Team-BHP - The Most Comfortable car/SUV ever in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Most Comfortable car/SUV ever in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12446-most-comfortable-car-suv-ever-india-2.html)

I would vote for
1) Tata Safari (As long as I am not driving it!!)
2) An old Mercedes Benz (Pre 1990). They travel like boats on calm waters. And they do scratch a lot of speedbreakers. So this one is not so comfortable if you own it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by man23ish

Most Uncomfortable car/SUV.

1. Gypsy

Cheers,
Manish

Looks like someone made you sit in the back eh? :D I used to do it to torture my friends sometimes...make them sit in the back and then rip the car over bad roads.

Matiz is one of the most comfortable cars to sit in (below 6 L) w.r.t seats, sitting position, leg room, thigh support, etc. Very smooth on smooth roads. But bumpy roads and speed breakers disturbs her composure.

M

Under 3.5 Lac ---- Premier NE 118

Under 4.5 Lac ---- Palio

Under 5.5 Lac ------ Petra

Under 12 Lac ------- Octavia

Here my list
Laura
Corolla
Aveo
Palio
FIAT 118 NE

Here's mine purely from
Over 50 L's - Never sat in one...maybe its got to be my M5 when I can afford one!
Under 50L's - BMW 535i (E34)
Under 30L's - Skoda Superb
Under 20L's - Camry (no other car comes even close)
10L's - SUV - Safari Car - Corolla
Under 10L's - Opel Astra
Under 5L's - I dont think they are 'comfortable'

For me was a rolls royce corniche........pure luxury!

IMO, the HM Contessa is the most comfortable "budget" car. Nothing from the current generation is even close.
If price is no issue, the Toyota Camry is the one I'd choose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya
IMO, the HM Contessa is the most comfortable "budget" car. Nothing from the current generation is even close.

As I have mentioned before I would instead get a contessa and plonk a v8 under that big hood.

It would be fun to see a Skoda RS driver cry his heart out on being beaten in a street GPlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya

Addy,

I was going to write conty thinking that no one had mentioned it. Believe me, after sitting in your conty, I'm in love with it ! The rear seat is a friggin couch ! :Cheering:

I agree. Conty was my first ever car. Nice, solid ride, plush seats, tons of character, and REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

I'd love to see someone actually put a V8 under the hood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I'd love to see someone actually put a V8 under the hood.

ha...somewhere mr.psycho is pondering in glee....

as for the most comfortable car, well here goes my categorised opinion;

a) the car with the most comfortable ride over broken surfaces- amby.
b) the car with the most comfortable front seats- pajero 3.2 DI-D and safari.
c) the car with the most comfortable rear seats- merc s class and safari.

there, a WIDE variety to choose from, both in terms of vehicle price and category...

veyron, now you are breaking my heart!! I had more or less settled on Camry after seeing the opinons. It seemed like a toss up between Toyota & Skoda. I have a thing against Skoda, looks too grandfatherly IMO. But if Camry is not as comfy as an Amby over broken surfaces then what am I paying so much money for ???? I know, better technology and all that, but for my wife (who wants a new car) ultimately the ride has to be comfy, because the car is a transportation device from Point A to Point B, until someone invents teleportation. Is AMby really comparable to Camry for ride comfort ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dovin4
because the car is a transportation device from Point A to Point B

Its a crime to say that on team bhp. You'll be sued. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by dovin4
veyron, now you are breaking my heart!! I had more or less settled on Camry after seeing the opinons. It seemed like a toss up between Toyota & Skoda. I have a thing against Skoda, looks too grandfatherly IMO. But if Camry is not as comfy as an Amby over broken surfaces then what am I paying so much money for ???? I know, better technology and all that, but for my wife (who wants a new car) ultimately the ride has to be comfy, because the car is a transportation device from Point A to Point B, until someone invents teleportation. Is AMby really comparable to Camry for ride comfort ?

Amby was very comfortable indeed than most of the cars available today worth upto 5 lakhs.....

But it can be no where near Camry in any parameter. But Skoda Laura could be close.....