anyone figured out why this is happening? some glitch in the system?
My santro is 8 years old, we are the first owners. Could it be that cars this old don't show up on the system?Just a hunch, I don't see why because we've spent 'alot' on its services over the years.In fact, even got a major expensive ac related replacement due in the next few days
Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 18:27   #41
BHPian

Well I have tried out all options mentioned in the above posts entered the VIN number in caps and also registration number in caps.But nothing seems to be working it keeps repeating the same error.Name of Registration Certificate VIN number and owner type do not match or vehicle already registered.As suggested my Promit could they have uploaded details of vehicles purchased during past 2-3 years.Mine is a 5 year old Santro 2007 model.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:11   #42
BHPian

I tried registering several time but always ended up with this. Anyone else facing the same problem

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-site-down.jpg
Old 5th July 2012, 22:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Very good initiative by Hyundai. Another feather in the hat.
Personally I am never a fan of Hyundai cars but the amount of dedication, quality measures, progress, fighting spirit they showed is just amazing.

Some features they can add is:

1. End to end service booking. Right from car pick up to drop.
2. Online payment of service cost.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
Well I have tried out all options mentioned in the above posts entered the VIN number in caps and also registration number in caps.But nothing seems to be working it keeps repeating the same error.Name of Registration Certificate VIN number and owner type do not match or vehicle already registered.As suggested my Promit could they have uploaded details of vehicles purchased during past 2-3 years.Mine is a 5 year old Santro 2007 model.
I'm facing the same error too. Bought my i10 back in Nov 2011 and tried registering many times yesterday but no luck. Tried with various combinations in Name on Registration Certificate field but was of no use. Will try again and see.
Old 6th July 2012, 01:18   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka46 View Post
I'm facing the same error too. Bought my i10 back in Nov 2011 and tried registering many times yesterday but no luck. Tried with various combinations in Name on Registration Certificate field but was of no use. Will try again and see.
I kept trying in the evening but to no avail it kept repeating the previous now proceeding to next page and reporting error syntax as reported in above post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks