Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 11:50   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
The patriotism card will never work in India unlike how it helped the Chinese/Korean or Japs. Let's face it - we as a nation are a highly unpatriotic lot with our "diversity". That makes it even more challenging because your home market isn't going to support you with high sales which will fuel further R&D and better products. Between the 2 , M&M seems to have done a much better job on multiple parameters while TML still tries to play the "Tata trusted brand" card which will not cut much ice very soon. With due respect to Ratan Tata, I wonder why he couldn't stem the rot in TML himself during his long tenure ?
I dont think patriotism or lack of it has anything to do with this. If hyundai were indian, you would probably see same or more of them on indian roads. Hyundai has understood the formula for indian market than any others in India. I wish tatas were able to do the same.

On a side note, does Korea incentivize customers to purchase locaaly made cars... that could be one reason why Koreans buy more Korean cars. How about iPhones, dont they sell well in Samsung's home country?
Old 28th October 2013, 00:17   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ratan Tata praises rival Mahindra, rues Tata Motors' sales

I think Tata and Mahindra have a great future ahead of them...

as long as the Indian Govt contintues the policy of taxing imported vehicles at 100 to 200 percent duties.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th October 2013 at 11:15. Reason: Please do not type with excessive dots in a post. Thanks!
Old 28th October 2013, 13:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think Tata and Mahindra have a great future ahead of them...

as long as the Indian Govt contintues the policy of taxing imported vehicles at 100 to 200 percent duties.
I like your sarcasm...

But, yest both need to work on quality rather than gimmicks (like RM for every vehicle or vehicles loaded with features which do not work when expected). At present M&M seems to be proactive in this, but, they also can be seen as a hyper-active kid trying too much to grab your attention (with new products without foolproof engineering).
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 22:50   #79

The simple answer is improving perceived quality of Tata cars.. I remember Mahindra started focusing on this aspect since the launch of scorpio. The results are proof. Thats the only way TATA can ensure a secure future in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks