Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 23:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range

Splendid !!! Jessie007 , Iam sure this exhaustive write up and the thread will be a very good referral point going forward for many people .
Old 20th October 2013, 05:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Terrific comparison, you were bang on as far as target goes, the middle-class which means me! can look at only these cars, this comparo is an eye-opener. I used to do it a little simple, look for models that have power steering, air-conditioning as standard and compare them, because everything else can be added on later, yes, not ABS, EBD etc but I meant leather seats, power windows etc.

And yes, please consider squeezing the Bolero into this list, its a cult vehicle for me atleast
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:45   #33
BHPian

[quote=paragsachania;3269541]
[quote=ganesc;3269550]
[quote=deep_bang;3269551]

Thanks for the info - will update in the main post in due course

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Never noticed the torque spread statistics earlier. No wonder Innovas are so quick in the city! The Grande is a big surprise!
That is why Innova is a favourite - top end performance is not required in our cities or highways and for legal speed limits the Innova suffices. Only the price is quite high (and ever increasing) and it seems like Toyota is milking Indian customers, but we'll never really know until there is a credible competitor in the MUV segment.

Even though the Sumo Grande has a good spread of torque available from low RPM, the high kerb weight blunts its performance - tata motors needs to shed some weight for all its S/MUVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Splendid !!! Jessie007 , I am sure this exhaustive write up and the thread will be a very good referral point going forward for many people .
Thanks - that is the intention, to present a thorough comparison of S/MUVs in a consolidated manner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
And yes, please consider squeezing the Bolero into this list, its a cult vehicle for me atleast
The Bolero no doubt is a hardy vehicle and, as I mentioned in my previous post, is more of a utilitarian vehilce and bought regardless of any promotion by the prospective buyers. Bolero sells in good numbers and stays amongst the top 10 vehicles every month on the sales chart and this is quite an achievement for a fairly old vehicle. Sumo Gold also falls into that category and I believe these mostly sell in cities requiring BSIII compliance, even though they have BSIV compliant variants.
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 12:31   #34
BHPian

Brilliant work- makes life much easier for those of us in the market.
By the way would it be possible to include turning radius in the comparison- gives a good feel for urban practicality of the car.
Once again many thanks.
rudraksh2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 21:10   #35
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
M/SUVs in Rs.12-14 lakhs price range XUV 5OO
Excellent compilation, jessie007. Just a correction: XUV500 W8 FWD is equipped with cruise control. Today, I had TD. Kindly correct the cell AB51 from N to Y.
  (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 10:45   #36
BHPian

Since the MUV space has become more interesting with the launch of the Mobilio, it calls for a revised comparison of MUVs in the 7-10 lakhs price range.

Most of the information has been collated from the manufacturers’ website for their respective cars and their brochures (so it is liable to change anytime at manufacturer’s discretion). Inclusion of some models & exclusion of others are solely on my personal criteria for comparison.

Click on an image to enlarge / zoom:

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-1.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-2.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-3.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-4.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-5.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-6.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-7.jpg

P.S. Please report to me any anomalies in the comparison, as owners of these models would have a better idea and even the manufacturers also sometimes inadvertently don’t give the complete information or the details are mentioned incorrectly in their communication (online / brochure). I have tried to cover all possible features, but if any have been left out owners can point it out, preferably with supporting pictures (and remember they should be of same variant compared here). Please note that we are considering only the latest variants of the respective cars, say 2014 model and not the earlier ones or the ones that are no longer produced.

Last edited by jessie007 : 29th July 2014 at 10:48.
jessie007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 13:55   #37
BHPian

The launch of the Scorpio has reinvigorated the SUV/MUV space. Following is a features comparison which includes vehicles in the Rs 9 to under 12 lakhs price range.

Please click on any sheet to enlarge / zoom

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s1.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s2.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s3.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s4.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s5.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s6.jpg

Compared! MUVs & SUVs from the 7 - 14 lakh price range-s7.jpg

P.S. Please report to me any anomalies in the comparison, as owners of these models would have a better idea and even the manufacturers also sometimes inadvertently don’t give the complete information or the details are mentioned incorrectly in their communication (online / brochure). I have tried to cover all possible features, but if any have been left out owners can point it out, preferably with supporting pictures (and remember they should be of same variant compared here). Please note that we are considering only the latest variants of the respective cars, say 2014 model and not the earlier ones or the ones that are no longer produced.
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed