Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 07:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive
This a different problem and slightly OT. But doing away with toll booths is not the solution. It actually removes return of investment or income to maintain the infrastructure or build new ones. An actual solution would be use of photo magnetic IDs affixed to vehicles like this.
Agree with that. Also, the reason why the average speed is so low could be due to bad infrastructure in the first place.

The second fact is the kind of trucks plying on our roads. The overloaded dinosaurs simply cant cross that speed. I am working with a CV manufacturer and this was a revelation to me too.

The CV industry will see a sea of changes in the next two years thanks to some worthy competition coming up to challenge the established players. It will be like the revolution we saw in the car industry in the 90s. So one problem is atleast being addressed by the industry.
DReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 07:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_DEL

That is a revelation indeed!!!!!

Maybe the naysayers should pay heed to the fact that an automotive engineer to boot is saying the ICE age (not a geographical reference) does not have solutions for our automotive future.

But then, proactive thinking is not the forte of the masses - and I am aware I will be flamed and that too with gusto for my indiscretion in making this remark. But then so be it.
http://m.economictimes.com/news/news...w/16620192.cms

A link the news talking about a climate change model presented by a scientist from IISC.

If less than 10% penetration of automobiles per capita can do this kind of damage, imagine what would happen if another 20 or 30% were to realise their dream of having a better life with mobility.

No one will be ready to hear about the emissions from other industries and run around to crucify the automobile, just because it is the most visible source of emissions. I would not want it to face that kind of fate after 100 glorious years of existence.

Most Viewed