Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 09:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: HM adds new tech to Mitsubishi Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I only see MapMyIndia making business rather than HM doing!
How ? car should sell na
Old 13th July 2012, 10:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Did they raise the prices on account of this change, if yes then this is really killing an almost killed excellent sedan. Mitsubishi has always been the slowest of the Japanese in India and possibly they need a learn about aggressive product road-map and investments from the rest of the Japanese manufacturers (read Toyota, Honda, and Suzuki).

Sometimes its sad to see such wonderful cars not making an impact that they deserve due to bad pricing, and bad overall strategy.
Old 13th July 2012, 14:32   #18
BHPian

I test drove a cedia recently and I have to admit, in my opinion it completely blows away all of the petrol cars in the 8.5L price range. It has the refinement and quality on par with my Civic, and is far more fun to drive than my civic, probably the most fun to drive of any car short of 25lacs. I simply cannot believe that its under 9lacs.

If I were buying a car today, the cedia would be my choice.
Harbir is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 15:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I test drove a cedia recently and I have to admit, in my opinion it completely blows away all of the petrol cars in the 8.5L price range. It has the refinement and quality on par with my Civic, and is far more fun to drive than my civic, probably the most fun to drive of any car short of 25lacs. I simply cannot believe that its under 9lacs.

If I were buying a car today, the cedia would be my choice.
bang on. that's the point. people bash mitsu b/c they have not driven it. Any one who has tried Cedia will be blown by its characteristics. I bought it some 4 yrs ago after test driving all other cars civic, corolla, city, verna and blah blah. No car comes any where near cedia in deptt of fun to drive. May be Evo can.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:32   #20
BHPian

Mitsubishi seems to have a plan.
What they are doing is suffocating HM to get Independence, once HM ends up wreaked in BFR, wash their hands and start fresh with a clean slate having total ownership and control.
This signals the end for Bombay Club members who managed majority ownership in joint venture, by just managing the Indian babu class.
Press note.1/No-objection certificate are passe.
Now the babu class has embraced change and are offering majority ownership.

And Indian junta just like before independence knows deep inside the value in products made by MNC.
Old 13th July 2012, 16:52   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I test drove a cedia recently and I have to admit, in my opinion it completely blows away all of the petrol cars in the 8.5L price range. It has the refinement and quality on par with my Civic, and is far more fun to drive than my civic, probably the most fun to drive of any car short of 25lacs.
Interesting.
It's even better than the vRS and the Linea T-Jet, you mean?
I have not driven the Cedia, hence asking you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
bang on. that's the point. people bash mitsu b/c they have not driven it. Any one who has tried Cedia will be blown by its characteristics. I bought it some 4 yrs ago after test driving all other cars civic, corolla, city, verna and blah blah. No car comes any where near cedia in deptt of fun to drive. May be Evo can.
Corolla, City and Verna are not driver's cars anyway. Civic - I don't know, may be.

But for Cedia to shine, it should cut the metal with Linea T-jet, Laura TSi/vRS, Ford Fiesta Classic, Octy TPi and the erstwhile Hyundai Elantra CRDi.

And even though Mitsu cars are known to be driver's delights, that's a little different aspect to this thread title (and HM can take no credit for it, that's Mitsu genes). What HM can control, they have successfully ruined - e.g. pricing, brand building, service network, attitude, etc. wouldn't you agree?

GPS, 4 speakers and air-bags is "new tech"???
Come on HM...give us a break.
Old 13th July 2012, 16:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Interesting.

And even though Mitsu cars are known to be driver's delights, that's a little different aspect to this thread title (and HM can take no credit for it, that's Mitsu genes). What HM can control, they have successfully ruined - e.g. pricing, brand building, service network, attitude, etc. wouldn't you agree?
Come on HM...give us a break.
Sorry for going OT. yes, agree completely on HM part. they have been ruining the mitsu brand for decades.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

What new tech? These are more or less aftermarket add-ons. Anyone can get them fitted in the car later on, why else do we have so many car-puter threads after all? What a way to kill a car. Reading the news, you can't help but laugh at HM-Mitsubishi. They have a flair for spoiling some super snazzy cars/products I liked the Lancer a lot, but the company killed it.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:14   #24
BHPian

Cedia is really an interesting car to drive, I had it for 4 years and enjoyed every bit of it. I had to sell it because I started doing 70kms a day and I bought a cruze. When compared to Cedia I dont like Cruze at all, I am contemplating to sell the cruze and buy a cedia again. The savings that I would make (against a 15 L diesel car), I will spend it on petrol and enjoy it.
You have to drive it and own it. It kind of grows on you. Man I do miss cedia.
Car&me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 17:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Interesting.
It's even better than the vRS and the Linea T-Jet, you mean?
I have not driven the Cedia, hence asking you.
I don't see how I could mean that. The vRS costs twice as much as the cedia and as far as I know, the civic is neither more refined nor more fun to drive than that, so I don't see how my statement logically implies that the cedia is better than the the vRS. I have not driven the Linea T-jet so i can't comment on that. All I can say is that interior of the Linea is hideous compared to the Cedia's and the tata dealerships where I saw the vehicles have too downmarket a feel to attract my business.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:36   #26
BHPian

^ you only mentioned that its probably the most fun to drive car below 25 lakhs and hence was the question from the fellow BHPian

I am sure the rally experience is coming into play here. They must be experts at tuning the chassis and suspension.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:49   #27
BHPian

oh sorry, I didn't realize. my apologies. I didn't think of that. on fun to drive between cedia and vRS, I offer no comment. the skoda is a lot of fun, but which is more fun, I can't honestly say. The cedia is certainly more sporty than the fake vRS they're selling here now in terms of how agile and willing to change direction it is. Whether the skoda claws its own back with its superior engine over the cedia's sportier chassis, I can't say because I haven't driven the skoda in a very long time.
Old 14th July 2012, 04:28   #28
BHPian

The Cedia like the old 'Lancer' is an amazing handler. Mitsubishi, being a japanese brand failed in India, thanks to HM.

Really old guys at management, probably find cameras and screens in a car really flashy. Hopefully next news article "shouldn't" read, HM adds new tech Ambassador.

I wanted in on the HM bashing fun.
Old 14th July 2012, 05:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

I have driven both Cedia, Civic and Laura Tsi (Not the vRS), to me the Civic felt more sporty and agile where as in Cedia it felt heavy and solid. The steering on Cedia was much more heavier than Civic at low speeds.

On the suspensions, Cedia was much harder, and one could feel the road undulations, this might mean it may feel more planted at higher speeds but on speeds ~100 the Civic offered more comfortable ride.

Its a great car, has its own positives, which is completely shadowed by go-no-where strategy of HM and Mitsu.

Skoda on the other hand was absolute fun, and amazing to drive, perfect engine+gear box, with very good suspensions.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 14th July 2012 at 05:18.
Old 14th July 2012, 06:44   #30
BHPian

Whether the Cedia is more or less fun to drive than the civic or the Laura is not the most relevant question. What is relevant is that it absolutely BLOWS AWAY all the competition in its price range.

The fact that so many supposedly driving enthusiasts on this forum are buying its competition while this car is trashed on the forum indicates a disconnect from the reality of this car.

Most Viewed