Team-BHP - Which big city has the best driving conditions?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Which big city has the best driving conditions? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12556-big-city-has-best-driving-conditions-3.html)

I have driven in Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Panchkulla and Pune. Have been to kolkatta but have not driven there..

I would like to say that Chandigarh and Panchkulla has the best driving conditions..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Well chandigarh cannot be compared to Delhi or Mumbai. Delhi has the highest number of cars anywhere in India... and if that was not enough we also have autorickshaws, bicycles wallahs, smoke bellowing vikram's, manic bus drivers, call center racer cabs, 2 wheelers, carts, broken down overloaded trucks, three wheelers and an occasional cow or buffalo, along with people croosing the roads on a knife edge, tryin their luck inspite of the subways and more on the roads!
Oh hw can i forget *no fear* D0G!

i vote for chandigarh ....bangalore has no traffic rules for its drivers ...here people bang into you and then decide on whether to run or fight after seeing your number plate .....if its a car registered in some other state then you have had it ...unless u are strong enough to fight ...
in bangalore bikers will knock you down when walking on the pavement and then abuse you for coming in their way !!!!!!!!
in other cities RED signal means STOP ...here it means stop for a while and then speed away ....
also ,everyone is in race mode no matter what vehicle you are in .....
the reason why i am saying all this is because i have seen crazy maniac drivers speeding through red lights ,bikers and autorickshaws knocking people on teh foot path...and mad drivers banging wheels on busy public roads
mumbai is way better than bangalore ......in other words bangalore drivers suckkkk ...

Interesting thing to note is whoever has driven in Chandigarh, has voted for Chandigarh!
But my question is... hehe... since when did Chandigarh become a "big" city? :p

Amitoj

What on the earth is Bangalore doing here? I have driven in Bangalore and Chennai, but have not enjoyed driving in either of these cities. I have been to Hyderabad and Delhi. Both cities have wide roads, but I feel vehicles in Delhi tend to follow traffic rules more as compared to Hyderabad. In Hyderabad, the rule is simple, "You make your rule" :)

As someone pointed out, there are no rules in Bangalore either. Drivers just fill in the gaps. They are waiting at the extreme left though they want to take a right. I had a hard talk with a taxiwalla in which myself and my family were travelling yesterday. He just drove through the red signal dodging vehicles from the direction which had the right of signal. I had to remind the driver that we do not entertain any such thing and we had an 8 month old kid travelling with us! I can never imagine doing that when I drive.

chandigarh might b good 2 drive still delhi rules!!!

I have driven only in Hyd and has been to B'lore and Chennai. None of them deserve a vote.