Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:21   #106
BHPian

Re: New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

I can see many specuation on the Service Cost. I own a First Generation Logan 1.5 DLX with the ODO about to touch 1.1 L Km driven single handedly.
Routing Service Interval is at 10,000 Km but based on my usage and vehicle condition i normally stretch it at times to around 12k interval. Avg Cost Inclusive of Engine Oil replacement, Air Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter and General Service Charge and consumables will come to around INR. 5000, which translates to around 42 Paise per Km. I get a steady average of 17+ Kmpl with 100% AC in Bangalore City driving, translating to INR 3.23 per Km. Now with maintenance included the total per Km running cost comes to around INR 3.65. Which according to my usage is very hard to find amongst the other offerings in the Indian Market place with the typical USP of Space in Cabin & Boot and ruggedness of the Overall Vehicle and the way it rides overall Bangalore potholes.

Over the years i have found the following to be the downside of the vehicle from the mechanical points; Hard Clutch (however you can lug in 2nd Gear in City Traffic); Headlight Brightness and OEM Tires; Noisy AC at Blower Level above 2 (however you would rarely require it). Rear Windows coming down to approx 60% level Only. Dashboard Rattling over rough hilly terrain.

Absolutley no issue w.r.t Steering at 120+ Speeds, i have done 160 in this vehicle with 3 adults and luggage for short stretch; and never felt any cause to be worried for.

PS: Over my usage i have replace the Original Tires with Bridgestone Potenza at 40k and Exide Battery at 38k. Tire replacement is due in another 10k to 15k based on the W&T pattern.
soumobakshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:27   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
I can see many specuation on the Service Cost. I own a First Generation Logan 1.5 DLX with the ODO about to touch 1.1 L Km driven single handedly.
Good to hear and thanks for the update Soumobakshi. So hows the availability of spares and service center quality. I am not aware about this in chennai, but wanted to know about bengaluru.
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:38   #108
BHPian

Normal consumable spares are available across all major A$$ without a fuss these days. And M&M service center's Are good for people like us ;as they are easily approachable and knowledgeable.
Old 31st March 2017, 17:29   #109
Senior - BHPian

A 2012 model verito I saw today. Only the bumpers were repainted due to scratches. Maintained in excellent condition. No complaints by the owner. He wanted to swap since his car is BS3.
New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!-img_4945.jpg
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 16:00   #110
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently took a cab to get home from the Bangalore (KIAL) airport by the KSTDC Airport Taxi. It was a Mahindra Verito in very good condition. What surprised me and caught my attention was that the ODO was at 4,12,xxx Km.

On enquiring with the driver, he mentioned it's a 2016 model and first 4 years it was sometimes running about 10-12k Km a month (that's a service/oil change interval almost every month !). During the next 2 years (in 2020-21) it was barely used due to the pandemic. I was very impressed with the way the vehicle was riding and appreciated his maintenance of the car and he said he will share the secret - after the first 3 free services he never visited an authorised service centre, he always bought the parts/consumables and had the work done at a trusted FNG! He even said some of his friends drive Verito cars that have 6+ lakh Km on the Odo

Last edited by Aditya : 29th May 2022 at 20:58. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 16:15   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Recently took a cab to get home from the Bangalore (KIAL) airport by the KSTDC Airport Taxi. It was a Mahindra Verito in very good condition. What surprised me and caught my attention was that the ODO was at 4,12,xxx Km.

On enquiring with the driver, he mentioned it's a 2016 model and first 4 years it was running about 10-12k Km a month (that's a service/oil change interval almost every month !). During the next 2 years (in 2020-21) it was barely used due to the pandemic. I was very impressed with the way the vehicle was riding and appreciated his maintenance of the car and he said he will share the secret - after the first 3 free services he never visited an authorised service centre, he always bought the parts/consumables and had the work done at a trusted FNG! He even said some of his friends drive Verito cars that have 6+ lakh Km on the Odo

Thanks for sharing! Even I find my gaze inadvertently drift to the odo of most taxis I take. I am yet to encounter one which has run beyond 2 lakh kms though.

A simple mechanical car is a dying breed isn’t it? The more gadget laden and “electronic” cars get, instances like these will become increasingly impossible.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed