Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 12:35   #751
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

That was from most of the Romanian reviews I have seen online, they report around 125 at 3000 rpm and 100 at 2500 rpm, so I am guessing either this chart or the reviews could be inaccurate by a bit, haven't seen details from the Indian reviewers yet.

Last edited by raul : 21st July 2012 at 12:40.
Old 21st July 2012, 13:04   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Not sure if posted before, the Renault India site has been updated with some of the accessories, which includes the rear jump seats. The front bullbar with fog lamps is not added yet.

Duster Interior
Too bad the wheel arch cladding and front center armrest mentioned on the Brazil website wont be available here. This is a crazy country.
shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 13:09   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Its around 3000 rpm at 125 or the 110 dCi, that's a bit strained isn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Which is where even my verna does 100kmph in 6th. Feels very relaxed at that speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
haven't seen details from the Indian reviewers yet.
Relating Vehicle speed to rpm, might not be the right way to gauge (in my opinion). Actual Gross weight might be another factor.
The traditional Torque/Power to RPM might be a little friendly to understand.

Am attaching a few I have been gathering
i) 110 ps (from appsonwheels.com) - Guess during the Duster Launch
ii) 110 ps (from superchips.co.uk) - Ignore the remap options - i wonder if this is the 110ps V1(old fluence) or V2(new fluence/duster).
iii) 85 ps (from wattstvc.co.uk)

Except i) above ii) & iii) might not be India related.

For Comparison the Vento' curve - one of the best engines in the market.

Atleast 80 % of the Power/Torque are available from 2000-4000 rpm.
I do not see the engine straining itself, if driven properly (appropriate gear shifts).
Below 2000 or Above 4000 rpm, one would be utilizing the engine to a lesser extent. Keep it between 2500-3000 & we should be squeezing the 'juice'.

Since I am just a layman, would love to correct myself and fully understand the technical details.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report-1.5-dci-110-dsc00219-www.appsonwheels.com.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Launch Report-1.5-dci-110-ps-240-nm-superchipsnissanqashqai15dci110bhpcopy-www.superchips.co.uk.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Launch Report-1.5-dci-63-kw85-ps-200-nm-nv200enginesk9k851.5dci-www.wattstvc.co.uk.jpg  

Last edited by DieselDon : 21st July 2012 at 13:11.
DieselDon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 17:53   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just to clarify : Will be taking the review live with the 110 PS review tomorrow. But I assure you that the 85 PS & Petrol will follow as soon as I'm able to get my hands on one. If we review a car, we want to review it completely (like the recent i20 review where the 1.2, 1.4 diesel and 1.4 AT were driven).

Friends our respected GTO said there will be a review today its nearly 6.00ppm and i don't find any official review? or am i missing something?

I remember the sales guy informing me a drivers hand rest can be fixed in Rxl where there is no rear AC vent, now i don't find it in the official accessories list. Renault we hope your are listening to our wishes so please bring useful ones instead of the hopeless jump seat where nobody can be comfortable in it including my pet.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 21st July 2012 at 18:02.
Old 21st July 2012, 18:11   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
Too bad the wheel arch cladding and front center armrest mentioned on the Brazil website wont be available here. This is a crazy country.
Looked at your post and visited renault brazil website and you are right. Not only that the facia in brazil has four fog lamps too making it look more rugged. The practicality and the integration indicates that it is OE. Wonder why we are treated to step motherly treatment to even brazil.
Check out the links below

Renault Duster

Galeria de Acessórios

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here. If so, sorry.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 18:33   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon

Am attaching a few I have been gathering
i) 110 ps (from appsonwheels.com) - Guess during the Duster Launch
ii) 110 ps (from superchips.co.uk) - Ignore the remap options - i wonder if this is the 110ps V1(old fluence) or V2(new fluence/duster).
iii) 85 ps (from wattstvc.co.uk)

Except i) above ii) & iii) might not be India related.

For Comparison the Vento' curve - one of the best engines in the market.

Atleast 80 % of the Power/Torque are available from 2000-4000 rpm.
I do not see the engine straining itself, if driven properly (appropriate gear shifts).
Below 2000 or Above 4000 rpm, one would be utilizing the engine to a lesser extent. Keep it between 2500-3000 & we should be squeezing the 'juice'.

Since I am just a layman, would love to correct myself and fully understand the technical details.
Diesel Don, the right metric to rate an engine is how flat the torque curve remains with RPM. This will ensure very linear power delivery and predictability for the driver which will tell its take in real life. So the inferences are, Verna is not that good to take it as a benchmark. The best of the four (Verna and three other links) is the 85ps one which will give you good real world performance f not the peak performance. The curves tell the tale why all reviewers so far said 85ps has no turbo lag and feels adequately powered.
Old 21st July 2012, 19:17   #757
BHPian

Went to Duster showroom to enquire about the delivery status of the first batch.
I was told that delivery will start from 27th July now instead of today & delivery date can further postponed to first week of August.Too bad,that means 85 ps models also will available only in August.
Old 21st July 2012, 20:32   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash

Friends our respected GTO said there will be a review today its nearly 6.00ppm and i don't find any official review? or am i missing somethin.
Review is up in official reviews link
Old 21st July 2012, 20:36   #759
BHPian

Mod Note : The Renault Duster Official Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Those who have seen both XUV and Duster, can you comment on the build and interior plastics of Duster vis-a-vis XUV?
Although the interiors of Duster are plain basic functional no-nonsense types, the fit/finish quality is definitely much better than that of XUV's. When I sat inside the XUV, I was utterly disappointed with the plastics quality. The interior colour combination was not helping either. When I spoke to the SA regarding this, he started talking in terms of cost-cutting. Tell me about it, cost-cutting approach and still its 16.5L
And here people are complaining about Duster top-end being on the expensive side.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 10:16. Reason: Adding link to review
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks