Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 11:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo

Dont understand the logic of Toyota in providing the ABS with EBD in Diesel variant and skipping it in petrol variant. Do they feel the diesel buyers are more privilaged?

Also the diesel mileage claim of 23.59 kmpl is as certfied by the testing agency under rule 115 of CMVR. Which is the testing agency is not known
Old 12th August 2012, 19:33   #32
BHPian

Had a look at Liva TRD Sportivo diesel version at Harsha Toyota today. Was impressed with the vehicle. For 20k more than the normal G-D SP you get a body kit + 15" alloys. Looking to book this one. But a waiting period of 30-45 days was quoted as minimum by the dealer. Is this true or is there any way of getting a model more quickly say within a couple of weeks of booking?

Cheers,
K
Old 12th August 2012, 23:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

On the Autocar show this weekend Hormazd's scoop of the week was on Toyota planning to put the Etios' 1.5 petrol in the Liva to truly make it hot hatch material and attract younger buyers. Good decision IMHO.
Old 13th August 2012, 09:06   #34
Team-BHP Support

I for one like the alloy wheels of this Car. The rest I will let it pass.

Have driven both and the diesel version makes more sense to buy. The petrol feels labored after taking it over 3,000 revs. The diesel has good turbo spool.
Old 13th August 2012, 12:49   #35
BHPian

I was at the DSK toyota 3s centre for 20k service of my Etios. Had a look at the TRD sportivo Liva in flesh. The alloys are surely drool material and i asked the SA whether they can be fitted to my Etios but it doesnt seem possible. The stickering, TRD badge and spoilers are tastefully done but nothing extraordinary.
Old 13th August 2012, 17:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Toyota which resembled the smooth front bumper and bonnet of a Jazz on Mysore Road near University. I though it to be a Jazz initially. The headlights were a little smaller.
Had the KA 42 TC nameplate.
Old 13th August 2012, 18:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Saw a Toyota which resembled the smooth front bumper and bonnet of a Jazz on Mysore Road near University. I though it to be a Jazz initially. The headlights were a little smaller.
Had the KA 42 TC nameplate.
Was it something like the 3rd pic on this thread ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post927696
Old 13th August 2012, 22:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Was it something like the 3rd pic on this thread ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post927696
Could be. It was black, rounded and looked really good. Had no decals at all.
Old 13th August 2012, 22:33   #39
BHPian

Yes. The alloys look awesome. Are they not the same ones found on cedia sports?
Old 14th August 2012, 11:53   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
On the Autocar show this weekend Hormazd's scoop of the week was on Toyota planning to put the Etios' 1.5 petrol in the Liva to truly make it hot hatch material and attract younger buyers. Good decision IMHO.
Hey, you got a link for that?

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2012, 11:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
Hey, you got a link for that?

Thanks.
I'm afraid not, I haven't checked the site. This was in the weekly Autocar TV show on Bloomberg UTV.
Old 14th August 2012, 12:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I'm afraid not, I haven't checked the site. This was in the weekly Autocar TV show on Bloomberg UTV.
Ok. I'll look it up on their website. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2012, 01:44   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Dont understand the logic of Toyota in providing the ABS with EBD in Diesel variant and skipping it in petrol variant. Do they feel the diesel buyers are more privilaged?
I believe it could be due to the fact that the Liva Diesel is peppier than the petrol, so would benefit from better stopping power.
However, wouldn't it be easier to have the same kit offered in both the cars, along with a higher end trim with better seating as well.
Old 19th August 2012, 05:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Had a look at Liva TRD Sportivo diesel version at Harsha Toyota today. Was impressed with the vehicle. For 20k more than the normal G-D SP you get a body kit + 15" alloys. Looking to book this one. But a waiting period of 30-45 days was quoted as minimum by the dealer. Is this true or is there any way of getting a model more quickly say within a couple of weeks of booking?

Cheers,
K
Kaush, GD SP + ~20K extra looks fine. But does this Sportivo really have Airbags (the SP part of GDSP)??? I just checked in their official webpage, specification says all options but not Airbags! If Airbags are missing in this, this would not be GDSP + ~20K, it would rather be GD (without SP) + ~ 50K! (in that case, only the Alloys + Body kit plastics is no VFM for this hatch in my view; GDSP would remain a better deal than this Sportivo ) Any further insight to this??

Liva Sportiva Specifications: http://www.toyotaetiosliva.in/sportivo/Spec%20Sheet.pdf

Toyota pricelist (Bangalore): http://www.etoyotaindia.com/v9online...sp?dea_lid=107

Cheers!

Last edited by Mister_M : 19th August 2012 at 05:57.
Mister_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 11:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Kaush, GD SP + ~20K extra looks fine. But does this Sportivo really have Airbags (the SP part of GDSP)??? I just checked in their official webpage, specification says all options but not Airbags! If Airbags are missing in this, this would not be GDSP + ~20K, it would rather be GD (without SP) + ~ 50K! (in that case, only the Alloys + Body kit plastics is no VFM for this hatch in my view; GDSP would remain a better deal than this Sportivo ) Any further insight to this??

Liva Sportiva Specifications: http://www.toyotaetiosliva.in/sportivo/Spec%20Sheet.pdf

Toyota pricelist (Bangalore): http://www.etoyotaindia.com/v9online...sp?dea_lid=107

Cheers!
Oops! My bad. The sales person did not mention airbags when he listed out the specs of the TRD Liva diesel. In that case GD-SP + alloys is the way to go. But I doubt if one can get these from Toyota. Thanks a ton for pointing it out Mister_M

Cheers,
K
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks