Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:16   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: July 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I think Verna is now taking the bulk of the diesel sedan sales in its segment, going by the consistent 5000+ sales it is clocking. The Rapid is also eating into the Vento's market. Then there's definitely the Sunny. Don't under-estimate the effect of the Ertiga as well. And Duster's arrival surely will not make it any easier for Vento to climb up the charts again.
Totally agree with that. The Ertiga and the Duster bring so much more variety to the table that a lot of sedan customers would be buying them instead. But then the Verna doesn't show any signs of slowing down at the moment despite that horrendous back seat and questionable handling capabilities. So I guess VW can still make a fight out of it by putting in some more equipment in there car. Right now the whole Rapid and Vento pricing leaves me utterly confused.

Edit: Hadn't Ford reduced the prices/started offering good discounts on the new fiesta? Its really sad to see them still not respond to the whole pricing fiasco. They have literally killed the fiesta brand name.

Last edited by drmohitg : 2nd August 2012 at 20:19.
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:26   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
What must be the reason for below points

1. Why Mahindra not completely modernise the Bolero , kind of Full Model Change. I believe after selling more than half million or so numbers it should be possible to any manufacturer to go for Full Model Change. Should we take it that Mahindra themselves are not confident enough that they can come out with a better vehicle and sell more too ?
The reason Bolero sells so well is that it looks "tough". Its full-metal cladding gives it an aura of solidity; it makes it look like something built to take abuse. And the lack of modern amenities makes it look like a no-frills, no-nonsense workhorse. Those are the exact qualities rural folks like. I guess Mahindra knows it too.
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:43   #78
BHPian

i Guess am one among those 85's who bought the Yeti (billed on July 31st) Delivered Today!
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:08   #79
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honda India has gone off track.
Well it has just been revealed by Hormazd Sorabjee on the Autocar show that Honda have decided to pull the plug on the Civic! It's going to be discontinued soon & they have no plans on launching the newer one either!
Quite a shocker.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/310...-on-civic.aspx

Last edited by PPS : 2nd August 2012 at 23:10.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:22   #80
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2012 at 15:53.
Naparajito is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:26   #81
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Excellently written obituary..er analysis, GTO. Thanks a ton for this.

Can someone please tell me what suddenly went wrong at Skoda's?? Every model has seen a depreciation in sales and also the top 3 M-o-M losers are Skodas as well. It pains to see such excellent cars are not being bought by the public cause of issues with A.S.S

As for Toyota, I'm not sure their idea of Limited Editions of Etios and Liva will take them anywhere in capturing the market. Cant really think of a taxi driver paying extra for a few additional cosmetics!!! They need to understand the market better and get the basics right for the car!

Also, whats the deal with Honda cars?? one month they sell over 4500 units of Brio, the next month POOF! its dropped to 609. Now its again increasing to 1715, similar case of Honda City as well.

The Duster looks promising in these dark, murky times.

Tata - well done indeed :-) Congratulations!!

Last edited by GTO : 6th August 2012 at 12:30.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:00   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Well it has just been revealed by Hormazd Sorabjee on the Autocar show that Honda have decided to pull the plug on the Civic! It's going to be discontinued soon & they have no plans on launching the newer one either!
Quite a shocker.

SCOOP! Honda pulls plug on Civic | News | Autocar India
I was told by the Hallmark Guys that the Civic production has stopped and dealers are clearing stocks because they are planning for diesel.

Civic being discontinued is a shocker.. One of the best lookers from HONDA !!

Cheers
MKPI
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Honda have decided to pull the plug on the Civic
What a sad time for petrol cars in India. Though the Civic was unsuitable for India in more ways than just the petrol engine. It had a persistent bottoming out problem especially on the bad roads in North India. And Honda says that the new 1.6 Diesel that it is launching for the Civic in Europe is unsuitable for India!!

I am saddened by Honda's decline and lack of commitment in India...
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:28   #84
BHPian

On a lighter note maybe , Honda can to talk to Fiat for the 1.3 MJD since everyone seems to have it - why not them ??

Last edited by bbops1 : 3rd August 2012 at 11:30. Reason: missed the word "it"
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbops1 View Post
On a lighter note maybe , Honda can to talk to Fiat for the 1.3 MJD since everyone seems to have it - why not them ??
Because Honda cannot maintain their margins already and an outsourced engine would only further add to their costs!! I guess thats what Honda means when they say Diesel 2.2L engine is unsuitable to india because strength of the yen plus huge taxation in importing engines erodes most of their profits making it economically unfeasible for them. Passing the buck onto the customer would result in poor sales.
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:27   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbops1 View Post
Why cant Honda go for the next in line national engine Renault dCI ones !?
they have option to pick 67PS for Brio , 85PS for City and 110PS for Civic .

Oh ! too much off topic , only in wildest of dream i can think of the above possibility as NISSAN , the arch rival for Honda is with Renault
vishnana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:31   #87
AVR
BHPian

Quote:

Nothing sums up Maruti's dominance of the Indian market better than these two charts. The top 2 sellers in India (Alto & Swift) are also part of the Top 10 Losers Month-on-Month (No.9 & 6. respectively) and still lead the next manufacturer's top seller by a huge margin!

Maruti may have its 'woes' but nobody from the industry is going to be troubling them just yet!
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:56   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
GTO: Can you provide how many Force Ones are sold in July?
These might have come in just for you:

Force One SUV = 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
How come the Maruti 800 is still selling close to 1500 units per month for the last few months? It had been announced in April 2012 that, April would be the last month for manufacturing the 800.
Guessing that this is old stock.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:41   #89
BHPian

Excellent charts and analysis as usual.

I think it is not justified to compare Mahindra and Tata by numbers. I am sure everyone know this fact.

Bolero looks like an unstoppable product. For other manufacturers, it will be difficult to bring a product like Bolero. Tata Motors can try bringing a product to compete Bolero.

Now eagerly waiting to see August figures to understand after effects of Renault Duster..
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:48   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These might have come in just for you:

Force One SUV = 127
I am now seeing a lot of advertisements on the TV now for F1; assuming that their next month would be better now. quite surprised to know that they sold only 127 in last month! Weren't they selling close to 400 a month (last few months?)

How many showrooms do they have now?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks