Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 15:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

i had an accident in my innova last year and i can say its a very safe vehicle and i didn't even feel a thing and i had no injury at all

you cann't say a vehicle is unsafe it all depends on the driver i have seen people getting killed in a E class

the link to my innova crash thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...my-innova.html
Old 9th July 2008, 15:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i dont think so. i havent seen those rims on an innova in any market. also the innova has 5 bolts not 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Could it be a Corolla ? Looks more like a sedan to me than a van.
BTW, it was a truck that it rammed into.
The tyre is a Bridgestone Potenza RE88, standard fitment on the Corolla. I too think it's a Corolla wheel.
Old 9th July 2008, 16:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Man, Ishan, tussi God ho - the God of Tyres.
Old 9th July 2008, 16:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tussi God ho
Man SB, whats that ? Does that translate to tyrewallah of bhaiyyaland ?
Old 9th July 2008, 16:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

It translates to "You are God". The God of Tyres.

Like some guys can identify a girl without even seeing her face, our tyrewallah identifies cars from just seeing the tyre.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th July 2008 at 16:30.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
You have to understand and apply physics to see the difference between this case described by vkochar and that of a car hitting a rigid wall.

Yes, the speed though would have been much lesser than what vkochar says simply because that driver would have definitely applied the brakes before the impact and though the car could not stop its speed would have fallen down drastically from its initial stages.
I do understand physics. If the (2+ tons) vehicle moved only by a few inches (as claimed) when hit at 80kmph, I am presuming it's close to hitting a solid immovable block at a lesser speed. My point was that the speed of Santro was probably much much less than 80kmph at the time of impact.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:14   #67
BHPian

JK, have you seen the news of an innova accident happened couple of months back which took the life a hotlier's son? The Car toppled & he was thrown out of it. It was in NH47 & the best part was nothing happend to the co-passenger who was wearing a seat belt.

A car cannot do much, if you dont follow the basic safety guidelines.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

manoj, are you referring to the accident involving the son of Gokulam group owner ? Was that an Innova too ? I also read that the co-passenger had only minor injuries.

I guess it is high time, the authorities enforced usage of atleast basic safety devices in cars, like seatbelts, instead of lying in wait for hapless 2-wheeler users to make some easy money. And the Govt should follow up with legislation requiring all auto-makers to make atleast front air bags mandatory, or atleast as an option on all variants.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:52   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The tyre is a Bridgestone Potenza RE88, standard fitment on the Corolla. I too think it's a Corolla wheel.
Do you sleep on tyres? I mean this is just too much information and that too by just looking at a photograph of a tyre!
Old 9th July 2008, 19:08   #70
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I have had a nasty accident in an Innova a few yrs back.

I was driving my friends new Innova in Delhi and near Dhaula Kuan on some flyover when an auto wallah suddenly jammed his brakes without any reason or rhyme. I also slammed the brakes there. I was doing about 40, I stopped.

Suddenly I saw the rear view mirrror and my heart skipped a few beats. I saw a speeding Santro ( must be at least 80 kph ), he did not see me stop !! He slammed into me hard ( at 80 kph !!! ) into a stationery Innova.
Two points come to mind.

1. I have a healthy respect for the braking of the Innova and its predecessor, the Qualis. When following these vehicles I am extra-careful. In any case the Santro driver should not have followed the Innova straight behind, when he was clearly doing a much higher speed. He should have staggered the path so that he could have had a view ahead of the Innova. Meaning vital extra reaction time, upon seeing auto brake, and also gotten vital extra road space (i.e. the length of an Innova) to brake. Both of these factors have saved my neck on several occasions when driving aggressively in traffic.

2. Did vkochar brake too hard upon seeing auto stop? Maybe, maybe not. One should try to make maximum use of available braking space to reduce possibility of accidents like these. Of course this is easier said than done, for our gut reaction is to slam the brakes in these situations.
Old 9th July 2008, 20:01   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Quote:
It translates to "You are God". The God of Tyres.

Like some guys can identify a girl without even seeing her face, our tyrewallah identifies cars from just seeing the tyre.
Hahahahhaa.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Do you sleep on tyres? I mean this is just too much information and that too by just looking at a photograph of a tyre!
No Sumit, I do have a bed at home!
Old 9th July 2008, 22:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

i own an innova and i am not quite impressed about its safety aspect. i have had 2 incidents where the body panels have been heavily dented in just minor shunts which even an 800 would withstand strongly! also, i have heard about 2 and seen an innova burnt after a collision and my driver has seen a innova toppling on the expressway at speeds of 120 kmph unexpectedly, god knows due to what reason.
Old 10th July 2008, 09:23   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i own an innova and i am not quite impressed about its safety aspect. i have had 2 incidents where the body panels have been heavily dented in just minor shunts which even an 800 would withstand strongly! also, i have heard about 2 and seen an innova burnt after a collision and my driver has seen a innova toppling on the expressway at speeds of 120 kmph unexpectedly, god knows due to what reason.
are you impressed about anything in your innova? ive read you review and i think you got sold a lemon. dont generalize it for all innovas.
Old 10th July 2008, 10:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Are you impressed by any other vehicle on four wheels other than the scorpio 2.2 ?
Old 10th July 2008, 12:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I think, it also gets translated to tyre-tambi of tambiland
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks