Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 13:47   #301
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I agree with you, I am not sure what was the intent when Renault decided to use paint instead of actual chrome. Did you check with them about changing to chrome, is it possible for the ORVMs, how much would it cost, etc?

If its a hassle, just get them painted to body color. Might be expensive though.
I believe OVRM for RXL Model would be Body Color and OVRM for RXE will be Black . so Ironically which would be more suitable to look of Car !!

Similarly RXL and RXE come without the Rear AC , which gives more Legroom for the 5th Passenger , other wise So Called Luxury of Rear AC, makes Duster a 4 seater

Renault (india ?) Engineers perhaps worked too much on RXZ to make it less Desirable than the middle and base Trims
Old 9th July 2012, 14:21   #302

I had decided to cancel my booking due to Lack of ABS and Airbags in the RXL85 bhp version. i was ok with taking the option pack,but due to taxation difference the OTR is Comming at 12.21 in chennai for the option pack which is approx 1.67 lakhs higher than the RXL version .

Any way was planning to go to the mount road showroom to cancel the booking,but in the morning i got a sms from my bank regarding the debit of 1 lakh which i had given as pre-booking amount. i didn't confirm the booking and nobody from the showroom called and asked for my confirmation for presenting the cheque. I rushed to the showroom and asked for an explanation.They apologised and gave a lame reason that it was presented by mistake. Wrote a complaint and cancellation letter .
They confirmed that they would be providing me my refund cheque by tomorrow evening !

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2012 at 13:34. Reason: Typo
ranjeetnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 14:24   #303
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Frankly in my opinion, the top-end Duster at 14L is overpriced. For about 2L more (@16L OTR with discounts of upto 1.5L), you can get a Yeti which is far better than the duster in terms of perfomance, build, quality etc. I would put my money on the Yeti than the duster.
Is the active 4x2 available easily? It isn't in Hyderabad. The best you can hope for the Yeti 4x2 Ambient 2012 model in Bangalore is 17.4 including Corp discount.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th July 2012 at 15:21. Reason: Post edited. Please type in full words (u = you) and use proper punctuation. Thanks.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:00   #304
Senior - BHPian

Saw a duster here in Pondy just now. They are having a mela kind of thing, there is no official showroom for Renault here. They had a Duster and a Pulse for test drive. Hope I can do one on the way home.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:06   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The solution to that is get the 85 RXL version with option. You get all the premium top end features without the AC vent.
That is I hope if you are OK with 85.

(Rear AC is available only for RXZ versions)
The 85 RXL +option pack may just turn out to be the best selling Duster variant. But first, they need to hurry up and get some 85 bhp TD vehicles!

Does the RXL (with or without the option pack) get silver ORVM & door handles or body coloured ones?
Old 9th July 2012, 15:13   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The solution to that is get the 85 RXL version with option. You get all the premium top end features without the AC vent.
The on-board trip-computer (MID) also is only available on the 110 RXZ. The 6-speed gearbox too.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:26   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Is the active 4x2 available easily. It isn't in hyd. The best u can hope for the yeti 4x2 ambient 2012 model in blr is 17.4 including Corp discount
I agree, when I checked last time, I was told 18L on road.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:31   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
The on-board trip-computer (MID) also is only available on the 110 RXZ. The 6-speed gearbox too.
Are you sure? As per the web site, the MID is available on all but the RXE trim.

As per the SE the 110PS has more bookings than 85PS. So, the theory that 85 RXL(O) will gather maximum bookings is suspect. Looks like the people who are doing the booking thinking different than T-bhpians

Is the 110/6 speed better than 85/5 speed? I am really confused between these two :(

Last edited by thalavoy : 9th July 2012 at 15:33.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:38   #309
BHPian

I visited the Renault showroom over the weekend. TD car was not available but there was a 110 Bhp RxL or RxZ on display. Impressions:

- Spacious in all 5 seats. Leg room limited in middle seat due to Aircon unit
- Firm and comfortable rear bench
- Excellent luggage space
- Has good presence. Is not small in any way.
- Silver coloured ORVMs are jarring
- Some plastics of poor quality. The dashboard glove box is no better than my Alto.
- Well weighted gear shift
- separate compartment for car jack
- Neutral interior but 2 tone looks good

Pricing:

Renault is effectively forcing customers to choose the 85 Bhp RxL+Option variant, which will come to 10.5+ L ex showroom + insurance. This is a reasonably equipped version. The top end 110 Bhp will be 12 Lac+ territory at which price buyers will consider the XUV500 which has a much higher glam factor.

Last edited by aditya101 : 9th July 2012 at 15:45. Reason: Added more details
Old 9th July 2012, 15:59   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Hey Floyd, I too am waiting to do a Test Drive of the Petrol version which the sales guy told me would take minimum 10 days & I hope its going to surpass the Diesel. On your point about ABS, Unfortunately Renault is not offering ABS + Airbags even as an option in the petrol model which is wher i am confused now. Do keep us posted if you get a chance to drive the petrol vehicle before i do.
Yeah man, Petrol RxL w/o ABS is the party pooper otherwise I would had surely gone for it over diesel only if its more refined than diesel. Only TD will tell. Will surely update on the TD experience of petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Does the RXL (with or without the option pack) get silver ORVM & door handles or body coloured ones?
Its black for RxE, body coloured for RxL (inc option pack) and chrome for RxZ.

Logically speaking, another good option would be 110 PS RxL. At the same price of 85 PS RxL (O), you get all features of 85 PS RxL + 110 engine + ABS. The only thing you miss out on is Airbags and some cosmetic enhancements like Alloys.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:02   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Onboard Computer is available across RXL & RXZ models Both 85 PS & 110 PS , however 6 Speed Gearbox is only on RXL & RXZ of 110 PS

This is as per Renault Website, I would reasonably expect these features on middle variant of 85 PS
Old 9th July 2012, 16:15   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Is the 110/6 speed better than 85/5 speed? I am really confused between these two :(
I am sure the TD of a 85PS will help you decide. To add on, the Team-BHP review is on its way. That might help everyone decide what works for them.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:16   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Yeah man, Petrol RxL w/o ABS is the party pooper otherwise I would had surely gone for it over diesel only if its more refined than diesel. Only TD will tell. Will surely update on the TD experience of petrol.

Its black for RxE, body coloured for RxL (inc option pack) and chrome for RxZ.

Logically speaking, another good option would be 110 PS RxL. At the same price of 85 PS RxL (O), you get all features of 85 PS RxL + 110 engine + ABS. The only thing you miss out on is Airbags and some cosmetic enhancements like Alloys.

I would have preferred 110 PS RXL , had it offered ABS but had to go for 85 PS with options

Could not compromise on Safety (ABS) otherwise all other Cosmetic Enhancements including Alloys can be bought from After Market but safety Gadgets need to be Company Fitted

Cheers
Old 9th July 2012, 16:25   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT, here's an interesting interview and video with Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Renault-Nissan in the Harvard Business Review (HBR) called "Jugaad Innovation: Reigniting American Ingenuity"

Frugal Innovation: Lessons from Carlos Ghosn, CEO, Renault-Nissan - Navi Radjou, Jaideep Prabhu, Simone Ahuja - Harvard Business Review
'Jugaad' Inspires in Driving Sustainability on a Global Scale | Asia Society

Ghosn mentions the success of the Logan and Dost and also speaks of the Dacia brand AND a "global small car" — an entry-level car priced at around Rs 3 lakhs ($5,200) that will first be commercialized in India and then introduced in other emerging markets like Brazil, Indonesia, and South Africa.

Mods - please move to an appropriate thread if required.
Old 9th July 2012, 16:35   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
I would have preferred 110 PS RXL , had it offered ABS but had to go for 85 PS with options

Could not compromise on Safety (ABS) otherwise all other Cosmetic Enhancements including Alloys can be bought from After Market but safety Gadgets need to be Company Fitted

Cheers
110 PS RXL has ABS/BA/EBD. Only the dual front air bags are not available. Agree with you that the safety options are better factory fitted. Alloys and parking assist sensors can also be added after market. But airbags? This is my main confusion. If only 110 PS RXL + Airbags options is there. I don't want RXZ at that price
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed