Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 15:27   #166
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
I booked RXL 85 PS with Option Pack , which at Gurgaon is around 10.8 Lakhs OTR.

Cheers
I guess you are quoting the ex showroom price,in Bangalore it costs 12.4 OTR.

Last edited by werfish : 6th July 2012 at 15:29.
Old 6th July 2012, 15:28   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
At 60% localization if this is the pricing, then would it be reasonable to expect that prices may come down further with 80% localization?

I'm not sure about the prices coming down with increasing localisation, but Renault's profit's surely would go up!!

Maybe Renault wants to keep the Duster out of the taxi/fleet hands, hence the high price

But coming back to the Duster, what a change from the ultra-basic looks of the Logan/Verito!! Even though the Duster is not a very hot looker (IMO), the interiors look way better that the Logan. Whether they last as long on the Duster as they do on the Logan is to be seen. Same goes for the mechanicals!
Old 6th July 2012, 15:35   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
That is the worst part. Duster has been priced high, and the road tax in Bangalore is one of the highest in the country.
Old 6th July 2012, 15:37   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Hi Werfish

The Prices quoted to me is 9.99 Lakhs (Ex Showroom)
add Regn+Road Tax (Haryana) 0.61
add Insurance 0.29
total 10.89

of course at time of Delivery they would be some Misc Charges but that should not be more than 5-10K i Guess

Cheers
Old 6th July 2012, 15:48   #170
BHPian

The interiors are a let down and a notch below what i expected. Even for the price. The plastics are downright cheap and horrible texture feel to them. Even more annoyingly.. Renault have still not improved their button layout/positioning for the steering controls! The French obstinacy is amazing!

Externally, the rear is simply an eyesore!
Old 6th July 2012, 16:04   #171
BHPian

Though I haven't driven (TD) the 110PS version yet, the turbo lag most of the members complaining is very disturbing. It has actually put me in dilemma, weather to go for the RxZ or scrap the entire idea.
While browsing through the net came across this Link which increases the 85ps Duster to 101ps
and in this Link
the 110 ps duster to 129ps. Torque as mentioned is increased too.
Can this be implemented here? request experienced members to advise.
Old 6th July 2012, 16:27   #172
VM1
BHPian

I am eager to get my hands on one - will go for a TD soon.

Though it is smaller in breadth and width compared to other SUVs, the interiors look good to me. I can comment more once I see it in the flesh. One thing I am optimistic about is the overall quality considering Renault has been doing well with other cars like Logan in India, so far!
Old 6th July 2012, 16:38   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
They definately went about getting the cars introduced in the wrong order.
That is one way of looking at it, the other way (the way that Renault hoped to be perceived) is that, it was a 'Brand Building excercise'. Renault now has a 14 Lakh sedan, a 25 Lakh SUV in its line up. This has certainly moved Renault's brand image a few yards away from the 'cheap' image that the Logan had given it.
It also helps that the Logan has safely been ducked away under Brand Mahindra in a different name! So I don't think they chose to launch products in this order without reason.
Old 6th July 2012, 16:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Though I haven't driven (TD) the 110PS version yet, the turbo lag most of the members complaining is very disturbing. It has actually put me in dilemma, weather to go for the RxZ or scrap the entire idea.
While browsing through the net came across this Link which increases the 85ps Duster to 101ps
and in this Link
the 110 ps duster to 129ps. Torque as mentioned is increased too.
Can this be implemented here? request experienced members to advise.
A error I wish to rectify in the above text, the Tuning chip for the 110 PS to increase power. Can anyone throw light on this please?
Sorry for the error in linking.
Old 6th July 2012, 17:18   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Though I haven't driven (TD) the 110PS version yet, the turbo lag most of the members complaining is very disturbing
I assume the Duster dCi 110 has the updated Fluence engine with modified turbocharger (different blade design and swirl induction intake system), new piezoelectric fuel injectors featuring 7 ports per injector and revised ECU mapping (turbo kicks in at 1850 instead of 2000 rpm).

If you read the Autocar & OD reviews of the new engine, they seem to have addressed the turbo-lag. Is it still SO bad even now or is the ECU mapping different for the Duster version?

2012 Renault Fluence dCi 110 E4 road test - Overdrive

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th July 2012 at 17:27. Reason: Spelling!
Old 6th July 2012, 17:22   #176
BHPian

I don't think it is the same version. There are many versions of the 110dci. The Fluence upgrade brought the power delivery from 2000rpm to 1750rpm hence the improvement. In the indian Duster its still 2000rpm.

The version being exported to UK is also different, it has DPF and the option for ESP which is not being offered here. Its probably slightly better tuned as its 0-100 is 11.8 as opposed to 12.6 for the India version.

Last edited by raul : 6th July 2012 at 17:28.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 17:23   #177
BHPian

The turbo kicks in the duster at 2250.
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 17:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
I booked RXL 85 PS with Option Pack , which at Gurgaon is around 10.8 Lakhs OTR. They are promising a delivery sometime in August , so by that time TBHP Review should be out and if the reviews come favourable I would stick with the booking or else probably a Sedan at that price point

Cheers
are you sure about the OTR ? the exshowroom for the RXL OPTION PACK in Chennai is 10.16lakhs and OTR is 12.21 lakhs. I dont think taxes in Gurgaon are so much lower
Old 6th July 2012, 17:41   #179
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
They would have gotten the idea from Ertiga. Ertiga is nothing but a station wagon with two extra seats, and quite likely that the extra seats are attracting more people to the showroom than a 5 seater would have.

Since you have seen the car in flesh, did you spot any hinges/links in the current model, where these extra seats and be fixed? If not, Renault will probably introduce these hinges/links while upwardly revising the price (since the currently announced price is "introductory"). They need some justification to increase the price, and this could be one!
Nope I did not see any tell tale hinges and / or clamps on which these jump seats can be fitted.

Ertiga is a mini van, not really a station wagon.

Duster is a completely different animal. I don't understand why they want to be everything to everyone.
Old 6th July 2012, 17:42   #180
BHPian

im just back from a test drive.i was expecting it to be bad after reading the comments. turbo lag is not that bad as people are telling in this page. in 2nd gear when we go really low on rpm and then want to pull back, then its evident. vehicle is solid. we feel good inside when we drive. position, steering feel ,clutch ,brakes everything. after seeing the cost cutting measures on door beading and handles, i was expecting the drive to have a flimsy feel.no not at all. renault have done a good job with the product.
it wont appeal to the people who are comng to the showrrom expecting to see a big vehicle. people who are looking for somthing like sedan or a compact suv or crossover. then this is perfect. with the fuel economy what they are telling. sure to pull lots of people. its a bit over priced about 50 to 75k across the range. other than dash board quality, handles,no door beedings etc. vehicles ticks mosty all the boxes.overall..
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed