Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 02:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Amidst downturn, Ford India expands engine plant capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
This must be inline to Ford India's plans to launch the Eco sport SUV in near future and hopefully the Fiesta hatch.

Was suprised by the company statement that customers are discouraged by waiting periods. On what models is the company referring to?
Need not be specfic to Ford products I guess, I would rather see it as a generic statements which holds good from a customer point of view. I dont mind extrapolating that statement and hope that statement was aimed at the Ecosport sales forecast!

A good move nevertheless. Looks like Ford doesn't want to lose a single customer on account of delay in delivery. They probably could have been following the Duster launch & the delivery issues and may not want such a situation for Ecosport.

Edit:: Infact it would be nice from the government's part to introduce some restrictions on the manufacturers who have waiting periods for more than 3 or 4 months! Something like a booking closure once the backlog is more than the specified period. This will make sure the manufacturers invest more in expansion and bring down the waiting periods!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th September 2012 at 02:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks