Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th July 2012, 22:48   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Government proposes annual renewal of driver's license & tax on possession of 2nd

what about those licenses which are already issued (such as mine, valid till 2022 i think) OR what about those sold cars for which RTO transfer has not happened? there are simply too many loose ends to implement this law.
i do not know of any country where license is issued on yearly basis (even for expats the license expiry is the expiry date of their visa) however car registration is renewed every year in many countries which if implemented in India would be a good thing (would help one amortize the payments over the period of ownership) since it would probably also come with ALL INDIA registration thingy.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 23:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Government proposes annual renewal of driver's license & tax on possession of 2nd

I look at this in a positive way. The average Joe does not care for traffic rules at all especially the biker. The average biker is impatient and tries to use even the footpath and "honks" at a pedestrian to give way (faced a situation today).

If this rule is implemented in-sync with more stringent Driving test and licenses are issues on Merit Only, it would hugely benefit the motoring community.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 00:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath
I look at this in a positive way. The average Joe does not care for traffic rules at all especially the biker. The average biker is impatient and tries to use even the footpath and "honks" at a pedestrian to give way (faced a situation today).

If this rule is implemented in-sync with more stringent Driving test and licenses are issues on Merit Only, it would hugely benefit the motoring community.
Sir that is just wishful thinking. When did anything happen in our country where a person of merit was given any credit? All the credit i see is being given to the one who can produce a bag full of cash at the drop of a hat.

If you visit any public offices these days all one gets to see are touts lurking around. The office clerks are also in collusion with these touts and hence if you dont grease the tout and subsequently the clerks, then none of your work gets done.

People have the least respect for honest persons these days. All they have respect for are pockets from which bundles of notes tumble out. These days a tie and suit wearing gentleman may as well be a criminal. This is the age of Ghor Kalyug. Only the good folk keep suffering every single day. Every single person i meet talks how the political class is just crushing the middle class. Yet some distinguished politician went on to say publicly that the middle class only knows how to cry.

I donot wish to speak on further as Im tired of seeing my beloved country being destroyed by "them who cannot be named". This policy cannot be a nail in the coffin because people have been saying this statement for every policy till date and this will only add up to that list.

May the rich and the poor continue to be the same and may the middle class be crushed and compressed till all the oil has been extracted from them to grease others hands. This is going to be the state for even more years to come. Anywayss'
JAI HIND!!
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 05:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Government proposes annual renewal of driver's license & tax on possession of 2nd

Before the government decides to increase any sort of taxes or impose new ones, the public needs to know how effectively the existing taxes are used and utilized. Its been ages we have been paying cess of various kinds from our annual income and i personally have seen negligible improvement on the ground. I would not be happy paying any more taxes, when i know all its probably going to do is increase compensation of our netas by another 30%.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote