Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 12:14   #721
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Launch Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy1981 View Post
Raul, the green i was referring to is slightly of a different shade. On the french site this is called as olive green.

In your pictures the Red does look really neat with the after rain effect to the background...guess ill need to double check my color choice.
If only this colour is offered here ...
Green is a good colour, why don't manufacturers go for it? Is it because of the army colour conflicts? We are not asking for camouflage patterns

Is there any confirmation about the steel wheels? Is this the wheel RXL will get?
Old 20th July 2012, 12:38   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
If

Is there any confirmation about the steel wheels? Is this the wheel RXL will get?
With so much enthusiasm around the product, I wish Renault were more transparent and post complete pics of all variants and put an end to speculation. Dunno if companies are so insecure or cost conscious or what...I wish they would put themselves in place of the consumer and decide if they are comfortable with the information they have shared so far. well you can give them technology but can't cure attitude.

Hopefully the T-bhp official review (un) covers all these questions, or people taking first deliveries post a good deal of info and pics.

On a different note, if the wanderers come with white lettering am gonna flip them to be on the outside, think that adds a little more to the looks dept.
Old 20th July 2012, 13:17   #723
BHPian

I have been following news and developments about the Renault Duster on Team-BHP and other sources since I first came to know about the vehicle in ACI magazine over a year ago.

I sometimes have to make highway trips (though not over very long distances) and go to under-developed parts of our country and most of the roads I have to take are downright nightmarish. I have had the cat-con of a Maruti Suzuki Zen busted on a highway from hell with loose boulders and big stones while the car was doing less than 10 kmph!

Due to the nature of the roads I have to take for my travels both within the cities and outside of them, my first requirement for a new car was high ground clearance. When you come to think of it, there are not many options for that simple need within my budget on the sane side of 10 lacs. I was never too eager for the Scorpio because - and I'm speaking only for myself - it lacked good ride quality, which is my second requirement. Up until now, high ground clearance and good ride quality have seemed mutually exclusive to me. But then last Saturday I test drove the Duster!

And boy am I excited! I took it down the broken service road instead of the highway and the ride was simply outstanding. My wife sitting in the back couldn't believe we were on the same road that she could see outside of her window. I didn't find the turbo-lag terrible, and I mostly drive petrol cars. It behaves like a much smaller hatch and steers how you want it to. Plus it gives you great confidence while you steer it, though I have to say I'm not a high speed guy. I don't know whether it was the feedback from the wheel or the good manners of the vehicle, but it really gave me confidence. That is one intangible that I didn't get from other cars. Maybe it's because I'm low-tech when it comes to cars.

I am going for the 85PS RxE. I know it lacks safety features, and I'm a big advocate of safety, but I just don't have the budget for it. Those of you who can, please go for the ABS + Airbags loaded versions.

I'm just waiting for the Team-BHP review before putting down the money, though I doubt whether the mods would be able to get their hands on the 85PS variants.
snkjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 13:57   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
shankar what is you opinion about black? you have not mentioned about it.

In respect to Rxl(o) where you get the roof rails, foot rails in black and body colored mirrors & door handle. Do any body have this model photo please do share it here.
@sathya: check out the video here, I think they have TDed the 85 RXL as well.

@snkjr: I guess the TBHP mods were also invited to the Munnar meet and doubt too that they would have seen the 85 version.

I mean, Renault is not showing any other version that the 110 RXZ ! what is wrong with these guys..?!
Old 20th July 2012, 15:06   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
@sathya: check out the video here, I think they have TDed the 85 RXL as well.

I don't see any link to 85 Rxl test drive video.

Just now on the way to MountRoad Chennai I went to the Renault showroom to inquire about Rxl85ps the sales guy clearly said there will no 85ps till this month end and only in the first week of next month it will available for test as well as delivery. About petrol it may take even latter as per his knowledge.

Now the big question is did our moderators lay their hands on 85ps or not anybody to clarify please.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th July 2012 at 21:30. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:26   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash

Just now on the way to MountRoad Chennai I went to the Renault showroom to inquire about Rxl85ps the sales guy clearly said there will no 85ps till this month end and only in the first week of next month it will available for test as well as delivery.
So you have been chasing these guys for clarity? Something is not normal if a company needs a month to deliver it's first lot of vehicles to even pre-booked customers with a variant of their choice. I'm sensing that even renault are ill-equipped to handle the amount of bookings that duster is generating. On one hand, they have a beauty of a vehicle, albeit slightly over priced,an overzealous market booking left right and centre,and on the other hand they are not even able to deliver a single lot and need a lead time of 30 days for even pre-booked customers.
@ Satyaprakash If this is the fate of us pre-booked customers, I dread to think what will happen to the guys who are booking now.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:49   #727
Senior - BHPian

Autoexpress UK have reviewed the basic (base version) Duster Access 1.6L petrol (sold under Dacia brand in UK), & seem impressed with the vehicle. Here is the link to he report:

Dacia Duster Access | Auto Express

Hope this helpful to those buying the Duster, especially the petrol version.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:56   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy

So you have been chasing these guys for clarity? Something is not normal if a company needs a month to deliver it's first lot of vehicles to even pre-booked customers with a variant of their choice. I'm sensing that even renault are ill-equipped to handle the amount of bookings that duster is generating. On one hand, they have a beauty of a vehicle, albeit slightly over priced,an overzealous market booking left right and centre,and on the other hand they are not even able to deliver a single lot and need a lead time of 30 days for even pre-booked customers.
@ Satyaprakash If this is the fate of us pre-booked customers, I dread to think what will happen to the guys who are booking now.
When I pre booked my Ertiga well before the launch date it took my dealer exactly 1 month to deliver my vehicle post launch date. I reckon Renault is following a similar strategy of taking their time to gauge bookings and prioritise orders.
Old 20th July 2012, 16:39   #729
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Driven-Tweel > Hope our doubts get cleared by this time tomorrow by our moderators by the way, can anybody give a scoop whether the review includes 85 or as some one here suggested 85 may not be available for test till this month end.
Unfortunately, I haven't driven the 85 yet. It is very strange for a manufacturer to launch a car with 3 engine options, but make only 1 available for test-drives to potential customers & the media. There were 14 Dusters at the driving event, all of them 110 PS!

Not to worry though, will be driving the 85 & the petrol in a couple of days.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 16:44   #730
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thanks that's a relief, as there would be some insight on the neglected version as well, considering Petrol base & Diesel top versions' test drives by independent sources are already up.
Old 20th July 2012, 16:49   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How are you getting access to these vehicles? Has Renault organized a second event?

Very good news of us. Very soon we will be reading the official review of all
engine options and will get to see photographs of the 85PS(O) version.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 20th July 2012 at 16:54.
Old 20th July 2012, 16:58   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Will be driving the 85 & the petrol in a couple of days.
I have been literally counting the days till the "3rd Saturday of July". Per Post.

Will definitely wait a little longer for the 85 ps review & the official 110 ps review ! Hope Renault is providing TBHP enough support for the Test Drives.

Took a second test drive of the 110 ps today & came back happy with the duster's response to
a) driving in choke-a-block city traffic (thanks to Indica in making my left leg strong enough though) &
b) pulling power on inclines (tested a couple of gradients in hyderabad banjara hills area where my Indica usually moans)

& another gentleman literally brought his golf bag to check the boot space. (He went back happy too )

Last edited by DieselDon : 20th July 2012 at 17:04.
Old 20th July 2012, 17:13   #733
BHPian

Quote:

Hey GTO,

Thanks for the update!. Given that a lot of people are interested in the "Rxl 85 PS + Option Pack", would be good for the review to cover this engine.

So, will the official review be up only after you get your hands on the 85 PS variant? So are we looking at a Monday-Tuesday kinda timeline here? Or is it going to be later than that?

Regards,
Abhi
Old 20th July 2012, 17:17   #734
BHPian

Selling a higher variant in the beginning is a very common trick employed by most manufacturers. I remember when I was in the market for buying the Vista, a car which also came with 3 engines. In the initial days post the launch Concorde only had the Quadrajet for test drive. After 15 days there was a petrol car for TD and after almost 2 months they had the TDI for test drives.
Am sure Renault is following the same strategy. They might be worried that people might not bother about the engine and go for the 85 BHP car.
Old 20th July 2012, 17:35   #735
BHPian

I think Rxl in black will look like in the below photo plus the steel wheel in Rxe from this photo
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Launch Report-uioooooouyy.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp jjkioo.bmp (870.9 KB, 8312 views)

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 20th July 2012 at 17:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed