Team-BHP - Toyota launches 7th-generation Camry at Rs 23.8 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota launches 7th-generation Camry at Rs 23.8 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/125481-toyota-launches-7th-generation-camry-rs-23-8-lakh.html)

Mod Note : The Team-BHP Toyota Camry Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

Toyota launches 7th-generation Camry at Rs 23.8 lakh

Toyota launches 7th-generation Camry at Rs 23.8 lakh-201208241245367871689camry644x355.jpg

Leading car maker Toyota on Friday launched the 7th generation Camry. The sedan, priced at Rs 23.8 lakh (ex-Delhi), will be available in only one variant, a 2.5-litre petrol.

The vehicle will be assembled at the company’s Bidadi plant near Bangalore.

It will be available in four colours—White Pearl Crystal Shine, Silver Metallic, Beige Metallic and Attitude Black.

The Camry and the Corolla account for over 60 per cent of the company’s sales worldwide.

The new Camry sports a Chrome radiator grille, automatic headlamps, 10-spoke, 16-inch alloy wheels and a 10-way power-adjust driver’s seat, among other features.

The sedan will compete with the Honda Accord, the Nissan Teana, the new Hyundai Sonata, the Skoda Superb and the Volkswagen Passat.

SOURCE : NDTV PROFIT; NDTV, 24 Aug 2012 | 12:35 PM

Looking at the feature list, the competition offers far more features for the same price, and with diesel engines!

I wonder what made them price it so high when it is a CKD and not a CBU. Looks like they are not expecting too much sales, and want to recover their investments by charging more from the few customers who'll go for Camry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 2881381)
....Leading car maker Toyota on Friday launched the 7th generation Camry. The sedan, priced at Rs 23.8 lakh (ex-Delhi), will be available in only one variant, a 2.5-litre petrol.

I frankly don't see many takers for the new Camry at this price point. Given the rising petrol prices, even luxury fleet operators look at diesel cars to cut down their running costs.

A very unexciting launch I must say!

PS: The side profile looks very Etios-ish in the above pic. Eh?

And does it come with just two Airbags? Shame on you Toyota!

Terrible pricing. I really wonder why some of these automakers even bother !!
The Accord is struggling with a discount of 1.2-1.5 L and that too on a price which is well below 23.5 ex showroom.

Why won't people buy a Volvo S60 at pretty much the same price ! Its around 27.5 on road for the lower variant which has more features than a camry !

is it just me or anybody else too thinks that if we replace the front grill with that of a Honda Accord, it would look almost like an Accord.

I am simply stunned at the pricing. A little too ambitious with the targets of 200 units per month that they have. They have shot themselves in the foot with the stupid pricing.

They should have priced it something like 19.95 lacs or something to pull a few people into the showroom.

For Bangalore 23.5 Ex showroom will make the one road price easily above 28 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 2881381)
The sedan, priced at Rs 23.8 lakh (ex-Delhi), will be available in only one variant, a 2.5-litre petrol.

Killer pricing. :)
Killed off the car at the launch itself.

Why the need to go through the motions. Management. Sigh.

One more New Camry Thread when there are at least 3 others running! Mods may combine if they feel necessary.

Some things I find very surprising with the New Camry which will cost nearly 25~26 Lacs on road (very overpriced), are -

1. Only 2 airbags for a car of this class. A glaring safety omission by Toyota
2. No Sunroof option
3. Reversing Camera as a paid accessory and not standard
4. Petrol only!!!
5. No MT option for enthusiasts

Weblink - Toyota - Camry - Lead By Example

May eventually turn out to be a dud as the previous Camry and the petrol only Sonata. Very sad from a Toyota lover's point of view.

Review coming up in 5 minutes. Thread closed :D

Mod Note : The Team-BHP Toyota Camry Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.