Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki A-Star facelift spotted abroad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki A-Star facelift spotted abroad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/125409-maruti-suzuki-star-facelift-spotted-abroad.html)

Source: Motoroids.com
Maruti Suzuki A-Star facelift spotted abroad-setwidth6002013suzukiastar.jpg
Check the LED tail lamps
Maruti Suzuki A-Star facelift spotted abroad-2013suzukiastar3.jpg

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki A-Star is actually a the latest generation of Suzuki Alto hatchback. The last generation of Alto, which has been on sale in India since a decade now, has been doing a lot of good to MSIL and hence, the popular car maker decided against replacing it with the latest generation. The latest development with the Alto, nay, the AStar is that Suzuki has facelifted the car for the Chinese domestic market. The refreshed A-Star gets a revised front fascia with a new set of headlamps, fog lamps, grille and the front bumper. At the rear, the car gets a new design motif and LED treatment for the tail lamps. Power option for the car remains to be the same 1 Litre, three pot K-Series motor that produces a good 67 Bhp and offers a peppy performance. The sighting also means that the AStar in Indian market might be close to getting a mid life facelift to inject some freshness in to the fast ageing car. While the AStar isn’t too popular in our car market, the latest generation of Alto has been doing good numbers in various international countries. The car is also known as the Suzuki Celerio and the Nissan Pixo in some car markets abroad. We feel that a price cut and a facelift might work wonders for the AStar in our market.
Source: SPIED: Maruti Suzuki AStar facelift | Motoroids

Loved the alloys! while this looks good, not too sure if it would do any wonders since the price is high. Sadly, Maruti cannot reduce the price as Alto is already there and below that the new alto800 is also coming!

Headlights are a major improvement.
Gone are the Frog-eyes. Thanks heavens for it.
But I feel its a bit too late.

That's a Suzuki face lift for the Chinese market. And the car looks good.

I doubt we will get it here any time soon. It was only a couple of months ago that Maruti revamped the interiors and added split seats etc.

The A-Star in this avatar is certainly a better looker. However, it's the two SX4 hatch-crossovers, white in the first pic and grey(ish) in the second that are interesting me more! I'd like to hear this would be coming here soon!

Edit:
The Skoda tail-lense design (the C-element, straight on the left, inverted on the right) seems to be a favourite with copy-cats nowadays. The upcoming Renault Scala and now the new A-Star seem to have adopted it already!

The front looks better now; although a little i10ed.

Is this coming to India? Will this be like A-star's swansong version or MS is actually planning to pursue this model in India?

Wow just some small changes to the front and rear actually makes the A-star look a lot more aggressive and better looking.

Hopefully MSIL brings this to India. Only problem remains rear space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2879917)
The front looks better now; although a little i10ed.

I was thinking the same thing. To me it looks i10ish.
And yes the rear space is really poor. Actually if they address this, it can be a pretty decent alternative to the i10 AT considering that they are the only 2 small hatches with AT at the moment in the country.

I think its lost its character. Yes, it looked like a frog. But now it looks like an i10 mixed with an ertiga.
Always thought that the A star was an underachiever, given that its a good car overall. But Maruti has flooded this segment with lots of models and they are having a hard time segregating them and consequently having to price the A star higher than what it should be.

The A star front was nice, agreed that looks are subjective. Frog eyes are not taboo. matiz had those kind of eyes.
The new rear lamp looks like it derived inspiration from the Polo. Change is neede to the rear end altogether to make it more lovely.

Looks great, will be a welcome change from the current frog eyed version.
Hope Maruti can price it at current A-Star level.

The new headlamps and the alloys look very good. This will take a lot more takers than the current A-star.

Gentlemen - Take a look at the greyish blue car in the background (1st image). Isn't it the SX4 hatchback?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat
Gentlemen - Take a look at the greyish blue car in the background (1st image). Isn't it the SX4 hatchback?

Yes.

the image is not from India. The facelift is for the Chinese market, and may be coming to India as will.

It has Punto like alloys. The alloys and the rear headlights look good. :thumbs up

I wish they wouldn't slope the roof at the back so much. Spoils the side profile.