Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 10:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhellwemeet
It depends on which model you had looked at... was it the 2006 GM 5-Door segment one or the old one ?

What ever may be the case I am eagar to test drive it ...
I think this car looks beautiful ..... looks fresh.

Anyways Looks are the most subjective and a matter of personal choice. Its only because this that we find all different cars on the road. Else every one would have had just one *beautiful car* .... he he.
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:35   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
I think this car looks beautiful ..... looks fresh.

Anyways Looks are the most subjective and a matter of personal choice. Its only because this that we find all different cars on the road. Else every one would have had just one *beautiful car* .... he he.
Yes True....
There are other factors also like the features, VFM, FE and others which we will have to consider. Like I always felt that Swfit looks cool from outside, but looks are really impractical when you are behind the wheels. I felt the view from inside the Swift is very limited, it gives you a kind of cramped up feel.
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:45   #18

Looks pretty good to me. Not as good as the Swift i think , but still looks nice. It reminds me of some other car...i can't put my finger on it though...! Wonder if it will better the Swift and the Getz on things like ownership cost and Mileage.
Old 22nd April 2006, 17:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more pic guys...
The pics you have shown are the Type1 model with separate headlight and turn signal. The type 2 has one piece unit and that's what's coming to India. There may be other differences too.
Old 24th April 2006, 14:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

The second sets of pics are of not the one which would be launched in India as in the indicators are different so there would be small costmetic differences.
Old 25th April 2006, 09:59   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
The second sets of pics are of not the one which would be launched in India as in the indicators are different so there would be small costmetic differences.
I had taken this pic from the US site...
Old 25th April 2006, 10:08   #22

But I am post the pic of Aveo hatch back released in South africa which will be close to the india version.

Old 25th April 2006, 10:11   #23

some more aveo hatch back pics released in the Middle east...

E N J O Y
Old 25th April 2006, 10:42   #24
BHPian

Chevy Aveo UVA

Saw the pics of Aveo UV-A, just wanted to know, if this is the model which will be launched in India.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:08   #25
BHPian

inhellwemeet,

indica-indigo, palio-petra

the commonality is that these cars have very similar front end to minimize the costs.....

so do not expect the UA to look like what you have posted.....i believe it will be very similar to the AVEO-sedan, atleast the front 50% portion.

anyway the AVEO-sedan front looks much better that what you have posted, so its anyway going to be good.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:16   #26

Quote:
inhellwemeet,

indica-indigo, palio-petra

the commonality is that these cars have very similar front end to minimize the costs.....

so do not expect the UA to look like what you have posted.....i believe it will be very similar to the AVEO-sedan, atleast the front 50% portion.

anyway the AVEO-sedan front looks much better that what you have posted, so its anyway going to be good.
NO... venkatrx Aveo U-Va and Aveo-sedan will look completly different. Infact the Aveo Hatch and sedan with different looks have already been luanched in many countries.

The current Aveo sedan which was luanched in India is the complete re-vamp of the older Aveo sedan which looked like the present hatch back.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:17   #27
BHPian

i wonder if the u-va comes with the option of a 1.6L engine. The Palio is feeling lonely at the top of the performance hill
Old 25th April 2006, 13:40   #28
BHPian

Quote:
NO... venkatrx Aveo U-Va and Aveo-sedan will look completly different. Infact the Aveo Hatch and sedan with different looks have already been luanched in many countries.

The current Aveo sedan which was luanched in India is the complete re-vamp of the older Aveo sedan which looked like the present hatch back.
this is not a good idea i believe......GM was not doing well in india and with AVEO they have a golden opportunity......if AVEO-UVA is based on the same platform as AVEO-sedan, they can reduce cost and sell lot more cars....

you see, maruti will build swift-sedan based on swift-hatchback platform ..... and NHC is actually the sedan version of honda-jazz.

i wonder why would GM doesn't want to use the aveo-sedan platform for aveo-uva...
Old 25th April 2006, 15:03   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
this is not a good idea i believe......GM was not doing well in india and with AVEO they have a golden opportunity......if AVEO-UVA is based on the same platform as AVEO-sedan, they can reduce cost and sell lot more cars....

you see, maruti will build swift-sedan based on swift-hatchback platform ..... and NHC is actually the sedan version of honda-jazz.

i wonder why would GM doesn't want to use the aveo-sedan platform for aveo-uva...
I can think of one reason immediately. Global car makers launch the same car in different countries with different badgings and slightly different looks. This is a very common phenomenon. Now GM is in trouble anyhow. They are closing down their plants in the west one after another. In such unsustainable times when they are not able to take the heat from their competitors (read the Japs, primarily) they are taking the fight to the enemy camp. Already they have started exporting cars from their venture in China. Earlier the cars produced in China was only meant for that country. GM is also on record saying that they look at India as a hub for manufacturing small to mid-sized cars. In such a scenario do not be surprised if the hatch and the sedans from GM are also destined for different countries of the world. That they are also going to be sold here is just incidental.
Old 26th April 2006, 11:42   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
I can think of one reason immediately. Global car makers launch the same car in different countries with different badgings and slightly different looks. This is a very common phenomenon. Now GM is in trouble anyhow. They are closing down their plants in the west one after another. In such unsustainable times when they are not able to take the heat from their competitors (read the Japs, primarily) they are taking the fight to the enemy camp. Already they have started exporting cars from their venture in China. Earlier the cars produced in China was only meant for that country. GM is also on record saying that they look at India as a hub for manufacturing small to mid-sized cars. In such a scenario do not be surprised if the hatch and the sedans from GM are also destined for different countries of the world. That they are also going to be sold here is just incidental.

Precisely I second you on this. Other than that because of the competition they had to deliver some thing better than the Aveo Hatchback like Sedan which they were selling in some countries like Indonesia, Brazil etc., as Aveo sedan. SO they launched this new completely re-vamped version of Aveo Sedan to compete with cars like NHC, Accent and others.

Most Viewed