Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:33   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
do you know that accents, fiestas, skodas, innovas, camrys, accords and even mercs and Beemers are used as luxury taxis sporting yellow number plates? heven't you seen that. doesn't that bother you?
Oh yes, i do know. Even the Ikon which i drive seems to be a hit with the taxi segment, as of now, but that didnt stop me from buying it.

I still feel the Scorpio shouldnt be advertised as a taxi vehicle, and that the Ingenio should take over that market.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

I concur with ben. Once the Ingenio is out, M&M should promote the Scorpio as a recreational vehicle. The mHawk is a step in that direction. Waiting for the Grande vs Ingenio tussle to begin.
Old 10th February 2008, 01:25   #93
LLL
BHPian

M&M slows down Ingenio to add more features- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Mahindra slows down ingenio...maybe waiting for grande? but are tatas waiting for ingenio?
Old 10th February 2008, 16:53   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
M&M slows down Ingenio to add more features- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Mahindra slows down ingenio...maybe waiting for grande? but are tatas waiting for ingenio?
Looks like they were waiting for Sumo Grnade to come out so that they can launch a better one

the article tells
Company sources said: ”We are working on a new air conditioning system and Ingenio will have integrated rear air-vents"

for me it looks like a copy from Sumo Grande
Old 11th February 2008, 11:58   #95
BHPian

As per an interview at the auto expo , Mr. Goenka had indicated that Scorpio automatic may take 4-6 months. As per that , it sould be out in April- June 08. As per a statement in Sep 07 , again there was a mention about automatic scorpio. Anyone , has any news or, info about the same- please, share.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:30   #96
BHPian

As per Economics Times the Ingenio will be launched in Aug 2008.

Also a new Premium SUV (codenamed W201) by 2009 on a new platform above the Scorpio platform will be launched.

Source:

Mahindra & Mahindra to roll out Ingenio by August- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:26   #97
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
As per Economics Times the Ingenio will be launched in Aug 2008.

Also a new Premium SUV (codenamed W201) by 2009 on a new platform above the Scorpio platform will be launched.

Source:

Mahindra & Mahindra to roll out Ingenio by August- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Another marketing gimmick from m&m. i guess this news has been put out to discourage potential grande buyers and make them wait till august for ingenio.

m&m has not been able to fix scorpio problems despite launching it way back..not sure how ingenio is going to ride and handle. apart from that, they didnt care to give the new 2.2l engine in existing scorpio variants unlike tatas.
Old 24th February 2008, 12:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Sumo Grande vs Ingenio should be worth watching. Mahindra is apparently making last moment changes in the interior trims. Lets see if its
worth the wait. Grande seems to be lightning years ahead of its Last model
Old 4th March 2008, 11:24   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

do you know that accents, fiestas, skodas, innovas, camrys, accords and even mercs and Beemers are used as luxury taxis sporting yellow number plates? heven't you seen that. doesn't that bother you?
Beemers may not be in Taxi as product policy they dont allow taxi registration
Old 4th March 2008, 13:50   #100
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
Beemers may not be in Taxi as product policy they dont allow taxi registration
I am not sure about this one. I have seen Beemers at the Leela Bangalore used to ferry guests around
Old 10th March 2008, 21:42   #101
BHPian

hi. got this latest news that the ingenio is similar to the kia motor's rexton vehicle with increased interior space. it will be launched with the 2.2 mhawk engine without the air scoop on the bonnet. the air scoop will be introduced later.
Old 10th March 2008, 22:13   #102
BHPian

Is it Kia Rexton or SsangYong Rexton?

I read somewhere on the forum that M&M has a tie up with SsangYong. Also the pics of this SUV are very similar to the scoop photos published here by someone few days back.
Old 11th March 2008, 06:44   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay_ambre View Post
Is it Kia Rexton or SsangYong Rexton?

I read somewhere on the forum that M&M has a tie up with SsangYong. Also the pics of this SUV are very similar to the scoop photos published here by someone few days back.
Its not kia Rexton it is Ssang Yong Rexton.
Old 11th March 2008, 15:39   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Its not kia Rexton it is Ssang Yong Rexton.
Guys

Are you sure about this because this thing is a beauty, it will kill everything in sight may it be the Scorp, safari, grande, Innova or the tavera, it can even kill the Vitara, endy, captiva & crv.

This cant be true, please confirm
Old 11th March 2008, 18:09   #105
Senior - BHPian

ranc, the Ingenio is definitely not the Rexton. I think the speculation is that the Ingenio might look like the Rexton. But, the profile looks more MUV from the spy shots we have seen. M&M did toy with the idea of bringing in the Rexton a few years back.

Most Viewed