Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 19:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Looks like M&M will repeat the Scorpio success once more....albeit with some improvements (I hope)
Old 26th April 2007, 19:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

if it is early 2008 release for the ingenio, the innova will be undisputed leader until next year,provided MM will give a tough fight..
Old 26th April 2007, 20:14   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

And the news , no one will believe .... A 220 bhp engine for the scorpio is in the pipe line ( duno wether a petrol / diesel ) ..... It may be for their EXPORT model ... not sure wether it will make it to the INDIAN market .

Last edited by karan561 : 26th April 2007 at 20:21.
Old 26th April 2007, 21:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
And the news , no one will believe .... A 220 bhp engine for the scorpio is in the pipe line ( duno wether a petrol / diesel ) ..... It may be for their EXPORT model ... not sure wether it will make it to the INDIAN market .
Great numbers....but sure will be dangerous on the current model with its braking and handling...
Old 27th April 2007, 00:15   #35
BHPian

Looks somewhere between a Trevra and a Innova.. The short bonnet and the long doors resembles the MUV class..
Old 27th April 2007, 13:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

Do I read that right??? 220 BHP on the present Scorpio - I have serious doubts this present model can handle that kind of power, but then yes if they improve / revise the chasis, braking & handling characteristics then it would really ROCK - mouthwatering figures - let's see when this turns to reality, but then like you say maybe it's for export only Time will tell, but sounds interesting. Just hope they don't go the Logan way i.e. is on a cost cutting spree - That would be suicidical

Cheers
Old 27th April 2007, 14:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Do I read that right??? 220 BHP on the present Scorpio - I have serious doubts this present model can handle that kind of power, but then yes if they improve / revise the chasis, braking & handling characteristics then it would really ROCK - mouthwatering figures - let's see when this turns to reality, but then like you say maybe it's for export only Time will tell, but sounds interesting. Just hope they don't go the Logan way i.e. is on a cost cutting spree - That would be suicidical Cheers
This engine could serve future models from Mahindra as well. As for the Scorpio, with a little help from the tuners at Lotus, anything is possible. Can we have ABS as well...?!
Old 1st May 2007, 15:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Do I read that right??? 220 BHP on the present Scorpio - I have serious doubts this present model can handle that kind of power, but then yes if they improve / revise the chasis, braking & handling characteristics then it would really ROCK - mouthwatering figures - let's see when this turns to reality, but then like you say maybe it's for export only Time will tell, but sounds interesting. Just hope they don't go the Logan way i.e. is on a cost cutting spree - That would be suicidical

Cheers
agree to that rocky. the current chasis CANNOT take that much power. Too much body roll. . .not enough grip. Anwyys scropio was never meant to be 'drivers' car.
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:04   #39
HSV
BHPian

Whooooaaaaahh mate! 220 bhp??!! From the current approx 115 bhp? Now thats a quantum jump for sure. That'd be nearly entering Porsche territory. I did read 140bhp somewhere... but 220 bhp? Thats seriously mouthwatering!!
Old 7th May 2007, 10:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
This engine could serve future models from Mahindra as well. As for the Scorpio, with a little help from the tuners at Lotus, anything is possible. Can we have ABS as well...?!
I heard that the primary reason for changing the engine was that Lotus complained about the vehicle being very front heavy, even when fully loaded. It made designing the front suspension difficult. Even with the current lotus revision, the heavy block and soft suspension makes the Scorp sort of lean forward everytime the brake is applied, causing a relatively jerky ride in stop-start traffic.

Lotus is itself a strange partner for solving SUV suspension problems . They've made low-slung, ultralights in composite monocoques for years.

The Scorpio could do with some better high speed dynamics. Hopefully Lotus or someone else can help there.
Old 14th November 2007, 09:59   #41

What u expect from Ingenio(Mahindra)?

Hello Guys...As of now...the only SUV type van on indian roads is INNOVA...Trends in the Indian Car Market keep changin from time to time...It started with small cars(Alto & 800)... then shifted to power small cars(Swift and Palio)...then came the SUv trend(Scorpio,Safari,Rhino,CRV)...and now the Suv type van (Innova)...The lastest to join the SUV type van list is Ingenio from the Mahindra Stable...Can we discuss as to what we actually expect from this latest vehicle(Ingenio) due on roads in coming few months(how many...only Mahindra can tell..Hehe)!!!!

Note from mod: threads merged, please use search function before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 14th November 2007 at 11:46.
Old 14th November 2007, 10:17   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suniljathar View Post
and now the Suv type van (Innova)...The lastest to join the SUV type van list is Ingenio from the Mahindra Stable...
Thought they were called MUV
Old 14th November 2007, 10:25   #43

Hehe...they were called MUV's...but were compared with SUV's...LOL...Innova sales r compared to Scorpio's
Old 14th November 2007, 10:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any spy pics of this M&M baby ?
Old 14th November 2007, 10:32   #45

spy pics wer posted days earlier...

Ask some1 for it...it was posted in Mags also...

Mods note: It doesn't take much of effort to type words properly. Please go through board rules please.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th November 2007 at 10:39. Reason: sms lingo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks