Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 19:37   #1
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

A Maruti Dealer is offering the Kizashi with a huge Rs. 5 lakh discount !! So those of you who have been eyeing this car – now’s the time. One issue is that they have a speed limiter (not rev limiter) at 181 kmph which is fixed as per Japanese regulations and Maruti will not remove it for you. The other issue, of course, is that the car runs on petrol. Ironically, Kizashi means a sign that something good is going to happen. I guess the name didn't really help matters.

Is the discount a case of too little, too late?

You decide..

Source: Autocar India

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2012 at 16:23. Reason: Please do NOT post scanned images of copyrighted content
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 19:52   #2
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

What does a Rs. 5L discount mean without announcing the replacement? Is Suzuki axing the Kizashi? Shouldnt come as a surprise considering it hasnt exactly set the charts on fire.
Old 28th July 2012, 19:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is this a discount or a price-cut? Either way, I don't think it's going to help Maruti. Judging by the various threads in the "What Car" section, Kizashi hardly ever features in the contenders list of most members. I guess the general public also thinks the same way.
Old 28th July 2012, 20:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

Too little, too late definitely.

I really wonder if the car has any future at all - might just be stock clearance. I doubt there's any sort of facelift that could help.
Old 28th July 2012, 20:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

I don't see this discount (rather even the Kizashi) being marketed anywhere. Don't remember if there ever was an ad on TV on its launch, but this is one model Maruti hasn't promoted. So this discount may be an attempt to get rid of the left-over stock while the model is replaced with something else.

I remember when Honda had to slash the prices of their Civic hybrid to get rid of the leftover stocks, the discount offers were splashed onto the newspaper pages, so even the discounts were marketed. No such luck for the Kizashi.
Old 28th July 2012, 20:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thats really interesting news. If one could get a Kizashi Auto for around 15 On Road, I would think that its one heck of a deal. Its a gorgeous car and certainly the best looker in its actual class of vehicles i.e. Civic, Corolla, Laura, Jetta, Fluence.

Of course what one must be vary of is the following-

1. One could end up with a 2011 import as i doubt they imported any this year after the car failed to move any numbers in 11.
2. Spare parts may be an issue 2 years from now
3. Be prepared to pay the earth for spare parts even if they can be arranged by a dealer.
4. Forget about resale value when you go in for the car as it won't have any takers in the used car market.
5. Have your friends ask you.. 'You Bought a Kizashi' ?
Old 28th July 2012, 20:35   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast_of_Burden View Post
Is Suzuki axing the Kizashi?
No, Suzuki is not axing the Kizashi. This is just to clear their stocks.
Old 28th July 2012, 20:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think it will work for an enthusiast. The spare parts issues will remain. With some performance modifications and tuning, the Kizashi has potential as a fantastic performance sedan which is also compact.

I can see this as a last-ditch effort by MSIL to clear whatever inventory is still left.
Old 28th July 2012, 20:40   #9
BHPian

Even this puts it in the 14-15 L club then, Jetta TSI territory! No way am I buying this then.
Obviously too little, very very late.

Sourcing parts would be a very tedious task for this in a few years for sure. Add to this, rather subtract, the renowned Maruti resale value. Still a dub to me!
Old 28th July 2012, 20:47   #10
BHPian

They should have announced that they will give away SWIFT Zdi for free with every Kizashi sold I am sure all the stock would have been sold out now.

Kizashi for weekend drives and power of D to the office during weekdays.
MutantX is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 22:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

If they had launched it at 5 lakhs less, I guess there would have been some takers, now its already been relegated to the position of a dud. Who would want to buy a market dud?
That said, I guess it is a good opportunity for enthusiasts. I remember most reviews talking good about the product but overpriced by a couple of lakhs.
Old 28th July 2012, 22:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

It is a fabulous-looking car and the discount is really mouth-watering for someone who is planning to go in for a car like the Sonata petrol

However, it is better to be cautious as spares may not be readily available, and resale will be very low.
Old 28th July 2012, 22:25   #13
BHPian

they have now brought down the price to where it should have been in first place. inappropriate price placement killed the car as soon as it was launched. but even with the given discounts, i doubt it would start selling; too difficult to change the perception now.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 22:34   #14
BHPian

Well, this just confirms that Suzuki cannot sell anything as a premium offering. This is true internationally as well. I am pretty sure the Kizashi is outsold several times over by the Japanese big three as well as Hyundai and Kia in it's segment. They do eke out decent numbers in the small car space.

Unless Suzuki makes massive investment in an image makeover a l a Hyundai, they won't have much success with premium offerings.
Old 28th July 2012, 23:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

The spares shouldn't cost a bomb, as I believe the Grand Vitara spares would fare the same way. GV too has been an imported model and hasn't exactly been flying off the shelves all these years. But people have not reported exhorbitant prices or undue delays in procuring them.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks