Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 13:14   #451
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Is it blue or grey colour? The pictures in the oncars.in review also look blue(ish) but it is the grey one, I think.
Or it could be just my monitor
Hi

It is Graphite Grey !!
Old 13th July 2012, 13:31   #452
BHPian

Seems 7 seater options are offered now by the dealers in Bangalore. One of my friend got a call from the dealer and he said that they have put 2 additional seats at extra cost. That makes Duster a VFM
Old 13th July 2012, 13:39   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Seems 7 seater options are offered now by the dealers in Bangalore. One of my friend got a call from the dealer and he said that they have put 2 additional seats at extra cost. That makes Duster a VFM
Are they side facing seats or front facing? I wonder how RTO allows such modification. Or is it something which is not 'legal' but normally RTO keeps a blind eye, like in cases of numerous Omnis which have customised/additional seats
Old 13th July 2012, 13:47   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Are they side facing seats or front facing? I wonder how RTO allows such modification. Or is it something which is not 'legal' but normally RTO keeps a blind eye, like in cases of numerous Omnis which have customised/additional seats
I believe those are fold-able jump seats (side facing).
Old 13th July 2012, 13:52   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I believe those are fold-able jump seats (side facing).
Is this a dealer-fitted option, or original accessory/add-on from Renault? Sounds like a safety compromise.
Old 13th July 2012, 13:55   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is this a dealer-fitted option, or original accessory/add-on from Renault? Sounds like a safety compromise.
Not much clear at this moment. It might be from the dealer, with the GO from Renault.
Old 13th July 2012, 14:00   #457
BHPian

If these jump seats can be fitted, how to the passengers enter, and more importantly exit the car? can the rear door be opened from inside?
Old 13th July 2012, 14:03   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One more thing. Disposable income has clearly risen significantly. Recession fears notwithstanding it doesn't look like the Indian consumer will let anything get between him and the value he seeks! .
OT: Its actually not disposable income rise Shankar. I spoke to a couple of friends of mine in retail banking. As per them over 70% of new car bookings are through car loans and most of the vehicles are financed to the tune of 60-70% loans. The current spending is more due to easy and relatively cheap loans. People do not think about 12-13% interest rate they pay. If they are able to afford monthly EMI comfortably, they pick up the loan.
God forbid, but if IT/Banking see some major layoffs, there will be several vehicles being forefieted due to lack of payments!! It seems most of the middle class/working class households carry upto 60% of their income in debt/EMi's. . And recession is firmly coming in, if you look at America/Europe numbers and recently IT company results.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 14:49   #459
BHPian

One of my friends has been following up for a 85PS TD. Renault Andheri confirmed that they WILL NOT be having 85PS version for TD at all.

Can someone else confirm this from other showrooms please ?

Mods - did you get to TD the 85PS ? This will help my friend decide if he has to book a renault or a Skoda Rapid.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:29   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
One of my friends has been following up for a 85PS TD. Renault Andheri confirmed that they WILL NOT be having 85PS version for TD at all.

Mods - did you get to TD the 85PS ? This will help my friend decide if he has to book a renault or a Skoda Rapid.

Renault has not provided 85 PS to dealers for TD. Either they are not keen on selling 85 PS Model and Petrol Models or they are hiding something from the gullible customer , who would marry a Goat by looking at the Sheep

Last edited by Nitinz : 13th July 2012 at 15:31.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:30   #461
BHPian

Quote:
When I had spoken to the sales people in Bangalore, they told me the 85PS test vehicles will arrive on the 20th of next month. Not sure if they were just speculating.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:58   #462
BHPian

Quote:

Is it possible that your friend was told this because the showroom was coaxing him to book the 110PS variant (instead of the 85PS)?

If so, it's a very sad commentary on the dealership's sales practices.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:58   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Is it blue or grey colour? The pictures in the oncars.in review also look blue(ish) but it is the grey one, I think.
Or it could be just my monitor
The snap I posted is of a Dacia, sold elsewhere. It's blue. And looks nice!
We are not getting that colour here, yet :(
Old 13th July 2012, 16:44   #464
BHPian

Quote:
I am very much eager to know how they are going to fix that. In all possibility, it should be jump seats. But who is going to fit there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
If these jump seats can be fitted, how to the passengers enter, and more importantly exit the car? can the rear door be opened from inside?
I too have the same question. Probably here is where Duster going to miss the split rear seats badly!
How funny it would be if I try to enter inside through the boot .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekpsingh View Post
I dont know why, but nobody who has TD a Duster seems to mention anywhere - it has only 2 speed Wiper. It shall take quite getting used to for a lot of people.
Oh my god! That's a shock. I did not notice this so far. Did they save that much by cutting the cost here?
So that means only 2 speeds or is there any provision like VW Polo to have some intermittent speeds?

Last edited by novice29 : 13th July 2012 at 16:58. Reason: To avoid back to back posting
Old 13th July 2012, 19:21   #465
BHPian

Quote:
I have test driven the car and that seems highly unlikely due to the space constraints in the boot area. The boot area is higher than the second row coz of the rear suspension and spare tire. So even jumper seats will be uncomfortable. Only children would be able to sit there.

I am 6'3 and the only issue i had with the car was space. The engine was smooth, ride quality was very good and plastics were satisfactory. But the legroom was very less in the second row when I was sitting in the drivers seat. Even the headroom felt a bit less. But this applies only to taller people. My friend whos 5'8 loved it and booked one on the spot.

So I drove straight to mahindra showroom, in my Nano which is still the most comfortable car to get into the drivers seat. The XUV 500 W6 at 11.5L is only 60K more than Duster RXZ which costs 10.9L ex-showroom and it has almost the same equipment list. Only thing missing in XUV is alloys but it has a lot more space. This applies only in Maharashtra, as the XUV is cheaper here since its manufactured in Chakan.

The top variants of Duster doesn't seem to be a good purchase. But the duster is a very good package at 7.5L-9.5L for the middle variants. I would prefer the Duster over Scorpio, Sx4, Indigo Manza, City, Vento, etc at that price point.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks