Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 20:05   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Surprise: Honda begins testing the 2013 CR-V in India

I am not really surprised with this. CR-V being a CBU, Honda cannot continue with the old model for long. I mean, it’s good if they don’t stop the CR-V. Whatever minimum the number maybe, at least the customer have an added option to choose from.
Old 9th August 2012, 12:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

They were to kick start Ctdi plans with CRV according to senior press release 3 ~ 4 Yrs back. I guess its high time they launch a product which country requires badly at the current economoic state.

2.2 Ctdi CRV @ 25 Lacs a great option.
Old 24th September 2012, 17:19   #18
BHPian

2013 CRV spotted in India

Quote:
This next-generation of CR-V has been slowly going to all major international markets after it was displayed at the L.A. Auto Show in June 2011. Honda infact launched the new CR-V in Pakistan recently at a whooping amount of Rs 44 Lakhs.

The new CR-V looks bigger and better than the outgoing variant. The biggest gripe, according to the latest reports, suggest that Honda is not currently considering any of the diesel motors (1.6L and 2.2L CR-V diesels would be launched in Europe shortly) for India. So, what we get is a better tuned version of the current 2.4L Petrol mill which would churn out 184bhp and 22.5kgm of torque and would come with a 5-speed Automatic gearbox.
Source:http://www.autocarindia.com/News/316...-in-india.aspx and http://motorbash.com/confirmed-next-...ting-in-india/
Attached Thumbnails
Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-new_honda_crv.jpg  

Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-new_honda_crv_spy1.jpg  

Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-new_honda_crv_spy.jpg  

sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 00:06   #19
BANNED

AutoBild India , a car magazine, carried a article that new 2013 CRV is India bound . Engines to be offered internationally : 2 petrol and one 1.6 l diesel. prices to be upupwards of 17 lacs.
Old 25th September 2012, 01:02   #20
BHPian

According to Honda, they say that CR-V's current sales doesn't justify that it has a a good demand so their is no point launching a diesel option in the UV.
Can someone please take them to a petrol pump and show them the petrol prices in India? How can they expect a Petrol UV giving a mileage of not more 5-6kmpl selling like hot cakes with a price tag of 25 lakh on-road! Are they crazy? BMW X1 is cheaper than a CR-V. Honda is not able to understand the market and I am damn sure the future for Honda isn't bright if they don't get a diesel soon.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 02:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Is there any fact in Honda's statement that their diesel engine can't run with the diesel available in India? If the German's can run with our fuel, what's with this particular 2.2L diesel engine?
Old 25th September 2012, 09:21   #22
BANNED

Obviously the constraints (financial I guess) when SIEL were part of them are gone. Maybe we can discount a lot we heard before the parting of ways.
Old 25th September 2012, 09:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Honda , like seriously how hard is it to understand the pulse and trend of a market specially when you have been in it for over a decade. Your accord does not sell , you have pulled the plug on the civic and your city has enough competition. You are smart enough to decide that the new civic will not do well in India but you want to launch a near 30 lakh all petrol suv . The only two words that come to my mind when i ponder over this initiative is " dumb move" .

Last edited by bigron : 25th September 2012 at 10:12.
Old 25th September 2012, 10:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just thinking aloud!! How much of difference it makes financially to a person who buys a 30lac+car/suv, if his/her car runs on petrol or diesel? Is cheaper diesel such a need for high end consumers? Interesting to know above what price range does the type of fuel or cost of fuel becomes immaterial compared to the comfort/performance of the car.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:01   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow
Just thinking aloud!! How much of difference it makes financially to a person who buys a 30lac+car/suv, if his/her car runs on petrol or diesel? Is cheaper diesel such a need for high end consumers? Interesting to know above what price range does the type of fuel or cost of fuel becomes immaterial compared to the comfort/performance of the car.
I think it still matters. One time investment apart, the buyer will definitely feel the pinch when paying for every fuel refill. And bigger/heavier the car, lesser the FE. For e.g., someone driving a BMW 328i will have to spend more than double (every km), comparing to what s/he would have to spend if driving a 320d.

Actually if you look at it, in India there are not many petrol options once you step into the 20-70 lakes price range.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Is there any fact in Honda's statement that their diesel engine can't run with the diesel available in India? If the German's can run with our fuel, what's with this particular 2.2L diesel engine?
Not really, but everytime Honda puts out a press conference, they say the same thing and the fanboys repeat it so often, they believe it. The Engine is pretty lame for its displacement, similar figures are available in 1.5L engines the Europeans have been selling for a decade.

The fact is that Honda never really bothered with diesel, and from the looks of it, they aren't about to for a while. The CRV will manage sales from the company types, because maintenance is low. 30 Lakhs and 6kmpl is pushing it for a Civic on stilts.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 15:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Cheaper may not be a point for we rich brats but Does 30 lakhs for a Honda UV justifies the price? Why the hell will I pay so much for a Honda when I am getting a Freelander 2 of 35 lakhs that to with a diesel heart. Money doesn't grow on tree, its our hard earned money and well we prefer spending it wisely!
Old 17th December 2012, 22:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

I was at the Honda outlet for getting my car serviced and showed interest in the current CRV. But the manager actually asked me to wait till March. He's confident that the CRV is being launched with a diesel engine and that too with an ex-showroom price of 18-20 lakhs for the base version. He says they are no longer getting it via CBU but infact assembling it here which will bring the price down.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 09:51   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I was at the Honda outlet for getting my car serviced and showed interest in the current CRV. But the manager actually asked me to wait till March. He's confident that the CRV is being launched with a diesel engine and that too with an ex-showroom price of 18-20 lakhs for the base version. He says they are no longer getting it via CBU but infact assembling it here which will bring the price down.
Too optimistic claims I would say! But if it indeed is done, then great! No auto mags have reported any of these. Assembling locally is a very good move, but let's wait & see.
Old 18th December 2012, 10:13   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

All credit to Renault.
They started the fire.
India is a SUV country and manufacturers should give us what we want :-)

And it's good that finally Honda is accepting their crap about our diesel quality, which was a non-issue. They really did not have diesel tech which they seem to be fixing now.

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed