Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 10:33   #346
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
1. Its an overgrown hatch, period. Dont even dare to call it a SUV.
Please don't call it overgrown hatch, Eeeshh. Its beautiful European styling. Its a Crossover and that's what it should be called, period.
If you want to see overgrown hatch, please take a look at Alpha, overgrown Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Rather than going in for the 110ps diesel it makes more sense to go in for the W6 variant of the XIV500.
I still feel 110 PS RxL (not RxZ) is good VFM @ 12.4L OTR BLR which is good 2-2.5L less than W6. Also because, I liked the styling of Duster much much better than XUV. Personal likes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congrats on your booking. You have booked without a TD?

Cheers!
75% of the bookings have been all 85 PS and without a TD because there has been no 85 PS TD vehicle available yet
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 11:03   #347
Senior - BHPian

Skanda, I did find the door on the lighter side but i dont think this can be any issue at all, infact many may find this as an advantage.

"110" variant with the 6th gear should be good for cruising, definitely the extra PS will be handy on over taking etc

But i dont feel 85 PS would be an issue at all, however we will know only once we few people do some long TD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
I'm out of the country for a few months and so unfortunately, I'll have to make ....
Old 10th July 2012, 11:45   #348
BHPian

Guys who have done pre-booking on Duster, Did you get any confirmed delivery date?
My Sales Advisor is telling me that vehicle will be delivered this weekend, but no official confirmation as of now. Advance has been debitted from my bank account, so i guess the booking is under process. So, if any guys have any official info, please share.
Old 10th July 2012, 11:53   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The 110 bhp isnt exactly cheap.
11.44, 12.30, 12.70 OTR prices for the 3 models of Duster 110bhp at Trivandrum.
Co-bro says its VFM for the price and there is noticable turbo lag for the 110bhp one. Maybe he found too much lag coz he was there to check Pulse ( he drives a Vdi).
i got a quote for rxl for 11.10.in clt . i did feel the turbo lag in 2nd gear. as u said when we compare to swift we can feel it. but its fine. i did feel it a bit overpriced when it was launched. people were discussing that it would be priced agressively. two or three friends of mine were telling me its real value for money. even good hatch now costs minimum of 6.5, 7 and upwards.

Note From Mod -Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members. e.g. Type 'You' instead of 'u'

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2012 at 02:51. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 12:45   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Guys who have done pre-booking on Duster, Did you get any confirmed delivery date?
My Sales Advisor is telling me that vehicle will be delivered this weekend, but no official confirmation as of now. Advance has been debitted from my bank account, so i guess the booking is under process. So, if any guys have any official info, please share.
The SA in Chennai said that the RTO clearance should come in a few days. Only after that, they can register the vehicles. If I remember correct, Mahindra Thar had problems in registration and one t-bhp member had to return the vehicle (correct me if I am mistaken).
May be the KL RTO approval is through.
thalavoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 13:25   #351
BHPian

I bought a new Honda City Ivtec VMT last July after waiting for an affordable SUV ( XUV came much later ) and taking test drives of almost every single car in Indian automotive space below 30Lakh . And finally I had to go for time tested and popular Honda city . Much to joy of my family and friends but not my SUV loving , sporty heart.
I used to drive a Logan once and my petrol logan 1600 Cc took me Mumbai to Jaipur 1200 kilometers in One single day(16 hours ). Been driving a city and civic since then and have never been happy with the suspension and ride quality . engines of honda are superb and the interiors too but that European drive of logan , I could never get.
Drove XUV 500 too but did not like it much( though the best from Mahindra , still finesse ? )
And thus Duster matters a lot for people like me , people who are not driven about name or interior finish only , we want practical cars, nice to look at, easy to zip drive in city , take a stroll on the highways and also make a statement. I am sure we all would like to go for BMWs or Audi if had the moolah .

I was one of the first guys last week to take a test drive ( a real long one as it was 9 am and no other customer around ) on the pot-holed SUV inviting countryside ! roads of Andheri in Mumbai .

And my friends , I am writing this after reading all the last 24 pages .

Duster , is perhaps the most practical and VFM vehicle to have hit the Indian shors from An international brand in recent years .

It drives like a skoda, feels like a honda and beautiful like ( almsot ) an audi .

It gives you many options to choose from and space and everything else which everyone is cribbing about is almost perfect.

yes they have messed up with safety options but then the segment where they are hitting with lower models ( scorpio ,safari lower models) is without any safety equipment anyway and I gues that must have been the marketing strategy ( My Marekting brain says so , personal assumption )

Guys its not an Indian Car( Cant Trust QC of any Indian manufacturer other than MARUTI , see issues of XUV for example), its a french Car and which other International Big car manufacturer is giving you a car at this price with this kinda ride quality . I think no-one.

I Have taken two test drives since then , have been to the showroom thrice , seen the mad rush and bookings and read up on all the investment which Renault is making in India .

I am sure they are here to stay and not run away like Peugeot of past .
And I am sure 2+2 service plan ensure *** with peace of mind.

Now waiting to have TD of a 85PS and then find a buyer for my 2011 Honda city .

I Have loved my Honda city a lot but then she was never the partner I wanted , so we just lived-in , Time to marry now ...as the duster seems to just the bride I always wanted . Practical,beautiful , classy and easy to maintain

I know selling my honda city is its gonna be a tough task and I am gonna loose money on my red beauty especially since I spent so much on alloys n other enhancements ...But then thats what car lovers are ....dont we live to drive ..Love to drive .
Maanspeedo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 13:33   #352
BHPian

would it be wise to go in for the petrol base version.Considering my daily run is just around 10km.I am on the look out for a new automobile that can suit my requirements.I have always wanted an Suv type of vehicle.The cheapest diesel Is going well over my budget.I do go out of town just once in two months.I like the size and butch look the Duster gives.Anyone has any opinion on the above ?
Old 10th July 2012, 13:48   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
would it be wise to go in for the petrol base version.Considering my daily run is just around 10km.I am on the look out for a new automobile that can suit my requirements.I have always wanted an Suv type of vehicle.The cheapest diesel Is going well over my budget.I do go out of town just once in two months.I like the size and butch look the Duster gives.Anyone has any opinion on the above ?
I think petrol should be the perfect choice for you . in fact two of my colleagues booked Petrol RxL yesterday . One of them has driven his A star for 25000 in 3 years so makes sense looking at their driving style.

Diesel is priced much higher than petrol and your run is really very little to actually warrant a diesel car, you may need to drive it for many years to justify the diesel buy .

You should not very good resale price for a petrol car after few years though ( based on current policies and oil situation)
Old 10th July 2012, 13:49   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
I know selling my honda city is its gonna be a tough task and I am gonna loose money on my red beauty especially since I spent so much on alloys n other enhancements ...But then thats what car lovers are ....dont we live to drive ..Love to drive .
Just the position you are in mate. Invested on a Chevy Beat LT Option( Fully loaded with ABS, Airbag, Alloys etc) and now booked the Duster. Put up my Beat for sale and by the looks of it, aint gonna get much out of it. Maybe a second car for wifey.
Cant agree with you more on Logan in particular, and renault in general. It is one of those highly under rated or misunderstood cars/brand in India. The ride quality is the best in it's class. I have driven from Chennai to Kanyakumari back to back without any body pain or driver fatigue.
Since Duster is built on the same platform, advance booked the Duster on the 20th of June itself, without knowing the variant, spec, price etc. Now with unbiased reviews coming in from TD , I'm feeling vindicated. Cant wait to get my hands on the real thing and give it a proper shakedown though.
Old 10th July 2012, 14:03   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The 110 bhp isnt exactly cheap.
11.44, 12.30, 12.70 OTR prices for the 3 models of Duster 110bhp at Trivandrum.
Co-bro says its VFM for the price and there is noticable turbo lag for the 110bhp one. Maybe he found too much lag coz he was there to check Pulse ( he drives a Vdi).
That's actually quite good, if the RXZ was 12.30 in Mumbai I would go for it, though the rear ac and wood finish would bug me, but airbags are important. In Mumbai the RXZ is 13.70 on road!
Old 10th July 2012, 14:07   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Just the position you are in mate. Invested on a Chevy Beat LT Option( Fully loaded with ABS, Airbag, Alloys etc) and now booked the Duster. Put up my Beat for sale and by the looks of it, aint gonna get much out of it. Maybe a second car for wifey.
Cant agree with you more on Logan in particular, and renault in general. It is one of those highly under rated or misunderstood cars/brand in India. The ride quality is the best in it's class. I have driven from Chennai to Kanyakumari back to back without any body pain or driver fatigue.
Since Duster is built on the same platform, advance booked the Duster on the 20th of June itself, without knowing the variant, spec, price etc. Now with unbiased reviews coming in from TD , I'm feeling vindicated. Cant wait to get my hands on the real thing and give it a proper shakedown though.
Superb .congratulations man.

I ,In fact sold Logan and have missed it all these two years of driving civic n city but I shall have to wait to sell Honda now to finally get my hands on my re-incarnated Logan ( not exactly but atleast as the platform)..

Share the pics once you get the duster home.

Cheers .
Old 10th July 2012, 14:13   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
Guys its not an Indian Car( Cant Trust QC of any Indian manufacturer other than MARUTI , see issues of XUV for example), its a french Car...
small point - AFAIK it's not a French car, it's a Romanian car.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:00   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
small point - AFAIK it's not a French car, it's a Romanian car.
Yes ,very much Romanian. I just mentioned the popular notion about Renault's origins .
Old 10th July 2012, 15:15   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
I still feel 110 PS RxL (not RxZ) is good VFM @ 12.4L OTR BLR which is good 2-2.5L less than W6. Also because, I liked the styling of Duster much much better than XUV. Personal likes!!!
Its actually tough for guys in Blore due to to road tax , the RxZ (110PS) in Kolkata costs 11.9L on road
I find this VFM when safety is a big priority.
Anyway, first batch delivery (for bookings done between 20th June to 3rd July) seems to be by the end of this month.
Old 10th July 2012, 15:35   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
One query.
The Autocar review mentions the kerb wt as 1158 - 1308 kg, whereas the site brochure mentions gross veh wt as 1740 - 1781 kg.
Whats the difference ?
Curb weight (US English) or kerb weight (UK English) is the total weight of a vehicle with standard equipment, all necessary operating consumables (e.g., motor oil and coolant), a full tank of fuel, while not loaded with either passengers or cargo.

Gross vehicle weight rating is used for the legal maximum weight including the driver, passengers and cargo.

Also noteworthy:
The term Dry weight excludes fuel and other consumables.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks