Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 09:11   #91
BANNED

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/17040914.cms

Kizashi import is stopped, and "the company has recently decided to bring the car only after receiving an order".
Old 1st November 2012, 10:05   #92
BHPian

Is Kizashi a worth buy at this price point (with a 5L discount)? What are the pros and cons?
Old 1st November 2012, 10:58   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj View Post
Is Kizashi a worth buy at this price point (with a 5L discount)? What are the pros and cons?
Its hard to find a Kizashi at a 5L discount now... but a list of pros and cons are:

Pros:
- Petrol engine. Smooth as butter.
- Fantastic ride - have to try it to believe it. Front and back
- Smooth power from a naturally aspirated engine. This could be a negative because there is no Turbo, but I actually liked how I had power in the entire RPM band
- Build quality that competes with the Europeans
- Excellent sound system
- Made-in-japan reliability, similar to the original 800s which lasted for decades
- Prestige car for Maruti, which means that the dealers go the extra mile for sales or service. There are so few Kizashis, that its easy to give Kizashi owners a premium experience for Maruti
- Backed by the #1 after sales experience company

Cons:
- Petrol engine. Mad expensive to run.
- 6 KMPL at best realistically. (You can claim 9. But when you have the ride, handling and power delivery of this thing, youre going to push it harder. Youre not getting above 7.)
- Likely to get a low resale value in 5 years, depending on how the Petrol policy goes

Unproven items yet:
- Unproven availability of parts: There arent enough Kizashis on the road to have parts available in the future. However, with that being said, Grand Vitara owners are actually claiming that they dont have this problem, and that Maruti makes a special effort to ensure availability. This implies that the same will be true in the case of the Kizashi, but it is yet unproven
- Handling of low octane fuels: I would be surprised if Maruti brings in a car that cant deal with India's octane levels, unlike what Fiat and VW have done in the past -- but this is not proven yet becuase there arent enough Kizashis on the road

I would highly recommend a test drive. I cant tell you how great this thing is until you sit in it.

I test drove it 5-6 times, even though I wasnt in the market to buy a car. Unfortunately, even with a discount, I couldnt foresee buying a car which gives me 5 KMPL (the TD car gave me 5 KMPL in the TD. To be fair, I pushed the car. But really, thats the way I would drive this car if I owned it). I absolutely loved it.

If you can get over the mileage, get this car. Nothing in the market one segment below or above can compete.

Here is a link to the Edmunds review of the US Kizashi. The Indian spec is identical.
http://www.edmunds.com/suzuki/kizashi/2012/#fullreview
torquing_points is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 11:28   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/17040914.cms

Kizashi import is stopped, and "the company has recently decided to bring the car only after receiving an order".
Who in the right mind would ask Maruti to import one for them? This is no exotic sports car ! Basically the car is as good as discontinued.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:41   #95
BHPian

This price slash explains why a white one was up for delivery at the showroom ,in my place. I guess its the 2nd/3rd one in my City. Have so far seen only 2 of 'em so far.
Old 1st November 2012, 12:31   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Basically the car is as good as discontinued.
Completely wrong, IMO.

Kizashi, as a car, is a fantastic product. If you say "the pricing is as good as to be discontinued", I may agree.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:34   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Who in the right mind would ask Maruti to import one for them? This is no exotic sports car ! Basically the car is as good as discontinued.
If its priced at sub-20, and if the next gen Kizashi has better mileage, then I might.

It truly is the best car I've driven in India recently. And importing a car through Maruti is different from importing a car through a supercar importer. You go to the showroom, place the order, and you get a fresh-out-of-the-oven piece rather than one thats been sitting on lots. I think thats the only difference.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:51   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Completely wrong, IMO.

Kizashi, as a car, is a fantastic product. If you say "the pricing is as good as to be discontinued", I may agree.
From what I can read, he said the car is as good as discontinued, and not it’s good that the car is discontinued

Anyway, with such low volumes, bringing in on order confirmation actually make sense.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:55   #99
BHPian

there is a white and a grey, one manual and the other AT, available at Sai Service dealership Phoenix, but they asked us to decide immediately, as the demand has suddenly shot up as soon the news was out.(on this forum, it has been much earlier, in the press)
Old 1st November 2012, 14:18   #100
BHPian

There's another pre-owned Kizashi (grey color) at Sai Service Hinjawadi. Will get the details of it by tomorrow if any one is interested!
Old 1st November 2012, 14:22   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

With 35 Kizashi's sold in October, guess MS would have wiped off the inventory, hence the 'imported on order only' directive!

Cheers!
Old 1st November 2012, 14:32   #102
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore the mt kizashi costs about 21L on road. That is a difficult price to justify.

If the price was around 15 to 16 I could see people buying this despite the Maruti price tag and petrol engine.

I have only twice seen a kizashi in Bangalore and it may well have been the same car
Old 1st November 2012, 14:34   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
And importing a car through Maruti is different from importing a car through a supercar importer. You go to the showroom, place the order, and you get a fresh-out-of-the-oven piece rather than one thats been sitting on lots. I think thats the only difference.
Ummm, are you sure?

Well, there is a little difference I suppose. An imported example from a company like Porsche wouldn't be exactly fresh-out-of-the-oven either.

I was reminded of this silver Porsche 911 (997-II) Carrera S that was chilling in the showroom for ages. I'm sure it has been a year or two. And it only recently got sold. An imported example from Maruti may be sitting out getting baked in the hot Sun for a while, but the showroom examples are ummm how should I put this, slightly worn. If you're finicky about such things. It doesn't matter to me! I'm just sayin'

If I had 15 lakhs today, and someone presented me with an old Kizashi that has very very little miles on it, I'd say no because I'd rather buy a diesel car. Something that wouldn't depreciate and drink fuel as fast as it would tear off the line.

I'd get something practical. Yeah, I've become that way.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st November 2012 at 14:36.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 17:03   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
In Bangalore the mt kizashi costs about 21L on road. That is a difficult price to justify.
I will agree that it is difficult to justify at 21lac on road. This number in incorrect or is the non discounted price. After Maruti Suzuki discounts (not dealer discount), the Kizashi Automatic can be had for a shade over 18lac on road. A colleague and good friend is taking delivery tomorrow. No discounts were offered for the manual. We did not try too hard though as my friend wanted the automatic.

Quote:
If you can get over the mileage, get this car. Nothing in the market one segment below or above can compete.
You are right.

Quote:
If its priced at sub-20, and if the next gen Kizashi has better mileage, then I might.
For someone who can afford a Kizashi, I doubt if fuel efficiency will ever be a serious concern. I am sure the prospective owner for a car like this has to accept the fact that the car will be a guzzler. You can't really get more out of a 2400cc block. An engine this big needs more fuel to run. 10-11kmpl is a real world highway efficiency, 6-7kmpl for the city circuit is good for a block this big.

Note From Team-BHP Support: Please avoid creating TWO or more posts consecutively. Use the EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE function within 30 minutes of posting instead. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st November 2012 at 17:31.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan
For someone who can afford a Kizashi, I doubt if fuel efficiency will ever be a serious concern. I am sure the prospective owner for a car like this has to accept the fact that the car will be a guzzler. You can't really get more out of a 2400cc block. An engine this big needs more fuel to run. 10-11kmpl is a real world highway efficiency, 6-7kmpl for the city circuit is good for a block this big.
Not true! It was the sheer future cost of the car that put me off. I was on the verge of trading my car in. In fact I had negotiated the price down to 16.5 on road Mumbai. But just couldn't pull the trigger. 6 kmpl with a government policy skewed towards diesel just was too hard to justify.

Even people buying mercs and beakers try to avoid petrol because it just doesn't make sense when the government is (foolishly) agreeing to pay part of your diesel bill! Kizashi is still in the common-man range!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks