Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 15:40   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners

An idea whose time has come, really . Two words : Convenience & Transparency! Hyundai launches an Online Service Website for owners of its cars.

Link to Hyundai Service Website

So, what can you do on this website?

• Online service booking : Book & schedule your service visits at Hyundai service stations anywhere in India.

• Service Calculator : Calculate the cost of servicing, based on a periodic schedule and fixed service menu. Prices shown are city-specific and part MRPs are considered for cost calculations.

• Price Information : You can view the applicable labor charges for your city as well.

• Service Reminders : Enable reminders based on the Hyundai service schedule. You can also activate reminders for specific dates of your preference.

• Service History : View the entire service history of your car. Details include the date of service, mileage, dealership name, type of service & bill amount.

• Owner’s Manual : Available for download.

• Service Station Locator : Dealers and their addresses can be mapped with the help of a navigation tool.

• Warranty : Information about the vehicle, parts & emission warranty, along with the benefits, price & details of extended warranty packages.

• Insurance Calculators : Calculate the cost of insurance. The calculator has provisions for NCB, electrical accessories & bi-fuel cars too.

• Be notified of promotions, service camps & events that Hyundai runs from time to time in your city.

• Maintenance tips & DIY : Advice on replacing tyres, fuses, bulbs etc. on your own.

• Tips on safer driving practices.

@ Hyundai Owners : Please use the service and give us feedback. It would be great if you include screengrabs of the service history & cost pages. Tell us what you like & dislike.

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-hyundai-website2.jpg

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-hyundai-website.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2012 at 18:00. Reason: Typos
GTO is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners

Great idea! Would be even better if customers could track the work progress on their cars in case of accident repairs or waiting for parts etc, so that the customer would know if the dealer has ordered the parts or not.

EDIT: It would also be great if potential customers looking to purchase a pre-owned Hyundai could enter the VIN number and get the complete service history.

Last edited by StarrySky : 4th July 2012 at 16:08.
StarrySky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

I just registered on this site for my i10. Very good initiative. I hope other manufacturers like Maruti/Honda should come up with something like this (even better).

It has the details of the free service I had in feb. Other info include labour charges, engine oil information etc, pdf owner manual for the model you own, service cost calculator, online booking etc. In short it is very good.

Just want them to include tracking of accidental repairs also.

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-untitled.jpg

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-untitled1.jpg

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-untitled2.jpg

Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners-labour_rate_type_1_cities.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th July 2012 at 16:15.
bluevolt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good idea. Helps keeping track of a lot of things.

Did anyone try to register their vehicle? I tried and all the times it kept giving me "Enter valid VIN Number" Error. I tried atleast 3-4 times and same error.

May be their system is still getting updated. Shall try again later on another day.

Regards,
Old 4th July 2012, 16:12   #5
RSR
Senior - BHPian

This is an excellent initiative by Hyundai - kudos!

However, I tried registering on the website and despite entering all details, it refuses to proceed stating "enter a valid VIN". As far as I know, it is the correct VIN taken from the insurance policy, need to confirm this with the Registration Certificate. I hope it is just a minor teething problem on the website. Many sections on the website require one to be logged in, so I'll reserve further comment till the time I'm able to login and explore.

I hope all manufacturers follow suit so one can get a rough idea of maintenance costs as well as prevent fleecing/unwanted charges by the dealers and authorized service stations.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hyundai launches an Online Service Website for owners of its cars. This website is available to all Hyundai car owners.

• Service Calculator : Calculate the cost of servicing, based on a periodic schedule and fixed service menu. Prices shown are city-specific and part MRPs are considered for cost calculations.

• Price Information : You can view the applicable labor charges for your city as well.

• Service History : View the entire service history of your car. Details include the date of service, mileage, dealership name, type of service & bill amount.
Thanks a lot GTO for sharing this and Kudos to Hyundai for coming up with this initiative. They are pioneers in bringing segment first features in the Indian market and now this.

I personally feel that the fixed service menu and labour cost calculators are a boon especially given the fact that Hyundai service centres are known to rip off unsuspecting customers will make them think twice before recommending useless add-ons. The service history feature will also bring about transparency especially in the used market. Cars with good company service records will have an edge. The only negative being, if we choose to service outside HASS, then these entries will not reflect in the company website.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:19   #7
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks GTO this is superb will check it out for wifees i10 and report back. In any case it is a very useful idea and Hyundai should be commended for taking the lead in this . It will bring about a lot more clarity into their service cost and help DIY minor repairs.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:27   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A

@ Hyundai Owners : Please use the service and give us feedback. It would be great if you include screengrabs of the service history & cost pages. Tell us what you like & dislike.
Hi GTO,

Great news, thanks for that.
But I have a real blocking issue - I tried to register, but they do not have "Tucson" in their list, so even though I have all the RC book data with me ready, I can not register!

Can we take it up with them and have this fixed.

Thanks.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:53   #9
Team-BHP Support

What a brilliant effort! Hats of to Hyundai for pioneering this effort in the Indian automotive scene. I am sure this will help many customer reaffirm their belief in the brand they chose to put their hard earned money on. Now only if they sold parts and accessories online for those who wish to avail friendly neighborhood garage services.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 17:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
However, I tried registering on the website and despite entering all details, it refuses to proceed stating "enter a valid VIN". As far as I know, it is the correct VIN taken from the insurance policy, need to confirm this with the Registration Certificate. I hope it is just a minor teething problem on the website. Many sections on the website require one to be logged in, so I'll reserve further comment till the time I'm able to login and explore.
I had the same problem initially. The Form converts everything to uppercase and displays them as capital letters regardless of what you enter. The same seems to be happening for the VIN/chassis number. The second time I entered all characters in the VIN as capital letters and the site accepted my input. So for example try entering MNOPQ89UVWX123456 instead of Mnopq89uvwx123456

Last edited by vishwas : 4th July 2012 at 17:11. Reason: clarity
vishwas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 17:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

I see one Major advantage. While buying a second had car (maybe even some years down the line), the exact service history can be tracked. This is a big boon for the straight-forward seller and buyer.

Resetting the Odo Meter can be avoided.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 18:04   #12
BHPian

That's a great initiative. Thanks for sharing. I will go ahead and register my i20. Will surely help track the services expenses over the years and make a trend out of it. Also, the cost of the genuine spare parts displayed will also help the customers from being over charged by the dealers.

Good initiative overall. Will keep my findings posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I see one Major advantage. While buying a second had car (maybe even some years down the line), the exact service history can be tracked. This is a big boon for the straight-forward seller and buyer.

I think the details can be accessed only by the owner since it will be password protected. Unless the owner wishes to share, I am not sure we can get a particular vehicle details.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Good initiative by Hyundai.

I see two issues
1. Service history only includes Paid service (PS) and Free Service (FS).
(RR) Running repair and (AR) Accidental repair should also be included. Hope they do it soon.

2. Not much info on discontinued models like Getz CRDi and Tucson.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 18:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
I think the details can be accessed only by the owner since it will be password protected. Unless the owner wishes to share, I am not sure we can get a particular vehicle details.
I tend to agree with flyingkolors, as all info pertaining to a particular car may only be available to the car owner registering for the service.

However, if one really needs to find complete details and service history of a Hyundai car which has been serviced in any Hyundai dealer anywhere in India, there is one effective approach: befriend a Hyundai employee in the service section. By logging on to the database, the employee has access to all details and service history of a Hyundai car.

Having said that, this is indeed an excellent initiative by Hyundai. I have already sent text messages to owners of Hyundai known to me, informing them of this new service. I'm sure other car manufacturers will introduce a similar initiative.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:54   #15
BHPian

The price quoted on this site is very different from the one that they charge.

I remember that on my last service he quietly wrote Wheel balancing and Wheel alignment even without my consent and he charged me around 2K for that. but the rice here say that it should not be more that Rs 700

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks