Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2012, 22:49   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.city
From what I know, whoever allows Hybrids also allows CNG vehicles in Carpool lanes - because the purpose is the same (environmentally friendly..). But well I could be wrong.
Could be very well true. However, I have not seen any CNG powered personal vehicle hogging HOV in east cost states like NJ, MD or VA.

Quote:
Also, talking about sales - overall Hybrid sales are always going be better than CNGs simply because of the additional complication of CNG refilling stations/availability. So, nothing surprising here.
Yes, agreed regarding hybrid vs CNG.
But again, as I replied on your first post, Civic CNG is NOT a success in US market at all (not comparing to hybrids at all) - it does not contribute much in overall Civic tally.
Quote:
Either way - CNG is definitely something that I feel Honda should consider. Worth it
Yes, It is worth considering as India has better infrastructure than USA as far as CNG availability is concerned. BUT, looking at Honda's image (Fun to Drive) and target market (much younger clientele than Toyota), I don't think they will launch CNG in India.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 15th August 2012 at 22:51.
Old 16th August 2012, 15:15   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: *Rumour* : Honda Civic to be pulled off from India

In California, CNG powered vehicles are eligible for a White HOV sticker. Seen quite a few CNG civics with the same.

Also to add, the Yellow HOV sticker given to the Prius earlier is no longer valid. A prius is like just another car now.

Only Fully electric, plugin hybrids with low emissions package and CNG powered cars get the HOV sticker in California.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 16th August 2012 at 15:17.
Old 17th August 2012, 16:27   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Could be very well true. However, I have not seen any CNG powered personal vehicle hogging HOV in east cost states like NJ, MD or VA.
If I remember right, Hybrids & CNGs are not that popular in east coast anyway. To be frank, they dont hog any lane there, be it Carpool lane or a normal lane.
Old 21st August 2012, 01:30   #124

Are the dealers giving discounts on the last stock remaining ? With a couple of lacs knocked off the price, it could be a great bargain for an enthusiast.
Old 21st August 2012, 09:16   #125
Senior - BHPian

Just like we have our own Monthly report of sales, is there any way to find out the inventory details of manufacturers?
Too much to ask for i think :(

Regarding @above, personally I donot think Honda will do that with Civic. Maximum they might offer is the touch screen navigation, plus free insurance. But all this could change if the built stock pile is real huge.

But, for Civic, it is highly unlikely for Honda to have big stocks at hand and given the dismal sales for some months now, they might have already played it safe, if they had this idea in mind.

Last edited by sarathlal : 21st August 2012 at 09:18.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:57   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSfan#1 View Post
Are the dealers giving discounts on the last stock remaining ? With a couple of lacs knocked off the price, it could be a great bargain for an enthusiast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post

Regarding @above, personally I donot think Honda will do that with Civic. Maximum they might offer is the touch screen navigation, plus free insurance. But all this could change if the built stock pile is real huge.

But, for Civic, it is highly unlikely for Honda to have big stocks at hand and given the dismal sales for some months now, they might have already played it safe, if they had this idea in mind.
The Honda dealer here in Siliguri had stopped taking new orders for Civic ages ago. Seems like low stock = no discount. The sales rep did not even know the car was discontinued; just kept saying we are not taking orders for months now. Seems like Honda has played it safe.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:27   #127
BANNED

The latest (September) issue fo Autocar does not list the Civic in its car summaries.
Old 10th September 2012, 13:28   #128
Senior - BHPian

Personally, would like Honda to suspend Civic in India.
Would love to have that exclusivity

Knowing Japs and the history of Civic, I don't think parts availability would be a problem either.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 17:42   #129
BHPian

Ditto! I am loving the exclusivity too! Maybe in 2015 if new Civic comes I won't mind. Till then....we have a much desired car that you can't get your hands on people!
gaurav_diavolo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 19:43   #130
BHPian

Well after the dismal performance of the new Civic in the US market, Honda has listened and updated the looks of the Civic, I would say this is the quickest update on a production car ever, less than an year and the Civic is updated. This car mind looks amazing has that perfect blend of class and fun, looks very Accordish but that is not a bad thing, hope to see this car in India soon.

Our own 2007 civic is still going strong and after doing 1 lakh km last month still believe there is a lot left in her, go Honda.

Courtesy - Indianautosblog

Mods - Hope this is the right thread to post in, Please move if not appropriate. I could not resize the image as it is a link. Thanks

Last edited by eq24 : 14th November 2012 at 19:44.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2012, 21:38   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24
Our own 2007 civic is still going strong ...
Correction, ours is 2006 based Civic.
Old 14th November 2012, 22:00   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Correction, ours is 2006 based Civic.
Er, I think eq24 was talking about the Civic in his/her family. Of course the Civic in India is based on the 2006 Civic
Old 15th November 2012, 07:59   #133
Senior - BHPian

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...r-sen-9049.htm

"The civic and accord are our premium models and we have no plans to discontinue"
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 14:02   #134
Senior - BHPian

77 units were sold last month. Honda has no plans to discontinue. Guess theyre keeping it in the market to continue to be viewed as a premium manufacturer.
Old 18th December 2012, 14:14   #135
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India issues started showing up the Civic again, in the car prices section. It was not showing since 4-5 months, and suddenly it reappeared with present pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks