Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 00:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Honda gearing up for CNG

In first launch city will be offered, then jazz and civic will follow.
It will be a sequential kit on offer at dealer's location.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 09:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
This is similar arrangement like Hyundai, unlike Maruti Suzuki, but, no doubt these kits are as good as the Maruti Suzuki ones.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda gearing up for CNG. City CNG to be launched in October 2012

with notable decrease in power output and an equally significant increase in kerb weight, the power to weight ratio is also going for a toss.
And this is something that could be felt in practical road scenario as well i guess :(
Old 20th September 2012, 11:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Just to add, the warranty on these sequential kits will be offered by the dealership themselves and not by Honda. Anything goes wrong, you go to the dealer. But then again, nothing goes wrong really with these sequential kits and imported ECU's (sans Made in China ones). All you need is servicing the air filter once a few months and that's it!
Old 12th October 2012, 13:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Here's a pic from yahoo news of the CNG city.

Honda City CNG to be launched in October 2012. EDIT : Launched!-11jpg_053649.jpg

source.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/cars...350020215.html
Old 12th October 2012, 19:47   #51
BHPian

That's a great news buddy. There are a whole lot of launches this month. What is the expected price? I think it is going to compete with the SX4 CNG and Honda is surely going to come out with flying colours.
Old 12th October 2012, 23:35   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
with notable decrease in power output and an equally significant increase in kerb weight, the power to weight ratio is also going for a toss.
And this is something that could be felt in practical road scenario as well i guess :(
It is always a question of a trade-off. Performance is not purse friendly and purse friendly economy has a price in performance and a near complete loss in boot capacity, if the picture ( in post #50 of this thread) supposed to be that of the City boot with the CNG cylinder is of the specimen that is being launched.
Old 19th October 2012, 15:20   #53
BHPian

Dear All,

When I got my ANHC serviced at Apex Honda, checked with them on ANHC CNG option. They confirmed that it will be launched by end-Oct, but only in the VMT model, at around 11 - 11.5 lacs. I think there is something seriously wrong with the Honda top management team !

Wonder what is their understanding of Indian auto consumers and the changing landscape - How can they keep making mistake after mistake on the pricing front !
Old 19th October 2012, 17:02   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post
Dear All,

When I got my ANHC serviced at Apex Honda, checked with them on ANHC CNG option. They confirmed that it will be launched by end-Oct, but only in the VMT model, at around 11 - 11.5 lacs. I think there is something seriously wrong with the Honda top management team !

Wonder what is their understanding of Indian auto consumers and the changing landscape - How can they keep making mistake after mistake on the pricing front !
I still somehow see a lot of Honda City's coming out of there showrooms. I happen to live across the road of a Honda Showroom, and i manage to witness a whole lot of new Honda City's being delivered to customers.

It's not like they are delivering 10-20 cars a day, but then considering the price and the Bang for the buck i still wonder how Honda manages to sell the City

I mean the premium badge can also go to Hyundai's Verna & the Vento as well, still people somehow have a blind faith in Honda. Hats off the Honda i guess for this !!
Old 20th October 2012, 18:52   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post
Dear All,

If its going to be 11-11.5 lacs then hardly anyone will buy it. Instead people will prefer to buy a corporate edition and put an aftermarket sequential kit on it, just like frankmehta did it on his civic which is running great.
Old 21st October 2012, 09:13   #56
BHPian

This is a scoop and a well awaited one. Thanks !
An immediate reaction I have is on the (complete) loss of boot space - something that is an important consideration while buying a sedan. There is a safety issue too, since these are not factory fitted. I live in Bangalore, so I am also not sure if the CNG is available in plenty.
Btw, I have also heard elsewhere that VW is considering the same option for Vento !
All in all, good for the environment and inflation, i say !
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:46   #57
BHPian

Casca kits to be added in Honda City

Got a news that Honda is planning to introduce a new variant of the Honda City with the Casca kits. The kit includes a Touch screen, Bluetooth etc.
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Toda's TOI (Delhi Times Edition) carries an advertisement for the City CNG, which is available on select City variants. Honda is offering a 24-months+40k kms warranty on the CNG variant.

As discussed earlier, the CNG kit is not an OE offered by the company, & will be fitted at dealership premises.

I checked the website, but there are no details therein, at the moment.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 08:57   #59
BANNED

Sad to see a great engine succumbing to the CNG madness. However, I am sure Honda will do a great job of a hopeless task.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Sad to see a great engine succumbing to the CNG madness. However, I am sure Honda will do a great job of a hopeless task.
CNG kits are not factory fitted. Let's hope dealers don't mess up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks