Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 12:32   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

From a pessimistic view, I would be inclined to believe this is the 1.2 TDi with after market alloys . Unless the alloys were VW-badged and the car had camouflaging covers, I would think this one is just another polo 1.2 TDI with the owner changing to aftermarket alloys on delivery day (hence the TC plate).

Another doubt - don't the tyres also look a little bigger than the ones on the current highline?
I was too engrossed in the stupid car applying sudden breaks in front of me. I would suspect the tires being of a different profile, the wheels though were quite VWish, if you know what i mean.

But anyway, good food for thot, a 1.5 TDI beckons? The world is for the eternal optimist I for one so dearly wish my Polo had the Euro designed headlamps and interiors
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 12:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: *Rumour* : Volkswagen Discontinues 1.6 MPI Petrol Polo- Update: now confirmed!

The 1.6 MPI is old school. But sadly, this is the only engine which does some justice to the Polo as a package.

Hope VW introduce the 1.2 TSI across variants and open the flood gates for turbo charged petrol engines.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 13:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

re: *Rumour* : Volkswagen Discontinues 1.6 MPI Petrol Polo- Update: now confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
I was too engrossed in the stupid car applying sudden breaks in front of me. I would suspect the tires being of a different profile, the wheels though were quite VWish, if you know what i mean.

But anyway, good food for thot, a 1.5 TDI beckons? The world is for the eternal optimist I for one so dearly wish my Polo had the Euro designed headlamps and interiors
Hey, I've seen the same car and it does have the smoked double barrel head lamps like the Euro spec version. The wheels remind me of the new Verna's for some reason although when I spotted it, also they did seem like 15s".

Glaring omission is the rear wiper and washer on the HL variant.

They should really bring in the 1.6 TDi of the Vento to replace the drab 1.6 MPi. BTW the last time I checked the 1.2 TDi HL was 9.xx Lakhs on road Mumbai. If it manages a price hike with the remaining updates on the car, the car really needs to be THAT good to sell.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 19:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I was trying to post this when the power went out.

I thought the 16.6 was a prelude to the AT, which never came. Then the 1.6 became an anachronism. So it had to go.
Sorry sir, but couldn't get you. Can you please elaborate "16.6" and how 1.6 became out of order?
Old 7th August 2012, 19:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Vikram, price revision UP or DOWN? Polos are not selling well anyway, a price increase would put sales at further risk!
From what i heard the Vento is going to be priced more aggressively but for the Polo i doubt it because if you see the July sales figures its pretty good.
vikramv007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 20:37   #66
Team-BHP Support

It will be ideal if VW re-work the complete engine options for the Polo. Instead of running along with the 3-pot petrol and diesel, they probably should look at moving into 1.2 TSI petrol and 1.6 TDI diesel. The 1.6 TDI with 90bhp should be quite adequate, and could really heat up the competition.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 20:49   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
From what i heard the Vento is going to be priced more aggressively but for the Polo i doubt it because if you see the July sales figures its pretty good.
Vikram, any clue as to when this updated Vento would be coming out ?
Old 7th August 2012, 20:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Vikram, any clue as to when this updated Vento would be coming out ?
Should be out by early Sep
vikramv007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 20:58   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Should be out by early Sep
Alright. Thanks for the info. Really confused whether to go ahead and get my loan disbursed and take the current Vento or wait for the new one. Already got a 75k discount and a spoiler on the current one. Really really confused.
Old 7th August 2012, 21:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Alright. Thanks for the info. Really confused whether to go ahead and get my loan disbursed and take the current Vento or wait for the new one. Already got a 75k discount and a spoiler on the current one. Really really confused.
Are u looking for the Diesel or Petrol?
Old 7th August 2012, 21:10   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Are u looking for the Diesel or Petrol?
Diesel Highline. The offer I am getting on the current one is 75k discount which includes one year insurance. Executive sun-film, mud flaps, floor mats and spoiler.
Old 7th August 2012, 21:14   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Diesel Highline. The offer I am getting on the current one is 75k discount which includes one year insurance. Executive sun-film, mud flaps, floor mats and spoiler.
I suggest you hold on. Its a good discount no doubt but when the facelift arrives you can bargain for a better deal on the current one or if you like the facelift pick that up. I am sure they will have plenty of Diesel Highline Ventos in stock.
Old 8th August 2012, 19:13   #73
BHPian

And this happens just as i was about plonk my hard earned money into the Polo 1.6. What a setback. Currently driving a Baleno, the Polo 1.6 was the only car under 8 lakhs promising me the smiles which my Baleno gave me for so many years. Agree it doesent quite match up to the Baleno when it comes to performance, but then all those cars Baleno/palio GTX/OHC Vtec barely had any safety or features and came at a time when emission regulations were chilling. But today with BSIV, emissions and all those safety features and not to mention much more modern, the Polo 1.6 did a fair job of matching the beasts of yesteryear's. The Fabia 1.6 i'm sure will follow the Polo 1.6 into the grave and after that there will be 'no' performance hatches to speak of.
Old 18th August 2012, 21:12   #74
BHPian

Quick update: Skoda (Vinayak and Tafe) dealers in B'lore claim that the Fabia 1.6 is discontinued too.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 22:14   #75
BHPian

Guys its official now. The Polo 1.6 has been discontinued. The Polo variants section on the website doesn't list the Polo Highline 1.6 anymore.

Link:http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model..._overview.html

I request Mods to suitably modify the title of this thread. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks