Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 14:38   #61
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The turning circle dia is horrendous, how did the Verito handle on the sharp curves then.
I haven't ridden a Vento/Rapid/Linea through those particular curves, but the Verito was able to hug them and change direction quite easily in the Esses. For someone who has had a Palio 1.6 GTX and a Santro before, I think at sane speeds, the Verito is more than up to the task. Taking it out to a track day is a different matter altogether. With respect to the turning circle every C1 sedan and above (except for the Dzire, which is out of reach now) has as big a turning circle. I plan to keep the Santro and use that for inner-city runs on congested roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Except for an overdose of Chrome, there's nothing new in the new Verito that pulls it away from the taxi image. My personal opinion.

I agree the chrome is a bit too much in the photos, but I've seen the White as well as Silver versions and the chrome doesn't seem so bad (in the flesh) on the lighter colours. I am planning to go for the Red or the Black, and will ask them to remove the bottom Chrome bit in the front grill.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

Good to get a nice round up by a BHPian which is anytime more credible than anyone else. Just noticed, is that Daylight running lights at the bottom of the headlight assembly or its just a design rendering?

Yes the chrome is a bit too much on the higher side and the empty chrome in the middle looks like it has broken a teeth while coming out of the assembly line. The rear looks as uninspiring as before and could have been designed better.
Old 7th August 2012, 14:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Just noticed, is that Daylight running lights at the bottom of the headlight assembly or its just a design rendering?
I too noticed it only when I uploaded the photos . But I don't think Mahindra would put DRLs and not mention it in the marketing brochures. So I think it is just a design rendering

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Yes the chrome is a bit too much on the higher side and the empty chrome in the middle looks like it has broken a teeth while coming out of the assembly line. The rear looks as uninspiring as before and could have been designed better.
Yes, I agree, it looks like a mouth with teeth missing. Don't know why they don't have a plain mesh in the grill. It would be so much more elegant.

With respect to the rear, I think it is a lot better, with the license number being moved to the boot from the bumper.

Either way, it is not going to win any beauty contests. I think only the Linea would win beauty contests for sedans below 10 lakhs.

Last edited by anoop.mathew : 7th August 2012 at 14:53. Reason: Removed extra smiley
Old 7th August 2012, 15:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Im sure the chassis cant take the higher powered engine.......... .
I use a Logan, and I dont think I agree with this assessment. The Logan is built well and can take the higher powered engine, in my opinion. The chassis and the body is built well, much better than many of the other sedans in this class. You can see the proof of the structural quality in the many Logan cabs that has completed 4 lakh Kms.....
Old 7th August 2012, 17:45   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the new Verito at a Mahindra dealer. I haven't seen the earlier Verito, but since a friend owns a Logan i have spent good amount of time driving it.

Compared to old Logan, the switchgear especially the HVAC controls look and feel much better. The flat rear bench is still good enough to seat 4 adults, but the door handles now intrude into passenger space.

Mechanicals remain unchanged. Overall a solid tried tested ultra reliable no nonsense sedan at a VFM price.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 17:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Too much of chrome in the grille.
Indians love chrome but has to be done tastefully.

I simply do not understand how Mahindra keeps getting the front grille portion wrong in almost all the models it has.

Sheer irony that the best front grille is the one on Thar.
Simple and sweet.
Old 7th August 2012, 18:30   #67
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked out the new Verito.

Felt it was signficantly refreshed compared to the earlier one though still on a diet it somehow does not feel too much like a cost cutting venture like the etios or the earlier logan and verito.

That said it could have been priced a bit better. It no doubt will prove to be a very reliable and practical vehicle. It does take on the Manza, Etios and Dzire quite well and should perform better in the near to mid term. Mahindra has added it's expertize to an already sturdy vehicle to make it better. Slightly better pricing could have had it more much faster.
Old 18th September 2012, 17:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

If this was the new Verito, it would've given a tough competition at least on looks. Here is the 2013 Dacia Logan. Same side panels, only a purposeful facelift that's mature.
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-75191_487272731297038_299110434_n.jpg  

swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 21:29   #69
BHPian

Wow! thats a good V2.0! Mahindra can try to get this one to India to really challenge the Etios and Dzire.
Old 18th September 2012, 21:44   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Wow! thats a good V2.0! Mahindra can try to get this one to India to really challenge the Etios and Dzire.
If I understand correctly, Mahindra have only retained the rights to the last generation Logan (Meru/EasyCab shape) plus the workhorse Renault 1.5lt 65bhp FGT dCI engine.

All other Dacia or Renault designs are back with Renault India now. Maybe Renault will examine bringing this in between the Pulse and the Fluence.
Old 18th September 2012, 21:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice and smart!

If Renault can get this here for around the same price as the Verito, then we have a winner

http://www.netcarshow.com/dacia/2013-logan/

Last edited by Mpower : 18th September 2012 at 21:51.
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 21:58   #72
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Looks nice and smart!

If Renault can get this here for around the same price as the Verito, then we have a winner

http://www.netcarshow.com/dacia/2013-logan/
There is trouble with that. Logan/Verito brand has become so synonymous with the taxi scene that the "premium" feel Renault is trying to bring here will be lost. All we can realistically hope for is maybe this lower spec K9K engine appearing in a cheaper version of Sunny/Scala that is priced closer to the Verito.
Old 19th October 2012, 22:04   #73
BHPian

Hello BHPians!

This is my first post on Team BHP!

I am planning to purchase a sedan for my family in Bangalore with a budget of approx. 7 Lakh (ex-showroom). The expected distance of travel would be ~1000 km/month. I am indifferent between petrol & diesel and am contemplating between Nissan Sunny RXL (Petrol) and Mahindra Verito D6.

Took a test trive of Verito today. The car seems pretty well built (though the absence of passenger side air-bag dampened my confidence a bit). On the looks department, it certainly is not a show-stealer but the current model looks much better than its previous avtar. Also, I guess the look grows on you.

The salesman allowed me to take a test-drive for about 4-5 km with roads ranging from bumper to bumper traffic to an empty stretch of state highway. I was 'allowed' to accelerate on the speed-breakers to test the suspensions as well. The car seems well grounded. The ride quality was pretty decent. Didnt feel any sound/vibrations inside the car. The interiors are pretty bland but again, these tend to grow on you. I am satisfied with the road-behavior of the car. My family members on the passenger seats behind were pretty satisfied with the rear space and leg-room. The only issues that I noticed were: (a) A hard power steering (b) Bad & difficult to reach horn (c) Just 2 speakers even on the top-end D6 variant (d) absence of passenger side air-bag (e) No steering mounted controls.

Overall, the car seems a decent buy. It is available for about 7 lakh (ex-showroom). Current festival offer entitles one to get the insurance charges waived-off.

Would appreciate suggestions from other members as well! Will keep you all posted on my next steps....

Cheers!
Old 19th October 2012, 22:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
Hello BHPians!
Overall, the car seems a decent buy. It is available for about 7 lakh (ex-showroom). Current festival offer entitles one to get the insurance charges waived-off.

Would appreciate suggestions from other members as well! Will keep you all posted on my next steps....

Cheers!
Its a LOVELY soul-killingly personality-less car for the price. But its total VFM and robust as hell. Its my current fav to replace the swift (decision on that in a week) though the missus hates the looks and to some extent, the rear seat.

Yes, the kit is quite barebones (the stereo is sad) and the plastic is quite cost-consciously dull and staid (but not as bad as some of the tata stuff).

But its total paisa vasool at the price. and that matters. Why else does it totally outsell the linea and even the SX4 IIRC, etc?
Old 20th October 2012, 16:49   #75
BHPian

I have noticed, that there arent enough reviews about Mahindra Verito on Team BHP of late. Is it a representation of declining car sales of the model? I mean, Etios has more coverage in terms of number of posts! I am seriously looking for some more feedback about Verito as I am contemplating to purchase the same. Requesting owners to share their experiences with the new Verito 2012....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks