Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 20:56   #16
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

Definitely looks interesting. I have always had a soft spot for the Logan. The taxi-image is the only thing that is really hurting this vehicle. A few variants (with distinct design exterior elements) should not have been available in the taxi segment. Individual owners would have appreciated that.
Old 26th July 2012, 20:57   #17
BHPian

A nice refresh given by Mahindra. Let's wait how it looks on the roads. However seems to have better presence than the earlier model.

What Mahindra now needs to do is, keep the older model in production just for the Meru/Easy cab folks, else this refresh will still not hold any value for personal users.

Personally feel that the dash design should have been changed completely. Thoughtful thinking on the Power Windows buttons.

I think the model in picture is the top end. However I do not see the Bluetooth feature inbuilt. If that's the case, they need to seriously think about it or maybe will include it in upgrade versions 2 years down the line.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 20:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

The problem with this car is that this car has no future. Logan platform is owned by Renault and they gave rights for the the current gen Logan to Mahindra in its rename Avtaar Verito. So this update though a decent job at the end of the days boils down to a bolt on "jugaad" done to a dating platform to keep interest alive. But how long can Mahindra keep selling this platform and what is the future product line to replace this.... remains unanswered.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 21:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent photographs.
The car looks much better than Dzire or Manza.
Is an official review coming out?
Old 26th July 2012, 21:16   #20
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2012 at 15:21.
Ashley Nair is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2012, 21:32   #21
BHPian

I incidentally went to the M&M showroom today(Dada Motors) evening to get a rear camera installed in my XUV5OO, not knowing anything about the impending launch of the new Verito. I was surprised to see a "new" car displayed where the XUV5OO is usually displayed, and it was the new Verito. Also the now previous gen Verito was also displayed in a back corner. My first impressions on seeing the new car was externally it seems more stylish, and the somewhat boxy look the previous gen model had is not there now to an extent(my opinion). The front looks good with all the chrome(Yes I'm an indian!) but i really loved the rear and its flowing line from the middle of each tail lamp.
I did not like the moustache like chrome design in the previous gen verito and even i don't like it in my XUV5OO, so i am glad they have done something better. I didn't get to see much of the interior as many people were sitting inside the car for a change(very surprising because whenever i go to a M&M showroom, people generally only crowd the XUV5OO and sometimes the Thar). I and my two friends both thought that the exteriors, especially the rear end look much better than the outgoing car without doubt.
On asking the sales guy, he said that they had only received the display car, and said that he had no idea when booking/delivery will commence as the car had just been displayed two hours ago. But there was an exchange bonus on the old gen model though, of about INR 20k.

Last edited by abhinavinc : 26th July 2012 at 21:40. Reason: Typo
abhinavinc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 22:21   #22
BHPian

My, my! The choices keep increasing in the C1 segment! I had pretty much decided to get a DZire ZDi. Then Kryptonite's thread on the Rapid started taking my aspirations higher. Verito which I didn't consider because of its looks, is definitely now on the shortlist with the facelift (ofcourse, need to see it in the flesh).

With the Manesar plant shutdown and long waiting period for the DZire, I might choose the Verito, especially if they have sorted out the hard clutch.

Under-performance, I'm thinking can be tackled with a Racing Dynamics Dieseltronic or a Pete's box!

What say, team-bhp?
Old 26th July 2012, 23:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

What Mahindra now needs to do is, keep the older model in production just for the Meru/Easy cab folks, else this refresh will still not hold any value for personal users.
I don't quite agree with that. Most of the hotels use BMW cabs which look no different than the regular bmw's. Does that stop people from buying a BMW?

Similar to Etios. Etios is now very popular as a cab. I don't see sales reducing just because it is being used as a cab.

And why should the cabbies get the older model? This is a very minor facelift and merely cosmetic. It does nothing to hide the age of outdated Logan. I doubt sales will drastically go up with this change.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 08:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Pricing opportunity missed, even with the diesel one. Even though it looks much better now, improvement in looks alone wont get people to the showrooms.

They probably needed to get to the Indigo CS band. They also have a shorter verito waiting to tackle that, wonder if bringing that and this one together would have been better.
Old 27th July 2012, 08:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

The new verito certainly looks good as compared to the outgoing model. It has somewhat lost that charecteristic boxy structure which is a great news.
One disadvantage is that the airbags and ABS are again available in just the top end variant (D6) like most other cars in this segment. And spending around 7.5 lacs for this top end model and that to a verito (I am saying this because of its 'taxi image') doesnt quite make sense to me.

Last edited by dZired : 27th July 2012 at 08:42.
Old 27th July 2012, 08:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

I like this upgrade! Verito looks better than Manza and Dzire now.

I had a look at Verito website. The starting price for BS4 petrol is 5.23L and BS4 diesel is 6.22L.
New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-veritoprices.jpg
Are prices not updated to what is mentioned on this thread?
Old 27th July 2012, 08:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Don't know if this TVC of the Facelifted Verito is being aired on any of the TV channels (it's a long one @ 5 mins), but it is a simple one, highlighting the down to earth underpinnings of this no nonsense car.

Old 27th July 2012, 08:51   #28
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is a very minor facelift and merely cosmetic. It does nothing to hide the age of outdated Logan. I doubt sales will drastically go up with this change.
The Etios looks much more "Boxier" than the Verito IMHO. I am seeing more Etios Taxis these days, as against privately owned ones.

Etios looked outdated the day it was launched! No offence meant to the owners though.

I am sure Mahindra will use the platform / License available with them to make it more up to date in the Future.
Actually the new one looks a lot better compared to the "Original Dacia Logan".
The price point is also quiet competitive and since this is full fledged sedan, I am sure there will a lot of people considering this.

The competition is also quiet outdated. Ford Classic has been there for a long time as well as the Manza. The only new generation car in this lot is the Dzire and we know the waiting period!
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 09:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Don't know if this TVC of the Facelifted Verito is being aired on any of the TV channels (it's a long one @ 5 mins), but it is a simple one, highlighting the down to earth underpinnings of this no nonsense car.
This is not the face-lifted Verito. This is the pre-face lift one.
Old 27th July 2012, 09:43   #30
BHPian

This car deserves better. I have a Logan for the past five years and must say i am very happy with the car. The rear seat space the boot and ride quality are still unmatched in this segment. Also the car has aged well. No rattles squeaks and the engine is still as good as new ( must admit it is sparingly used ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks