Team-BHP - Which big city has the best driving conditions?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which big city has the best driving conditions? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12556-big-city-has-best-driving-conditions-2.html)

Chandigarh/Panchkula (though driving laws are quite strictly enforced) ....driving in Delhi is a NIGHTMARE!!

Pardon me, but I feel only BHPians who have travelled in all of these cities could participate in the poll. Otherwise, each will promote their respective cities!

Hi,

I live in chandigarh and in a year 3 times i visit delhi and have been to pune too. So out of these 3 chandigarh has the best out there as the traffic is less than 50% the traffic of delhi.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseidon
Pardon me, but I feel only BHPians who have travelled in all of these cities could participate in the poll. Otherwise, each will promote their respective cities!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh
Hi,

I live in chandigarh and in a year 3 times i visit delhi and have been to pune too. So out of these 3 chandigarh has the best out there as the traffic is less than 50% the traffic of delhi.

What I meant was, a poll should have a rational design to generate a meaningful massage. A poll on say, attributes of cars (available across the country) will give valid results. This one will only generate heat, not light.

i've been to Chandigarh intermittently - not for a while though. From whatever I remember, the design of the roads, sectors and traffic patterns lends itself to smooth flow. I actually cycled the entire city once without feeling threatened - can't imagine living through that in namma Bengaluru.
And don't worry abt us guys promoting our city - no way

What's the need to include Kolkata in the poll. They stopped repairing and constructing roads after 1990.lol:

Of late, they are building a couple of flyovers and highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poseidon

I dont think Mumbai guys will vote Mumbai. I have voted Chandigarh. :) As some one puts it, it might be an attempt to humiliate us Mumbai-ites. j/k LOL

you all should checkout the roads in Hyderabad...
they have become HUGE and very good...
Place to drive...

Hyderabad roads rock.. ! But, unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the drivers.. you can see folks on the right most lane stop suddenly to enjoy the scenery/speak about something really important with their passengers, etc..
People cutting lanes, driving irresponsibly and so on..

If those can be fixed, I guess it is a pretty happy place to drive in..

IMO this opinion poll cant be conclusive as it depends on number of members in this forum from various cities. Each one will like their city and also may not have visited or driven in all cities listed here.

Of the 8 cities listed above, i have driven in Bangalore, Delhi, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Chennai. And out of these 5, Chandigarh stands head n shoulders above the rest as far as driving conditions go, with Delhi coming second.

So, my vote goes to Chandigarh.

Amitoj

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj
Of the 8 cities listed above, i have driven in Bangalore, Delhi, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Chennai. And out of these 5, Chandigarh stands head n shoulders above the rest as far as driving conditions go, with Delhi coming second.

So, my vote goes to Chandigarh.

Amitoj

I Agree with Amitoj.. I have driven in Bangalore (obvious) Delhi, Chandigarh, Chennai and i feel the traffic is much better and controlled in Chandigarh.. (Hate the Bus drivers on the delhi chandigarh highway)

My vote goes to chandigarh too..Nice planned city but i get very confused there as everything looks the same lol:

Has to be Delhi... wide roads, very less 2-wheeler traffic, flyovers almost throughout the city... Chandigarh comes a close second to Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather
Nice planned city but i get very confused there as everything looks the same

:OT And i totally agree with u there. Everything is so symmetric that it gets on my nerves at times.

Of the cities listed above, i have driven in Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai... have been to panchkula but didnt go to chandigarh ( missed it )
out of these i like Delhi due to the wide roads that are there, never got stuck in a traffic jam the 1 year that i stayed there. love the bus lanes in the city where busses have to stick to that lane only.

The main thing that bangalore lacks is wide roads, and in places where roads are being widened, they end up in a bottle neck creating conjestion in traffic. the busses OMG get scared sometimes at the way they drive and morons stop in the middle of the road near a bus stop.... dont even want to mention about the autos here...