Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 14:00   #631
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Regarding not putting money down on 1 test drive, whilst I agree, I also feel that if your heart didnt tick after the first drive there is no point driving the car. I bought a Honda City automatic in 2010 as a brain decision. It ticked all the boxes but I never really had any fun in the test drive. After a year and half had to sell it at a loss of nearly 4 lakhs. Replaced it with new Fiesta D in my garage. The car that I fell instantly in love with after first test drive.
Dear Aseem , your thoughts echo mine and how closely !

I went through an extensive test driving season last rains and only car which pulled my heart strings was the lioness Laura. But then it was way out of my budget ,so I went the familiar road. I bought ANHC 2011 as it ticked all the boxes and it was the only car in my budget better than all other .

Now one year down the road , I am ready to play through my heart , all set to book a duster becoz I loved the Test drive , and I mean I really loved it to the core ,just like real passionate account of m&m up here in this thread.

I am also about to loose close to 3 lac through this heart decision much beyond explanations of brain and I guess thats what makes us car lovers .

So yes , I second what you said , If you like the first test drive then only you give a chance to this car , if you dont like the first test drive then just leave it.

We can keep cribbing about bells and whistles and small enhancements but only thing what matters for a car and a car lover is pulling of heart strings and if that has worked for any of us ..just go for it .. safety, price, delivery time , and everything else just does not count.

Last edited by noopster : 18th July 2012 at 16:17. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Maanspeedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 14:25   #632
Senior - BHPian

I guess the Duster is definetly a run away sucess going by the fact that RENAULT has not even started their print or tele ad campaign !
social media and websites like t-bhp have enough discussion forums on this vehicle that they have managed to create so much excitement around the vehicle which otherwise could have been created only by about a few tens of crores of ad campaigns !

i am eagerly waiting to find a suitable buyer for my beloved OHC so that i can make a downpayment for the Duster. ( somewhere in one cosy corner of my heart - i wish the STORME is launched at existing SAFARI pricing ). this wait is unnerving
Old 18th July 2012, 15:09   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy1981 View Post
Regarding height adjustment on the RxZ, i am not sure why there have been comments that only two settings are possible, cause the way i experienced it was, step out of the seat, pull the lever up and the seat pops up to the high position, then you sit and the hold the lever and seat starts to slide down, you can let go of the lever at any point in time which stops the slide down action and sets the height...this action in effect lets you choose any setting between the lowest to highest.
This is something which I didn't experienced at all. When I sat on the seat and held the lever, the seat just dropped to its lowest position. Anyways, while driving, I had the seat at the highest position which worked best for me.
My question is what would be the default seat height for non-RxZ models?
Old 18th July 2012, 15:28   #634
BHPian

I booked Duster(D) RXE and the stuff I really felt Missing in it is ABS
( For getting ABS version, I need to pay around 2L extra where the cost is going Safari's Teritory and I like to avoid that )

Is there any way I can fit ABS alone once I get the delivery ?
I checked in the showroom and I got the reply ( as expected and framed ) "its not possible"
I guy I spoke to is a marketing guy and didnt get change to speak to mechanic in showroom

But I remember,when I checked in Maruti showroom for my swift, they are telling its possible and cost around 20k
Can someone suggest on this
Old 18th July 2012, 16:12   #635
BHPian

Any news on official status of delivery? I'm yet to receive official confirmation from my dealer in Chennai. Something does not seem right in the dealer's response to exact delivery date despite me being a pre-booked customer. In fact they have still not given certain documents for my Bank to complete loan processing. With news of premium booking doing the rounds, I'm a little wary now. Hope it is just a false alarm.
Guys from other parts of India, any additional info?
Another rumor gathering steam is that once presidential appointment is complete, price of Diesel cars may go up by reason of increasing Excise duty on diesel cars.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:34   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
I booked Duster(D) RXE and the stuff I really felt Missing in it is ABS
( For getting ABS version, I need to pay around 2L extra where the cost is going Safari's Teritory and I like to avoid that )

Is there any way I can fit ABS alone once I get the delivery ?
I checked in the showroom and I got the reply ( as expected and framed ) "its not possible"
I guy I spoke to is a marketing guy and didnt get change to speak to mechanic in showroom

But I remember,when I checked in Maruti showroom for my swift, they are telling its possible and cost around 20k
Can someone suggest on this
Nope, its not possible to add ABS as an option afterwards. It always good to buy the ABS & airbag option variant. You cannot put a price on safety. I would say, try to get the one with ABS & Airbags even if it costs more.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:34   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
My question is what would be the default seat height for non-RxZ models?
Sit in the co drivers seat and you will get your answer.
Off Roadie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 16:39   #638
BHPian

Just now received message from my Renault Mount Road dealer stating i have been allotted my vehicle 85Rxl(o) in the first week of next month.

When i said i have not still now test driven the vehicle or seen it in flesh, he said both the test drive vehicle and the first consignment is arriving together and i will be only able to test drive in this month end or next month first week.

When i replied i will test 85 and if not satisfied i might go for 110 as we both have agreed earlier for that terms when i pre booked last month 15th and now the delay in bringing the 85 is only their mistake the senior sales guy said in that case i need to wait for another one month to take delivery of 110.

Now members is it wise? even without seeing or testing the particular model to accept delivery?

Now my final decision rest on our honorable Moderators verdict on Saturday and waiting with crossed fingers hoping they could do it today itself.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 18th July 2012 at 16:46.
Old 18th July 2012, 17:09   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Just now received message from my Renault Mount Road dealer stating i have been allotted my vehicle 85Rxl(o) in the first week of next month.
Just curious. What was your color of choice? Me. I'm taking a leap of faith by choosing the 85 PS RXL (OPT) as the mileage is supposedly more and driveability inside city is supposedly better. I pre-booked on June 20th and still no official call.Anyways, it is reassuring to know that they are following heirarchy of booking sequence.
Old 18th July 2012, 17:22   #640
BHPian

Quote:

When i said i have not still now test driven the vehicle or seen it in flesh, he said both the test drive vehicle and the first consignment is arriving together and i will be only able to test drive in this month end or next month first week.

When i replied i will test 85 and if not satisfied i might go for 110 as we both have agreed earlier for that terms when i pre booked last month 15th and now the delay in bringing the 85 is only their mistake the senior sales guy said in that case i need to wait for another one month to take delivery of 110.

Now members is it wise? even without seeing or testing the particular model to accept delivery?

Now my final decision rest on our honorable Moderators verdict on Saturday and waiting with crossed fingers hoping they could do it today itself.
Never buy a car without a TD. Different people have different requirements. I would say TD the 85ps version and then decide. I am sure the dealership can hold onto your alloted 85ps version until your TD is done and you feel it fits your requirement.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 17:39   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maanspeedo View Post
I am also about to loose close to 3 lac through this heart decision much beyond explanations of brain and I guess thats what makes us car lovers .
So you plan to sell your Honda City at 3lac less then I want to buy

Cheers
MKPI
Old 18th July 2012, 17:55   #642
BHPian

any one knows what is the "j" size for the duster alloys. i wanted to upsize it to 235 60 16. that size is very rare and could not find any. i read in another team bhp thread that the mrf wanderers are supposed to be one size bigger than what it acually reads. heard the thread area is wider. the tyre looks ok with the o.e alloys. so if i get an after market wheel of 7 "j", then it should slightly get wider shoulder. hope it will look good and 7.5"j" would spoil the look on 215. suggestions please.. company wheel e.t is 50 and the one i ordered is 40. that will get the tyres and wheels to the bodyline of the wheel arches right..? how is the black duster, i havnt seen black yet. is the red duster really red or is it maroon..?
Old 18th July 2012, 18:08   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Just curious. What was your color of choice? Me. I'm taking a leap of faith by choosing the 85 PS RXL (OPT) as the mileage is supposedly more and driveability inside city is supposedly better. I pre-booked on June 20th and still no official call.Anyways, it is reassuring to know that they are following heirarchy of booking sequence.

Neil my color of choice is black but i can only finalize after seeing it in flesh as i have only seen two color as of now white and brown.

As far the 110 is concerned i also believed initially 85 is better for city drive and good mileage with no turbo lag but after reading many reviews till now i have understood 110 is an all round vehicle for both city & highway with minimum turbo lag and the mileage between two engines is negligible IMO its better to go for Rxl110 with six gears for the same price of Rxl(o)85 but with a catch u miss the airbag which cannot be added latter but all other features can.

So if u can live with ABS alone without airbag Rxl110 can be considered seriously for its performance as 110 power with sixth gear is a boom for highway drive and u may get better mileage also.

As you posted earlier about the price rise its only a rumor don't believe it. planning commission chairman Ahluvalia has clearly said in a interview this method of taxing the diesel car buyers is absurd and the only way out is to remove the subsidy for diesel and so, please don't worry by the way what is your color of choice?

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 18th July 2012 at 18:11.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 18:16   #644
Senior - BHPian

Going against everything I normally believe in, all common sense, all logic and all reasoning, we have booked a Duster RxZ 110 in Grey. I have no news on when it will come... obviously. Let's see what happens.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:41   #645
BHPian

Quote:
So if u can live with ABS alone without airbag Rxl110 can be considered seriously for its performance as 110 power with sixth gear is a boom for highway drive and u may get better mileage also.
The expression "if you can live with..." is scary in this context!! Hope nobody gets to put that condition to test!

Six gears apparently don't make up for the bumped up power in terms of FE, going by ARAI figures. The 85 is marginally more efficient, if that counts at all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks