Team-BHP - Will SMART be launched in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Will SMART be launched in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12380-will-smart-launched-india.html)

Hey all

This is my first post to the group. I was at Hamburg and notice many SMART cars from Daimler. especially the two door versions. Would any of you have any idea if this will be launced in India? I guess, even if it is a small car 2 door version will be 5+ lacs!

Any comments?

Possibility of the launch of Smart is doubtful, when compared to the pricing in Europe! Its expensive!!!

We already have a smart look alike here! Anybody remember the little mobile ashtray called Reva?!lol:

Seeing how popular (or unpopular) it is in here, do you really think people are going to warm up to the smart?! Its size and the decision most families take of going in for a car big enough for the whole family would surely make it bomb here. And yes, also its pricetag that really SMARTs!!!

Godspeed.

Alok.

if launched it would cater to a very niche market...... the car is pretty spacious on the inside though the fact that it holds only two passengers and looks kinda like a rikshaw wont really help it here

smart is got a very efficient engine and the specs are too good .I hope the car is brought here without all the frills in the european models

wish it were ...good solution to india's crowded roads............but i think it's an expensive car for its size........

Its far too expensive, too costly to run and ultimately pointless to launch it here.

Smart is too expensive. It is unlikely to be launched in India.
However, our autos are even smarter! Don't you agree? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik
Hey all

This is my first post to the group. I was at Hamburg and notice many SMART cars from Daimler. especially the two door versions. Would any of you have any idea if this will be launced in India? I guess, even if it is a small car 2 door version will be 5+ lacs!

Any comments?

as far as i know the smart was imported in india by a new delhi dealer (who i guess is bmw's official dealer now) and at that it costed a whopping 11 LAKH!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by salilpawar1
as far as i know the smart was imported in india by a new delhi dealer (who i guess is bmw's official dealer now) and at that it costed a whopping 11 LAKH!!!!

WOW! Guess this car is only for the SMART's cult followers. IMO, no individual person in his right state of mind would by it, unless he's got too much money to blow!

Godspeed.

Alok.

DCIL has no plans to launch the smart in india in the recent future as they cant price it competetively. :)

Smart will be very expensive if it's launched here.
And the maintenance will be on the higher side too.

Where will DCIL find buyers in India other than us BHPians? Remember the Zen 2 doors? It was very hard to sell those odd 300 cars!

I think it's a good car to be sold as specific import! DCIL should launch it as a 'brought against order' import. So the highly rich Ladies can drive it to their high heeled parties.

well it will be way exp for our market. our erratic traffic can turn it down to shambles.

BMW should launch the MINI Cooper before the Smart car is launched. The MINI is a class apart.:)

I was with a Director of DCIL yesterday and asked him about this.. DCIL has ABSOLUTELY NO plans of getting the Smart to India in the foreseeable future..